• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.2] The Twilight Forest (v2.0.3: Updated to Minecraft 1.7)

smp dimension monster animals terrain aesthetic ssp forge 1.6.4 1.7.2

• Please log in to reply
8443 replies to this topic

Kye_Duo
    Kye_Duo

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1376 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

View PostHageri, on 12 June 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

Spoiler:
Posted Image
1. spoiler tags
2. simple ID conflict, change the ID for either one of the conflicting blocks, you may have to repeat this with any other blocks

Register or log in to remove.

Symage
    Symage

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Minecraft: hageri

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

View PostKye_Duo, on 12 June 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

1. spoiler tags
2. simple ID conflict, change the ID for either one of the conflicting blocks, you may have to repeat this with any other blocks
Ok, sorry i'm new on the forums :P
How do I change the IDs and how do I know which blocks make conflicts?

1.7 RULES!

Symage
    Symage

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostHageri, on 12 June 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

Ok, sorry i'm new on the forums Posted Image

Uhh
guys?

1.7 RULES!

Elrod
    Elrod

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

View PostBenimatic, on 10 June 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:

--snip--

It might not.  The "trick" the mining tree uses is checking the internal, untranslated name for the block for the word "ore".  There's no particular other way to find what blocks are ore or not in the code that I've thought of.

Would it be reasonably possible to add a config option to specify additional block IDs for just such an occasion?

Symage
    Symage

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostElrod, on 12 June 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

Would it be reasonably possible to add a config option to specify additional block IDs for just such an occasion?
I changed the id (I put two 0 behind the id of the items and minecraft still crashes D:

1.7 RULES!

Elrod
    Elrod

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostHageri, on 12 June 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

I changed the id (I put two 0 behind the id of the items and minecraft still crashes D:

I think you quoted the wrong post ;-) In any case, depending on what value you started with, adding two zeros may have resulted in a number that is out of the valid range. From what I understand, any item that can be placed in the world must have an ID < 4095. There's more to it than that, but that's at least a starting point. Was it the same ID crash, or a different error ... or perhaps another item has a conflicting ID...

Symage
    Symage

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

View PostElrod, on 12 June 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

I think you quoted the wrong post ;-) In any case, depending on what value you started with, adding two zeros may have resulted in a number that is out of the valid range. From what I understand, any item that can be placed in the world must have an ID < 4095. There's more to it than that, but that's at least a starting point. Was it the same ID crash, or a different error ... or perhaps another item has a conflicting ID...

I deleted the mod from the mod file, installed it again, put a 0 behind every ID and this is what i get:
(Sorry, I don't know how to put spoilers around a text)
Minecraft has crashed!
  ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Failed to start game

A full error report has been saved to C:\Users\Becker\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2013-06-13_15.45.28-client.txt - Please include a copy of that file (Not this screen!) if you report this crash to anyone; without it, they will not be able to help fix the crash :(

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT f100c227 --------
Full report at:
C:\Users\Becker\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2013-06-13_15.45.28-client.txt
Please show that file to Mojang, NOT just this screen!

Generated 13.06.13 15:45

-- System Details --
Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.5.2
    Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
    Java Version: 1.6.0_24, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    Memory: 341393360 bytes (325 MB) / 648740864 bytes (618 MB) up to 954466304 bytes (910 MB)
    JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
    AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    FML: MCP v7.51 FML v5.2.2.684 Minecraft Forge 7.8.0.684 5 mods loaded, 5 mods active
    mcp{7.44} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    FML{5.2.2.684} [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    Forge{7.8.0.684} [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    mod_TooManyItems{1.5.2 2013-04-25} [mod_TooManyItems] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    TwilightForest{1.18.1} [The Twilight Forest] (twilightforest-1.18.1.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: GeForce GT 520/PCIe/SSE2 GL version 4.3.0, NVIDIA Corporation
    Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
    Type: Client (map_client.txt)
    Texture Pack: Default
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 130000
    at net.minecraftforge.common.Configuration.getBlockInternal(Configuration.java:145)
    at net.minecraftforge.common.Configuration.getBlock(Configuration.java:119)
    at net.minecraftforge.common.Configuration.getBlock(Configuration.java:116)
    at twilightforest.TwilightForestMod.loadConfiguration(TwilightForestMod.java:580)
    at twilightforest.TwilightForestMod.preInit(TwilightForestMod.java:277)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:494)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:314)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:165)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:314)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:98)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:514)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:160)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:410)
    at net.minecraft.client.MinecraftAppletImpl.func_71384_a(SourceFile:56)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:732)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT 2022fffe ----------

