• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

HorrorMod - Inspired by Amnesia and Psychological Horror!

• Please log in to reply
388 replies to this topic

Abengoshis

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:19 PM

I've been working recently on a mod I intend to release with an adventure map.

This mod includes sanity, and mobs which react to what YOU do, such as whether you're looking at them, whether your sanity is low, and what light level you're in.

SO FAR (but still working on)
// = Amnesia component.
  • //Tinder
  • //Laudanum
  • //Lightable torches
  • //Suitor
  • //Water Horror
  • //Gatherer|Grunt & Brute
  • 087-1
  • Ghrosst
  • //Darkness residue
  • //Screen effects

TO ADD
  • Mob sounds
  • Ambient sounds (e.g. music)
  • ...and more ideas will come to me as I work on the mod...

Sorry for the quality, my recording software sucks. :)

Ideas and criticism are completely welcome.

Yes. I'm INCREDIBLY INVENTIVE with the name, right? xD
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

AstroGnome
  • Minecraft: astrognome

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:22 PM

cool idea. you could call it minesia

Abengoshis

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

View PostAstroGnome, on 25 August 2011 - 11:22 PM, said:

cool idea. you could call it minesia

I COULD, and I DID think of that, along with aMINEsia (but people would probably just think I'm spelling it wrongly...) and Minecraftesia, but that just sounds like a place. Howwwwever they're even less inventive than Scaremod. xD Just take half of two words and stick 'em together...I'd rather not.
Posted Image

Konata Izumi

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:26 PM

I like it. It would be funny if notch ever put that in the real game maybe for easter or something but i will surely try this mod once it's finished. How about grunts and Brutes?

Pencilbox
  • Minecraft: Pencilbox

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:27 PM

Oh gosh. <3 This looks great so far, the water monster has me very impressed! I'll be sure to keep tabs on this mod. ;)

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

wittenkwirk
  • Minecraft: wittenkwirk

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:28 PM

This looks awesome so far. I've never played Amnesia because I'm a wuss, but I have been watching some of the gameplay videos, which freak me out enough as it is  :rolleyes: I'm guessing you're going to disable the recipes for swords? Is it possible to prevent the player from being able to hit the monsters?
Posted Image

Crackerblk

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:29 PM

Magic. Very cool idea

Posted Image

Abengoshis

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:32 PM

View PostKonata Izumi, on 25 August 2011 - 11:26 PM, said:

I like it. It would be funny if notch ever put that in the real game maybe for easter or something but i will surely try this mod once it's finished. How about grunts and Brutes?

Haha, I'd be really annoyed too given how much I worked on this. xD. The Gatherers (grunts) I'm working on too. I've put one video up about him, and the problem I'm having coding him. :P

View PostPencilbox, on 25 August 2011 - 11:27 PM, said:

Oh gosh. <3 This looks great so far, the water monster has me very impressed! I'll be sure to keep tabs on this mod. ;)

Thanks!

View Postwittenkwirk, on 25 August 2011 - 11:28 PM, said:

This looks awesome so far. I've never played Amnesia because I'm a wuss, but I have been watching some of the gameplay videos, which freak me out enough as it is  :rolleyes: I'm guessing you're going to disable the recipes for swords? Is it possible to prevent the player from being able to hit the monsters?

Lol, I play it for a few hours every night...any more and I might just die of fright. It's a REALLY scary game, especially if you play it at midnight with all your lights off on your own with earphones in. xD
I'm going to try to make the monsters invincible. At the moment if you punch the monsters you get hurt a LOT as soon as you punch it.
Posted Image

Critagon
    Critagon

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Minecraft: Critagon

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:35 PM

This is looking very nice! Keeping watch on this post.

Also a suggestion about adding a new torch mechanic that lights up when you hold a torch, or a lantern?
Wandering Black Samurai
Posted Image

Abengoshis

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:37 PM

View PostCritagon, on 25 August 2011 - 11:35 PM, said:

This looking very nice! Keeping watch on this post.

Also a suggestion about adding a new torch mechanic that lights up when you hold a torch, or a lantern?

I might direct people to the dynamic lights mod, but if I get time I'll try doing that myself. The problem with dynamic lighting is that, when I used to use it ages ago, it made the game very unstable, I'm assuming because of the lighting updates that had to keep happening. :)

However if I DO get it done, I will make a lantern and oil. I COULD make unlit torches which you have to use tinderboxes on... :)

At the moment I'd really like to finish the mobs first. They're the main part of the mod, and will provide most of the experience. xD
Posted Image

Decman1717

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:14 AM

Great job so far! It would be awesome if this got so big it became a standalone Mod Wiht an Installer like Adventurecraft. Cant wait to play.
Posted Image

Abengoshis

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:24 AM

View PostDecman1717, on 26 August 2011 - 12:14 AM, said:

Great job so far! It would be awesome if this got so big it became a standalone Mod Wiht an Installer like Adventurecraft. Cant wait to play.

Haha, I don't think I'll get THAT far.

Only time will tell. :P
Posted Image

Decman1717

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:37 AM

View PostAbengoshis, on 26 August 2011 - 12:24 AM, said:

Haha, I don't think I'll get THAT far.

Only time will tell. :P
If your ever interested in forming a team, Ill probably join the team. But i have a project im working on currently.
Posted Image

Abengoshis

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:49 AM

View PostDecman1717, on 26 August 2011 - 12:37 AM, said:

If your ever interested in forming a team, Ill probably join the team. But i have a project im working on currently.

I prefer working alone, that way I know exactly what is going on, but if I need it then sure, lol.
Posted Image

firewall245
  • Minecraft: firewall200

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:53 AM

I think this is cool.How bout when the water monster is coming you play the jaws music :P
Posted Image

CRoDHosting
  • Minecraft: ianm56

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:00 AM

Nice idea I would add some sort of sanity bar as well.
Posted Image

Stonecycle
  • Minecraft: Stonecycle

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:28 AM

Those waters sure do look dangerous. Once this gets released, will there be an individual mod for just that "mob?" What exactly would be their spawning rate (Every body of water or just in some?)?
All these pony-based signatures aren't going to win these people any respect.

Abengoshis

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:25 AM

View PostStonecycle, on 26 August 2011 - 01:28 AM, said:

Those waters sure do look dangerous. Once this gets released, will there be an individual mod for just that "mob?" What exactly would be their spawning rate (Every body of water or just in some?)?

If people request it I'll make a gui where you can choose which mob you want to spawn. That's also if I get time and/or can be bothered.

The spawn rate is one in quite a large radius, and obviously only in water. They also kill squid at the moment since I have problems in my map of squid spawning wherever there's water, and I don't want to stop squid spawning totally. You could always take a boat in the water. ;)
Posted Image

wodger123

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:10 PM

View PostCRoDHosting, on 26 August 2011 - 01:00 AM, said:

Nice idea I would add some sort of sanity bar as well.
yeh, and you would have to find Torches like the tinderboxes and stay in the light for as long as possible.
Diggy, Diggy, Hole.

svento1
    svento1

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Minecraft: svento1

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

Looks nice man!:)

Btw can you add like an handheld lantern? Maybe it's to hard codeing i dunno (I am a beginner at codeing)
Posted Image