• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

★★★[Parkour] Around the Hills[3500+ Dl's] Ver. 1.0[Collectables]★★★

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

Poll: ★★★[Parkour] Around the Hills[3500+ Dl's] Ver. 1.0[Collectables]★★★ (76 member(s) have cast votes)

How was the map?

1. 5/5 Awesome (40 votes [52.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

2. 4/5 Really Good (13 votes [17.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.11%

3. 3/5 Good (10 votes [13.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.16%

4. 2/5 Bad (1 votes [1.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.32%

5. 1/5 Crap (5 votes [6.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.58%

6. 0/5 I can't even rate it, it's Impossible!(No it ain't) (7 votes [9.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Symphonym

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

Around the hills
Posted Image
90% chance of ragequitting
Hardest parkour there is
The first jump is possible

Please leave a commment/post

Hello Everyone!
In this Parkour Puzzle map it's almost all about getting higher. Timed Piston events, ladder jumping between great heights, everything can and will make you get heigher and further across the map. Use Water, Pistons, Ladders, Doors, Trapdoors, Stairs, Bookcases and more to reach new heights and conquer the Hills and Houses, Around the Hills of Minecraft.

Map Reviews/Feedback:

Long Review:

Spoiler:

Long Review:
Spoiler:

Long Review:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Map Info:
Name: Around the Hills
Creator: Symphonym
Category: Mostly Parkour, but some Puzzle/Thinking parts.
Playtime: Really depends on the player, but say between2 and 3 hours.
Other Info: I'm adding more bonus content every now and then, more hidden stuff that is.

Brag Stuff:
- The map is completely hand made, well, the world is random generated. The only "cheat" i've used is the default /give commands. I haven't used any map editing program or such.
- On many places you will probably think, "This is impossible, probably just a glitch, i'll skip this part".I've been testing every part of the map several times, and everything is possible, just if you're doing it right.
- I've created a big wall, and it's supposed to be pretty much impossible to climb, just so the "pro" players will have something to do :)

3 Pumpkin heads are hidden

in 3 chests in the City of Gold.

Who will find them first?

The GOLD & IRON Block System
Around the map there are chests placed, that can contain either Gold Blocks or Iron Blocks. The chests can be inside the Buildings that's placed all over the map, or near the "Main parkour path". If you see a house on the other side of the fence, you have to make your way there by the "Main parkour path" before you can check the houses, and not climb the fences. You are allowed to climb fences that work as decoration near the houses.
Gold Blocks = 10 points
Iron Blocks = 2 points.

Rules:

• Do NOT break any blocks.
  • Do NOT place any blocks.
  • No Mods/Cheats or whatever.
  • It IS possible to do without sprinting..so to challenge yourself, try to keep sprinting to a minimum :)
  • Play on Peaceful, you need health regen.
  • If you find anything on the ground, like a pickaxe. Don't use it, as i haven't use any fly cheats or so.. i've died maaany times, and that's the remains.
  • If you find a lever in a chest or similar, you are allowed to place it, but only within the area where you found it.
  • Ragequitting is allowed.
  • Wool blocks shows the way.
  • Redstone torches shows checkpoints.
  • Don't climb fences, they often seperate 2 checkpoint zones.
  • If you die, which is possible, try to find your way back to where you was, climbing fences is at this point allowed.
  • The spawnpoint is abit away, but just follow the wooden poles with torches on to find the start.
  • GIVE FEEDBACK >:0

Versions:
 - Version 0.1  First Version
 - Version 0.2 Fixed a missing ladder, some polishing, helpfull signs, started building more(not done)
 - Version 0.3 Finished "The Wall", more content, more torches, some polishing.
 - Version 0.4 Implemented The Gold & Iron Blocks System, made the water under the water part alot deeper, skip button on first jump, Bonus houses around the map containing parkour challanges and apples
 - Version 0.5 Added more Gold & Iron Blocks, finished the two big towers, built more houses with apples, built a well, build more content at the "main parkour path", built a minecart rail, added stones on everything to make their roof look stylish. And some other stuff.
 - Version 0.6 Added more Iron & Gold Blocks, More houses(With redstone circuits :o), Skip lever at the first piston event. Added more content at the "Main Parkour Path", some bugfixes etc.
 - Version 0.7 Added more Iron(Around 15 more) & Gold(4 more) Blocks, added tons of alternate routes, easy alternatives when it gets too hard, added skip levers at some challenges, or help levers. 
 - Version 1.0 Added "City of Gold" , Added more Iron(Around 60 more) & Gold(Around 15 more) Blocks. Added 3 Pumpkin heads hidden in chests ultra rare and hidden. Bug fixes n loads of stuff. Biggest update.