1.7 RULES!

jnoshima
    jnoshima

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostHageri, on 13 June 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

I deleted the mod from the mod file, installed it again, put a 0 behind every ID and this is what i get:
(Sorry, I don't know how to put spoilers around a text)

spoiler tags are
 [spoiler] Your text here [/spoiler] 

and it's not a good idea to just put a 0 in
they have to be below a certain number (4095 apparently)
but id's for the ground and filler blocks have to be below 256
I'm not sure if TF uses custom ground and filler blocks, but it's something to be aware of anyway

so if a block exceeds 4095 it'll throw back and error
and I'm not sure what happens if a ground block exceeds 256, it'll either throw back an error or just not generate

for ID conflicts, you've just gotta find a block ID that's below 4095 but isn't already taken... which can take a bit of time, especially if you've got a lot of mods installed at once

stefani2001

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:56 PM

Xd looks nice to me :)

Elrod
    Elrod

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

View Postjnoshima, on 13 June 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

spoiler tags are

I'm not sure if TF uses custom ground and filler blocks, but it's something to be aware of anyway

and I'm not sure what happens if a ground block exceeds 256, it'll either throw back an error or just not generate

for ID conflicts, you've just gotta find a block ID that's below 4095 but isn't already taken... which can take a bit of time, especially if you've got a lot of mods installed at once

Not everything needs to be below 4095 ... just items that can be placed in world. Items used for crafting steps, tools, armor can have numbers up to I believe 32767. That said, the 130000 in your error is most certainly out of the acceptable range. Rather than adding a zero to the end, try adding 100 to each conflicting number. It might take a few tries, depending upon how many other mods you have. NEI has tools to help with this, though I'm not experienced with them myself. I'll be the first to admit that resolving ID conflicts is not a fun task.

Kye_Duo
    Kye_Duo

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1376 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

View PostHageri, on 12 June 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

Ok, sorry i'm new on the forums Posted Image
it is in the error log, look back at your log and it will say "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 133 is already occupied by net.minecraft.block.BlockOreStorage@404fe94c when adding twilightforest.block.BlockTFLog@3e5d9d90"
or something like that, the bolded part is the conflicting block.
you will have to change the TF block because I think that is a stock block it is conflicting with.
and like others have said above, there is a range for blocks, 1-4095 or so.
First just try deleting your TF config file and see if you get any more ID conflicts as that block ID most likely got changed by default when TF was updated to work with MC that added that block. You may have to delete your TF dimension folder in any old worlds to get it to regen with the right blocks.

Master_Aricitic

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

spoiler tags are

So that's how you show code... I guess this statement is stupid since it is a /code tag... derp

Anyway, I was about to reply with something similar to the following post, but the person beat me to it.

View PostElrod, on 13 June 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

Not everything needs to be below 4095 ... just items that can be placed in world. Items used for crafting steps, tools, armor can have numbers up to I believe 32767. That said, the 130000 in your error is most certainly out of the acceptable range. Rather than adding a zero to the end, try adding 100 to each conflicting number. It might take a few tries, depending upon how many other mods you have. NEI has tools to help with this, though I'm not experienced with them myself. I'll be the first to admit that resolving ID conflicts is not a fun task.

As is stated, you can have terrain generation blocks above 256. That WAS an issue before, but it has been somewhat resolved now. I'm not entirely sure how much it's been resolved, some mods may still produce errors (especially those 'requiring' specific ranges for their IDs, etc), but you get the idea.

Da_Pepa
    Da_Pepa

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Minecraft: Da_Pepa

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:00 AM

Ive been getting a LOT of lag because of this mod but is really great so far I got 2 trophies.  Could someone tell me how could i stop my execive lag?

Benimatic
  • Minecraft: Benimoto

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:29 AM

View PostKingoftheBill, on 11 June 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

I've got a few suggestions to make.
1. The Minoshroom was supposed to be... locked up, right? As in, imprisoned, alone with his thoughts and his treasure. In which case, you should probably do something to prevent this:Posted Image
I have no clue how to change the image size, sorry about that. Basically, three slimes, another minotaur and two bugs spawned in there with it.

Also, maybe include an option to slightly turn down the maze slime spawn rate? Those things are swarming me and lagging my horrible low-end laptop. I turned a corner once and came face to face with three of the largest size.

