• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Warning: Perhaps a server is already running on this port?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

27BronxBombers

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:55 PM

I run my own private server from my laptop for a couple of friends and I. The server is port forwarded correctly and my friends have no problem connecting. Only a few minutes ago, I went to start up the server from my Mac. I opened Terminal, dragged server file in, and pasted the run code, java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui. This works every time, except for now. I had this problem before but I easily fixed it. I entered the server.properties and removed the ip address from in there. No more problem. Its not there now. When I paste the run code, I get this:
12:54:40 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.7.3
12:54:40 [INFO] Loading properties
12:54:40 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
12:54:40 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
12:54:40 [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
12:54:40 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?

Could anyone help me solve this problem? I don't know what to do now. I checked the port forward and its still enabled and working. Thanks in advance.
Killion Detention Center A-Guard

Register or log in to remove.

Mario9dragon

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

Lots of servers are running that port.  :iapprove:
Posted Image

nivangerow

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

Do you have 2 servers running at the same time? Try to quit terminal completely and try again. Or do you have 2 servers in your home network?

JaffaHunter
  • Minecraft: ryanoshy

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:58 PM

Try Using A different server port. This means that in server properties change it from 25565 to somthing else e.g. 7654 And then portforward again using that port.
Hope this helps.
If I helped you, please click the green + in the bottom right corner ! Thanks!
Posted Image

Muny
    Muny

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1688 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

Were you hosting the other server on another computer? If so you would have to re-portforward for the IP that your mac uses.

Posted Image

jonnyboyjr

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:00 PM

IOt happens to me a lot. What I do to fix it is see if there is any other places or routers I have run my server. Because if you take your laptop to a friends house and turn the server on there then it will not work because it is already port forwarded somewhere else.
What I do is I restart my computer and then normally if I have another server runnning it works or I turn off the port forwarding everywhere and then turn it back on.4
Hope this mumble jumble helps. :D

canned_bread
  • Minecraft: canned_bread

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:01 PM

I had the same problem with my server, who i host with craftnode and i sent them a ticket and this is what they said.

Basically what this means is you have a broken plugin on your server causing an infinite loop, hence crashing the server and ghosting it out of GameCP's control. The only way to fix this is to find out which plugin is causing it (by disabling each plugin one by one) and then fixing or removing it. Here's a list of SOME plugins that COULD be causing it.

BigBrother, Permissions, mcmmo, WorldEdit, LogBlock, DataLog

After i deleted WorldEdit, as in the log said it was out of date, the server would restart fine and works great now, and after downloading the newest version of WorldEdit that works as well.

Hope this help :)
Posted Image
Thanks to Btrpo ( http://www.minecraft...r/894578-btrpo/ )  for making be this.

27BronxBombers

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

View PostRyanosaurus, on 28 August 2011 - 04:58 PM, said:

Try Using A different server port. This means that in server properties change it from 25565 to somthing else e.g. 7654 And then portforward again using that port.
Hope this helps.
So in the port forward page I would type 7654 to 7654? I'm trying a computer restart now to see if that helps. I don't think it's a plugin because I removed a plugin that I installed earlier to no avail.

canned_bread
  • Minecraft: canned_bread

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:08 PM

View Post27BronxBombers, on 28 August 2011 - 07:55 PM, said:

So in the port forward page I would type 7654 to 7654? I'm trying a computer restart now to see if that helps. I don't think it's a plugin because I removed a plugin that I installed earlier to no avail.

It could still be a plugin as i had the world edit plugin installed and working for more then a week before it died, And crashed the server.
Posted Image
Thanks to Btrpo ( http://www.minecraft...r/894578-btrpo/ )  for making be this.

EpicMetaKnight

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:45 PM

Usually a change of ports will help, maybe a computer restart if you haven't yet.

27BronxBombers

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:19 PM

Fortunately the computer restart worked. Thanks for your tips guys

Jgeil98
    Jgeil98

Carpenter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Minecraft: Jgeil98

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:40 AM

I have the same problem. I'll try again and see if the restart helps!
"You have enemies? Good, that means you have done something with your life!"

Zeinh
    Zeinh

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

Check ur External Ip Address Mine Changed When i got this problem :/
U know the rest i think..