321 replies to this topic

sk89q
    sk89q

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 474 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:43 PM

CraftBook adds a number of original gameplay elements to SMP from switchable bridges to elevators to gates (including flood gates)! It also has redstone support, allowing you to wire up pumpkins and use integrated circuits!

Arrow barrage blocks:
VgPI031wtgE

Redstone-powered netherstone:
VOpsX1hYXNw

Toggle bridges + redstone pumpkins:
JAPbubXUv2s

Integrated circuits (one of many):
Posted Image

Features:

Any feature can be disabled!

Download:

Posted Image Download

Forum:
http://forum.sk89q.com/

How to use:
http://wiki.sk89q.co...CraftBook#Usage

Posted Image
I'm the author of WorldEdit, WorldGuard, WarmRoast, a custom MC launcher platform, and a few other things.
I've also been running a server since MC alpha:
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

ShadowBrain

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:12 PM

Hey! I know you!

chaud
    chaud

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:22 AM

It would be great if you could toggle the gate farther from the source. I have a 15 block high gate that this works perfectly on except for the need to climb up to the sign.

sk89q
    sk89q

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 474 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:16 AM

@ShadowBrain: I know you too ;)

@chaud: Yeah, I will increase the range in the next version.
I'm the author of WorldEdit, WorldGuard, WarmRoast, a custom MC launcher platform, and a few other things.
Posted Image

sk89q
    sk89q

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 474 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 12:52 AM

New!

Elevator

Make it easy to go from level to level with this nifty elevator. Just make a sign with the second line as [Lift Up] or [Lift Down] and right click it to move between levels. Note that there must be a sign directly above or below the sign you right click on (depending on which way you want to go) in order for the elevator to work. Use [Lift] on the second line of a sign if you just need a placeholder for that purpose. The first line of the sign can be used to say the floor name (it will be printed to chat).

Posted Image

Cauldron

Make a cauldron and then do some recipes! Best of all you can easily define recipes yourself: you just need to choose the required 'ingredients' (up to 8) and provide a list of items or blocks to give the player! Edit the cauldron-recipes.txt file to add your own recipes. By default there is one recipe to make grass from three dirt blocks and two saplings.

Posted Image

The cauldron must be 2x2 in size with 4 blocks of stationary lava underneath and smooth stone blocks around the cauldron. Right click any block inside the cauldron to make a recipe.

Apple Trees

Note: This requires v122+ which does not yet exist as of writing.

Every time you destroy leaves, you may get an apple dropped for you to pick up. This chance can be adjusted inside craftbook.properties (the file is created when you first run CraftBook). Use a number between 0 and 100, with 100 being a 100% chance.

Bookshelf Drops

Note: This requires v122+ which does not yet exist as of writing.

Every time you destroy a bookshelf, you will get a bookshelf item.

Version 0.2:

[*:2uzjf6ba]Added the elevator.
    [*:2uzjf6ba]Added the cauldron.
    [*:2uzjf6ba]Added apple drops.
    [*:2uzjf6ba]Added bookshelf drops.
    [*:2uzjf6ba]Made book reading code able to handle the first and last lines of a file.
    [*:2uzjf6ba]Made the gate toggle range slightly larger so you can toggle larger gates and you don't have to have the sign up very high.

Download: http://github.com/do...aftbook-0.2.zip

Posted Image
Posted Image

chaud
    chaud

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:25 AM

The new version now makes the gate flat upon toggle, breaking curved gates.

sk89q
    sk89q

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 474 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 05:46 AM

I'll look into it.
Posted Image

blaize9
    blaize9

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:44 AM

Where do i put the cauldron-recipes.txt you did not say, im assuming that i put it into the bin folder too.
Posted Image

sk89q
    sk89q

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 474 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:33 AM

It should be the bin/ folder.
Posted Image

sk89q
    sk89q

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 474 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:46 PM

Well, v122 exists now:
viewtopic.php?f=1012&t=23340

If you are having problems, check out the thread on hey0's forum as there has been a lot of activity there:
http://forum.hey0.ne...opic.php?id=399
Posted Image

CtrlAlt
    CtrlAlt

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Minecraft: CtrlAlt

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:01 PM

The server is I play on just implemented this. I have to say awesome job. Love the gate and bookshelf idea.
Posted Image

DanteZ
    DanteZ

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 938 posts
  • Minecraft: Dantez2

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:16 PM

The gate and elevator system are extremely useful on SMP servers. You see them italics? That means it's good.

Recommend it to everyone! :Notch:
Posted Image

scoobypup

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:19 AM

Is there any way to extend the light switch beyond the 10 x5 area? I've been trying redstone stuff with not much luck. I have a huge underground area I'd like to somehow have light up with just one light switch.
And this mod is the shit. Seriously. I look forward to future additions/improvements.

sk89q
    sk89q

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 474 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:17 AM

Redstone stuff doesn't work on SMP, so that's probably why.

As for expanding the area, that exponentially increases the work involved because it looks inside the area for torches. It can also get annoying, toggling torches that you don't want toggled.

__

On another note, if anyone is having problems getting the cauldron to work, try this:
http://sk89q.com/tem...r/CraftBook.jar

Tell me the messages it shows you when you attempt to use a cauldron. Note that if it complains that the block underneath isn't lava, it's due to a different issue that manifests itself with the same printed error, so don't take that message to heart.
Posted Image

Roadcrosser
  • Minecraft: Roadcrosser

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:10 AM

When I start my server I get
[INFO] cauldron-recipes.txt not loaded: cauldron-recipes.txt (No such file or directory)

Even though I am sure I left it in the plugins folder, uh... Yeah that's about it. I'd use the cauldron fix but I don't think it's the same error and my SCP software is still being downloaded

<Grau> Minecraft: You wake up on a beach remembering nothing but your Bachelors Degree in Constuction, Architure, Industrial Mining, Survival, Ranged Combat, Close Quarter Combat, Medical, and Psychiatr

Give me a sec to use the restroom. To pee. -Notch on live streaming
Posted Image

Retsmah
    Retsmah

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:26 PM

This looks really exciting, I'm looking forward to seeing it on more public SMP servers!
No waypoint is safe.

sk89q
    sk89q

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 474 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:00 PM

Roadcrosser said:

When I start my server I get
[INFO] cauldron-recipes.txt not loaded: cauldron-recipes.txt (No such file or directory)

Even though I am sure I left it in the plugins folder, uh... Yeah that's about it. I'd use the cauldron fix but I don't think it's the same error and my SCP software is still being downloaded

Put it in the bin folder.
Posted Image

reicon
    reicon

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:19 PM

Here's an Idea..

Toggle able Fireplaces.

I've seen in my server already that people have been able to get fire to stay on a log/stump surrounded by halfstones and it looks like a fireplace or firepit for roasting marshmallows and such, but it'd be interesting if it was toggle able for inside houses.

sk89q
    sk89q

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 474 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:38 PM

Sounds like a good idea!
Posted Image

Colonel Thirty Two

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:44 AM

ShadowBrain said:

Hey! I know you!
Same :Zombie:

Anyway, nice job!