One more problem: All those treasure rooms in the labrynths. Some are rigged with TNT tripwires... but once, as I was walking on the surface, minding my own business, above a labrynth I hadn't even discovered yet, a mob down below spawned in a treasure room and set off a tripwire, blowing the chest and it's contents to bits (I finally discovered what had happened when I went down and found a room that looked like a blast crater).

Edit: I've mostly cleared out the labrynth and lit the place up, yet every time I turn a corner I'm greeted by sights like this:
Posted Image
On a more positive note, I love what you did with the pincer beetles. Three minotaurs pin me in a corner and a pincer beetle pulls me out.

EDIT: Bug report, an actual bug this time. Every time a wandering Carminite Broodling changes directions, it suddenly faces a specific direction for an instant and then resumes going about it's business. Every time it "flickered" it faced me, but I only got a look from one angle (I'm a fast sniper).
Thanks for your reports!  I like the labyrinths too.  I'm not sure what version of the mod you're using, but I think the issue with the minotaur king's room and the trap rooms having too many extra monsters should be fixed in one of the more recent versions.  There should be new technology to set the spawn list per room, and those rooms should be set to no spawns.

I may have even lowered the maze slime spawn rate, recently although slimes still do seem to have an increased actual spawn rate compared to other monsters, even if their spawn rate weighting is the same.  It seems as though slimes are just more successful at spawning, which has got to be some kind of bug.  Their bounding box is bigger, so logically, they should be less successful.

The ghastling bug is probably client-side only.  It can be remarkably tedious to find just the right point in the AI routine to set animation variables to get creatures to animate correctly.  Sometimes I just give up on minor glitches like that.
Posted Image

Bora1812
    Bora1812

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

View PostBenimatic, on 10 June 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:

It might not.  The "trick" the mining tree uses is checking the internal, untranslated name for the block for the word "ore".  There's no particular other way to find what blocks are ore or not in the code that I've thought of.
Does it pull amber bearing stones infused stones and cinnabars from thaumcraft becouse there arent ore word in them but im not sure with cinnabar's name, cinnabar or cinnabar ore and does it pull a block which has a name like m"ore" stoarge upgrade and sorry for my english

BarX
    BarX

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

Redownloaded the update!

The wiki doesn't have the changelog for v1.18.1. =(

I'm discovering the changes! Haha.
Posted Image

xGhOsTkiLLeRx
  • Minecraft: xGhOsTkiLLeRx

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

Hello,

I'm the author of the Bukkit plugin SilkSpawners. One aim of the plugin is to auto detect new entity IDs and to support mods (achieved with direct modding or with Forge/MCPC+).
One of my users notified me that your mod was not compatible.

I went ahead and found out that you are not registering your mobs with a unique/global entityID!
Therefore SilkSpawners is unable to detect this Posted Image

However, you have a boolean toggle called "creatureCompatibility;".
It would be awesome if you could add this toggle to the TwiligtForest.cfg!

Oh and btw, why don't you let Forge handle the unique ID with:
EntityRegistry.findGlobalUniqueEntityId();

Thanks for reading this and I hope you could do something like that!
Good luck with your mod anyways Posted Image

Have a nice day and cheers,

xGhOsTkiLLeRx

Posted Image

Posted Image
(Bukkit plugins!)

Elrod
    Elrod

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostBora1812, on 14 June 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

Does it pull amber bearing stones infused stones and cinnabars from thaumcraft becouse there arent ore word in them but im not sure with cinnabar's name, cinnabar or cinnabar ore and does it pull a block which has a name like m"ore" stoarge upgrade and sorry for my english

Yes it does pull all the thaumcraft ores, but just as the internal name of the Certus Quartz ore evidently does not contain the word 'ore', even though the display name does, the thaumcraft ores may have the reverse; ie: the internal name does have 'ore', even though the display name does not. (Cinnabar is an 'ore', though) I understand using the internal names, since the display names can change with language translations. I think some sort of end user customization is the only real 'solution', assuming Benimatic even views it as an issue :-)
Even without being able to pull certus quartz, I absolutely love the mining tree. I need to start checking out the other special trees :-)

AlagomSwede

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

Could you put up another download link since it doesn't seem like this one is working? Or maybe it's just adf.ly acting all weird, in which case I guess I'll have to wait it out.

TowerOfGlass

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

Actually, it just looks at the right-most four hexadecimal digits, ignoring higher hex digits. So the terrain block is replaced by a seemingly-random one with an id less than 256.