• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

The Sound of the Enderman

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

TheAwesomeSausage

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:34 PM

What do you think the sound of the Enderman should be like? I want a soft and ghostly, alien sound, not sharp, like the zombies.

Register or log in to remove.

SabbyKat
    SabbyKat

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2691 posts
  • Minecraft: SabbyKat

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:34 PM

View PostTheAwesomeSausage, on 29 August 2011 - 03:34 PM, said:

What do you think the sound of the Enderman should be like? I want a soft and ghostly, alien sound, not sharp, like the zombies.

Good question actually, I haven't heard anything about their noise yet. Anyone have anything on this? x.x
Once again, I return from the Shadows. Soon, so very soon, I will show you all the terrors of my mind in a tangible form... :D

MagicDudes
  • Minecraft: MagicDudes

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

I heard onetime its like whispering many voices randomly. I dont know if this is true
Posted Image

SabbyKat
    SabbyKat

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2691 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:39 PM

View PostMagicDudes, on 29 August 2011 - 03:37 PM, said:

I heard onetime its like whispering many voices randomly. I dont know if this is true

Speculation. Need concrete evidence, though I doubt we'll get any until 1.8 sadly.
Once again, I return from the Shadows. Soon, so very soon, I will show you all the terrors of my mind in a tangible form... :D

flyingchihuahua

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:43 PM

I both want them to have sound and don't.

On one hand you have them making creepy whispering noises or whatever sound they make will just amplify their psychological power.

On the other hand they make no sound and you will never know when you accidentally mouse over one and don't know until you see those eyes.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Click em'!

Nobscu
    Nobscu

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Minecraft: Nobscu

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:44 PM

Their ambiance is good enough, in my opinion.
"For your information, I have Friends -- All 10 seasons of it."
Posted Image

SabbyKat
    SabbyKat

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2691 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

View Postflyingchihuahua, on 29 August 2011 - 03:43 PM, said:

I both want them to have sound and don't.

On one hand you have them making creepy whispering noises or whatever sound they make will just amplify their psychological power.

On the other hand they make no sound and you will never know when you accidentally mouse over one and don't know until you see those eyes.

I'd love to have them make these slow, eerie distant whispers like people talking but are very far away, or out of sight.

Then when they 'break' from their staring contest  with you, and teleport on you, they screech or scream in rage. That right there is nightmare material, friends. >=)

Nobscu
    Nobscu

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Minecraft: Nobscu

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

View PostSabbyKat, on 29 August 2011 - 03:46 PM, said:

I'd love to have them make these slow, eerie distant whispers like people talking but are very far away, or out of sight.

Then when they 'break' from their staring contest  with you, and teleport on you, they screech or scream in rage. That right there is nightmare material, friends. >=)

That just reminded me of damn youtube screamers.
"For your information, I have Friends -- All 10 seasons of it."
Posted Image

Chibi521
  • Minecraft: Chibi521

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:48 PM

That sounds like it would be awesome. But tbh, I wouldn't mind if they were just quiet. Creepy enough for me.

Posted Image

nostro99

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

I think he should whisper. (you could not understand)

like this

If I am helpful click the little green + on the bottom of my comment/topic
Posted Image

rh27un
    rh27un

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1914 posts
  • Minecraft: rh27un
  • Xbox:rh27un

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:21 PM

i think they'll sound sort of squeaky, but that's just me. mabye they won't sound too different from zombie pigmen or ghasts
Posted Image
(Whitelisted :P)

raptor777777
  • Location: Anywhere but the parking lot for the next seven minutes.

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:23 PM

No sound would be all the sound we need

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Cassie
    Cassie

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1360 posts
  • Minecraft: Cassisrad

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

I like the whispering idea. ^_^

<3

EnderDude
  • Minecraft: keve321

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

Maybe they just walk around and not making any sounds except walking sounds . and when you look at them they start to whisper louder and louder and when they teleport or attack you they sort of scream.

opinions?
Posted Image

DanCantan
  • Minecraft: DanCantan

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:48 PM

I think that they should just make noises when stared at, like some distant whispers and such, but that's just me.
Posted Image

Stoup
    Stoup

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Members
  • 1705 posts
  • Minecraft: Stoup

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

Well during the PAX demo they made zombie sounds, which greatly irritated me to hear. I know they're not going to keep it that way, but hearing the sounds recycled just made me twitch a little :P

McGlerick

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:57 PM

When there are some nearby, you should hear a deep and creepy 'breathing out' sound. As soon as you look at them, you shouldn't hear them breath anymore. There should be a deadly silence. That's right. And when they attack, they should make another, more aggressive sound.

Capite
    Capite

Carpenter

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

Take a tape recorder to a psych ward, let it run for 30 minutes or so, there you have it! Enderman soooundddss.

C_akso
    C_akso

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:32 PM

Distant whispers, when crosshaired dead silence, and when its attacking it should be like a screech or scream like some have said.

FakeLwr
    FakeLwr

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Minecraft: Fakelwr
  • Xbox:ILVIPFakelwr

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:44 PM

when you look at them, you hear a cave sound. then when u attack them or they tele behind u they make some creepy aggressive sound. like heavy breathing or something. maybe a ghast sound. idk.
Please click this. Don't worry, it's not a screamer or any crap like that.
  Posted Image