• Please log in to reply
1592 replies to this topic

Neodymius
    Neodymius

No-Fun-Min

• Retired Staff
  • 1268 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:02 PM

Please use this thread to discuss The Endermen and your general thoughts on them. Threads about specific features of the enderman (For example, the teleporting ability, potential drops, etc.) will not be closed (Unless of course there are already threads discussing that feature).

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

TheMVSGamer
  • Minecraft: TheMVSGamer

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

The Endermen. Cannot wait for them. One question though, does anyone know whether Endermen can move blocks that you've placed? I'll be really annoyed if I have Endermen taking chunks out of my builds.

Posted Image

Cassie
    Cassie

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1367 posts
  • Minecraft: Cassisrad

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:17 PM

View PostTheMVSGamer, on 22 August 2011 - 02:12 PM, said:

The Endermen. Cannot wait for them. One question though, does anyone know whether Endermen can move blocks that you've placed? I'll be really annoyed if I have Endermen taking chunks out of my builds.
I'm assuming it can only move world generated and not user-placed.

Anyway.

I'm really excited for it, but I already know this is going to be my new least favorite mob.
Just the fact is literally runs towards you and gets all up in your face is enough to make me freaked out. >_<

<3

Kwickgamer
  • Minecraft: Kwickgamer

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:20 PM

Hey, did anyone notice that the zombie has arrows sticking out of its back? Maybe arrows won't dissapear when they hit a mob anymore.

On topic though:

Endermen are baddasses.
Posted Image

stoffangadd
  • Minecraft: stoffangadd

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

i dont hope Endermans could like make a hole in your house and walk in  :unsure: and they are taking your diamonds in your chests  :Diamond:  :chestfront:
Christoffer Gadd[font="<font><font style="background-color: rgb(230, 236, 249); color: rgb(0, 0, 0); ">Franklin Gothic Medium</font></font>"][/font]

DieHollenhund
  • Minecraft: you can get me one :D

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:39 PM

View PostKwickgamer, on 22 August 2011 - 02:20 PM, said:

Hey, did anyone notice that the zombie has arrows sticking out of its back? Maybe arrows won't dissapear when they hit a mob anymore.

On topic though:

Endermen are baddasses.

lol that be cool? add trackers? XDD
Posted Image

skullkid974
  • Minecraft: skullkid974

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:59 PM

endermen are cool but will they be able to come out of mob spawners?
The four horsemen of the Apocalypse. Conquest, War, Famine and Death. Though i come last i am always there. I am the most feared. I am the end of all. I am Death. I'm a brony and I approve this signature. /)^3^(\
click dis link to help me get steam money? http://steam-wallet....x.php?id=188655 pwease?

CptF0RD02134

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:05 PM

i wonder if they are going to live in the npc villages or if they are going to be wandering.

overall, cant wait to see it in minecraft!

TheMVSGamer

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:12 PM

View PostCassie, on 22 August 2011 - 02:17 PM, said:

I'm assuming it can only move world generated and not user-placed.
I hope so. I don't want to find missing chunks of my hellsgates :/

Posted Image

Developer
  • Minecraft: Developer

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:15 PM

"General "Enderman" Discussion."

Why do people call it "Enderman", it clearly says Endermen.

Posted Image

Zexis
    Zexis

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

View Postdarklordmack, on 22 August 2011 - 03:15 PM, said:

"General "Enderman" Discussion."

Why do people call it "Enderman", it clearly says Endermen.
I think it's fair to assume that "Enderman" is singular while "Endermen" is plural. Same species of mob either way.

Zexis
    Zexis

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:23 PM

Double-post, my bad.

I think it'd be really interesting if Endermen not only moved blocks, but then attempted to build something out of them. Maybe a little dirt hut for the fellow Endermen?

I mean, it seems a little pointless to have a mob that just picks up dirt...and puts down dirt. If there was some method to the madness, some sort of objective that these dark creatures could have, that would certainly be cool.

TacoStone
  • Minecraft: TacoStone

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:24 PM

We still have no idea what this mob will be like yet, in fact we cant guarentee anything until release,, for all we know it could be passive when it comes out, it might not even come in 1.8, as i said we have no idea until 1.8 actuly comes out

We can speculate and complain about what thay do, we might have an idea about it, but nothing is confirmed yet. So please dont complain about them wreacking your buildings, beacause you dont know that thay will until 1.8

Thay might even help you build stuff for all I know, anything is possible

View PostTacoStone, on 19 January 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

something completly random, probobly consisting of the word epic at least one. Examples, "Epicness in a can" "Wall o' epic" "Epic episode III, the return of Epic" etc.

Cassie
    Cassie

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1367 posts
  • Minecraft: Cassisrad

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:25 PM

Good point.

<3

DieHollenhund
  • Minecraft: you can get me one :D

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:44 PM

View PostCassie, on 22 August 2011 - 03:25 PM, said:

Good point.
;) your a good point
Posted Image

hasstedt
    hasstedt

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Minecraft: hasstedt

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:07 PM

On topic though:

Endermen are baddasses.

i read somewhere that they're modifying bows and arrows, like you can charge up your bow and change how far it shoots, and i'm pretty sure it said arrows won't disappear when they hit mobs. but i'm not 100% on that.

TheMVSGamer

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:25 PM

Yay my last post until tomorrow unless I get 2 more approved D:

Either way, supporting what Zexis said, Enderman is clearly the term for a single mob (considering you'd call me a 'man' rather than a 'men').

I'm quite interested to see if they actually do build things and how they'll react if you destroy their builds.

Endermen dungeons would be quite scary I imagine. They'd also probably be rare double sized dungeons with two spawners (given their size) but to be fair, I don't expect Endermen dungeons to pop up given that they are supposed to be neutral mobs. I mean, we don't have wolf or zombie pigmen dungeons.

Posted Image

Mystify
    Mystify

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4899 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:32 PM

What amuses me is that they are practically identical to my brother's skin. He has been using a completely black skin with white eyes for months, and its a dead ringer for the endermen apart from the proportions.

llamallord21

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:06 PM

On topic though:

Endermen are baddasses.

It has actually been confirmed that arrows stick to mobs.
I bet you'd see it on this list:
http://www.minecraft...coming_features

View PostZexis, on 22 August 2011 - 03:23 PM, said:

Double-post, my bad.

I think it'd be really interesting if Endermen not only moved blocks, but then attempted to build something out of them. Maybe a little dirt hut for the fellow Endermen?

I mean, it seems a little pointless to have a mob that just picks up dirt...and puts down dirt. If there was some method to the madness, some sort of objective that these dark creatures could have, that would certainly be cool.

I also think it would be cool if they would attempt to build something, though i don't think a house would suit them. Seeing as that they will not always be around, i think it would be nice if they built scary stuff... (whatever that means!), or perhaps if they would dig you a little grave and put all your stuff in it after they kill you :(
I like that idea....

vurunan
    vurunan

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Minecraft: Same as here

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

View Postskullkid974, on 22 August 2011 - 02:59 PM, said:

endermen are cool but will they be able to come out of mob spawners?

I think enderman spawners will be only via inventory editing since its almost a passive mob
Posted Image