Banner:
If you'd like to help me by giving my map publicity, then please copy this into your signature.
[center][url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/562703-%E2%98%85%E2%98%85%E2%98%85parkour-around-the-hills2-player-friendly-ver-05collectables%E2%98%85%E2%98%85%E2%98%85/page__p__7428824#entry7428824"][IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/15ea4ok.png[/IMG][/url][/center]

Posted Image

Download:

Please Report any bugs that you find

- Current Version(.Rar file): Version 1.0 (Skip-Ad button up the top right corner)
- Current Version(.Zip file): Version 1.0 (Skip-Ad button up the top right corner)

How to install:
Windows(Singeplayer):
1) Download the Map from one of the links above.
2) Put the .zip/.rar file on your desktop (or somewhere where you can easily find it again.)
3) Press Start, and type in %appdata%. Click into Roaming. *XP - Press Start, Run, then %appdata%. Click into Roaming.
4) Go into .minecraft/saves.
5) Unzip the Around the Hills folder (already done) and place the unzipped folder into the saves folder.
6) Play and Enjoy!

Mac(Singleplayer):
2) Put the .zip/.rar file on your desktop (or somewhere where you can easily find it again.)
3) Go into: Finder/Application Support/minecraft/saves.
4) Unzip the From Around the Hills folder (already done) and place the unzipped folder into the saves folder.
5) Play and Enjoy!

Multiplayer/Server:
3) Go into your minecraft server directory.
4) Rename the current world folder with something relevant to that map. e.g if it has a Castle, rename it Castle.
5) Paste the Around the Hills folder into the minecraft server directory.
6) Rename the folder to world name, or rename the server name to the folder name.
7) Run the Server and Play!

Videos:
Spoiler:

Long Playthrough, 8 Parts(These videos was made on an eariler version of my map)
Spoiler:

Playthrough, 2 parts(Not the whole map)(These videos was made on an eariler version of my map)
Spoiler:

Screenshots(What you want to see):

Texture pack used: "Coterie Craft"  ,credits to the maker of that.

The map is both underground and above earth, and up the clouds.

Version 0.8
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks to everyone who has downloaded my map

Posted Image
Made the Signature by myself.

Register or log in to remove.

Symphonym

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:05 PM

Bump :/

Posted Image

Duranian
    Duranian

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:59 PM

i have played abit of the map, and i must say i am dully impressed, needs some polishing as mentioned, but its a nice challenge to do with friend or alone, thumbs up from me +1

Duranian
    Duranian

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

View PostDuranian, on 19 August 2011 - 07:59 PM, said:

i have played abit of the map, and i must say i am dully impressed, needs some polishing as mentioned, but its a nice challenge to do with friend or alone, thumbs up from me +1
id give it 8.5/10, cus it was to hard for meh

Symphonym

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:45 AM

Bump, 7 downloads :o Please reply guys and say what you think about the map, and if you want me to continue on it or not.

Posted Image

Wobitum
    Wobitum

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:11 AM

I have been playing this map for a while now, it's really hard, but very nice made. I'm down underground now at these timed piston parts, really nice made and very entertaining. Overall, a great Parkour map, lots of content. Keep on working mate, 4/5

PixelRunner

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:23 AM

im download it right now and give it a try

CyberDemonWolf

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:04 PM

"90% chance of ragequitting"I agree
Good use for pistons and trapdoors but hard as fuck
good map
you get +1
Posted Image

Wobitum
    Wobitum

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:39 PM

So, are you going to keep on building on the map or are you finished?
Edit: Oh, nvm. I just played the new version and saw that you have work in progress, i'll be waiting for the next versions to come :)

Symphonym

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:00 AM

Post updated with video, thanks to xPixelAlien for that. I'll soon be releasing version 0.3, including more content.

Posted Image

Symphonym

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:41 AM

95 downloads so far, please guys, place a review or a comment on the thread, to let me know what you think about the map,
Thanks in advance, Symphonym

Posted Image

Symphonym

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:49 AM

Update 0.3 is now done, more content has arrived, please report bugs or any other glitches. Enjoy!
/Symphonym

Posted Image

Symphonym

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:22 AM

I'm thinking of building some down the nether, but i still don't really know what all of you guys think. Feedback, i want to know what you think about the map :)
/Symphonym

Posted Image

Symphonym

Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:22 PM

Bump, could someone please give some feedback?

Posted Image

Symphonym

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:24 PM

I'm currently working some on the story of the map, though it will probably take a while until i implement it on the playable map. I need some help from friends with the story aswell.

Posted Image

Symphonym

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

Still no feedback posted on the thread, Bump.

Posted Image

ThePatEmpire
    ThePatEmpire

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:33 PM

Awesome map! Insanely difficult but amazing nonetheless! =D
I Make Minecraft Videos? SAY WHA-?
www.youtube.com/thepatempire

CollinBFH

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:46 PM

This is one of the coolest maps I ever played so far!
Sometimes its really hard but I enjoyed it really much!
You guys all should try it out!

Symphonym

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:29 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys! And ThePatEmpire, Thanks for the great video :)

Posted Image

xPixelAlien
  • Minecraft: Joshblake

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:25 PM

Loved the map!! im a terrible jumper in Minecraft lol so it took me over one hour!! Legit,
Posted Image