• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.2] The Twilight Forest (v2.0.3: Updated to Minecraft 1.7)

smp dimension monster animals terrain aesthetic ssp forge 1.6.4 1.7.2

• Please log in to reply
8448 replies to this topic

jnoshima
    jnoshima

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

... If you're having trouble with the Charm of Keeping and using the KeepInventory thing... why don't you just... ya know... not use them together?

For instance, don't pick up or keep the Charm of Keeping in your inventory, or, perhaps, just turn keepinventory off when you pick up the charm of keepings?

Register or log in to remove.

Bonabopn
    Bonabopn

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3161 posts
  • Minecraft: Bonabopn

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

View Postjnoshima, on 25 May 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

If you don't like this bug, why don't you just avoid it?
Solid thinking here.

Also, no-one answered me. Anyone?

View PostBonabopn, on 23 May 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

I have a problem, but unfortunately it's for the 1.4.7 version of TF. I don't want to update until redpower does, sadly, so i can't switch to the latest version. Sorry about that.

Almost everytime i go to the TF my stats/achievements are reset. This isn't much of a problem, but i recently installed millenaire, which uses those stats to progress. I've googled this and i can't find any solution.

I've had the problem in the standard MindCrack modpack, for feed-the-beast.
How can i stop this from resetting my stats?

Master_Aricitic

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

View Postblackrose86, on 25 May 2013 - 01:22 AM, said:

ok, still having the problem. I have enchanting tables and ender dragon eggs spawning in the twilight forest, and now bookshelves and beds cut in half spawning in the nether. which log do I need to post? there's the output-(client/server).log, and the forgemodloaderclient.log, and there's like three different versions of each of them with a number at the end...

and for the Gulliver tiny armor, I just saw that earlier today. but thank you. Posted Image

and is the timber mod working with the trees in this mod yet?
You need to post the ForgeModLoader-client-0.log and you can just copy/paste it between "["spoiler"]" and "[/"spoiler"]" tags so it doesn't take up 300+ lines.

View PostHerochild, on 25 May 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

Minor error message:
Spoiler:
That isn't an error, it's a message from Forge about some mod doing something. An Error message would either say Warning, Severe, or Error.

View PostBonabopn, on 25 May 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

Solid thinking here.

They likely didn't answer you because most people would tell you to update (I feel for you as I'm also still on 1.4.7 for the same reason). For me the stats reset only when the game crashes, but, to be honest, I've never checked beyond the "Achievements" after going into Twilight Forest. If it is occurring without a crash it likely is not caused by Twilight Forest.

Bonabopn
    Bonabopn

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3161 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

View PostMaster_Aricitic, on 25 May 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

If it is occurring without a crash it likely is not caused by Twilight Forest.
Don't be silly, of course it's TF. It doesn't reset when i go to the nether, only the twilight forest. If it only affects TF, how can it not be it's problem?

blackrose86

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:25 PM

http://pastebin.com/2rHHG7as

here's my forge client log _0

Boltman686
  • Minecraft: Boltman686
  • Xbox:B0LTM4N

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

Im whipping up the models now but I was thinking of a large floating clock towers. Ruled by bird People. and The Boss of it is the roc. The legendary giant bird.
Im going to Make the Roc Model but Im also working on The warriors being the Peacock warrior, Flamingo Warrior, The sparrow, The Hawk and The deliverer.

I started on them and i can go into more detail if you want but i dont want to get started on the large work Unless your interested.
Posted Image

ken_cinder

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

View Postjnoshima, on 25 May 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

... If you're having trouble with the Charm of Keeping and using the KeepInventory thing... why don't you just... ya know... not use them together?

For instance, don't pick up or keep the Charm of Keeping in your inventory, or, perhaps, just turn keepinventory off when you pick up the charm of keepings?

Tell that to my 4 young kids...this is on my server, not single player. Didn't try to reproduce in SP, but it certainly happens in SMP.

View PostBenimatic, on 25 May 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

First off, I don't do things because people vote, and second, what are you even voting on?  That I make a mod config option on top of the minecraft config option that does the same thing?  That doesn't even make sense.
No we'd like to see a config option to disable the Charm of Keeping, it doesn't do the same thing, the only items that remained in inventory were what happened to be in-hand, and anything in armor slots, everything else was lost.
There is most certainly a conflict with the two...and I could have swore I saw in your changelog this very same "Bug" was fixed awhile back...

I will note I'm running MCPC+, and it could very well be at fault, I don't know. I think the simple fix would be to simply allow for a config option to disable the charm.
Be nice to hear if the other "+1"s are using the same or not...would help narrow down the issue.

Kye_Duo
    Kye_Duo

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1379 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostBonabopn, on 25 May 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

Solid thinking here.

the answer is you can't without updating unfort. I too am stuck waiting on RP2

Palaster97
  • Minecraft: Palaster97

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:44 PM

I have a error, and I don't know if this is the right place to report bugs, but here I go.  When I create a new world, it tells me it is shutting down the internal server, then crashes. I'm playing this mod with about 55 other mods.

Crash Log
Spoiler:

Kye_Duo
    Kye_Duo

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1379 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:08 AM

View PostPalaster97, on 25 May 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

I have a error, and I don't know if this is the right place to report bugs, but here I go.  When I create a new world, it tells me it is shutting down the internal server, then crashes. I'm playing this mod with about 55 other mods.

Crash Log
Spoiler:
that is an NEI issue not a TF issue. Make sure you got the right version of NEI and all the plugins plus the core as well as make sure you have a compatible version of forge

Palaster97
  • Minecraft: Palaster97

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:20 AM

View PostKye_Duo, on 26 May 2013 - 12:08 AM, said:

that is an NEI issue not a TF issue. Make sure you got the right version of NEI and all the plugins plus the core as well as make sure you have a compatible version of forge
Thank you , I found that NEI Plugins was having a problem with my version of IC2, I guess when I saw EntityTFNaga I thought it was Twilight Forest's problem.

yakushin
    yakushin

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:53 AM

http://pastebin.com/WnLWGjq6

jnoshima
    jnoshima

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:32 AM

View Postken_cinder, on 25 May 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

Tell that to my 4 young kids...this is on my server, not single player. Didn't try to reproduce in SP, but it certainly happens in SMP.

... I don't have a child, so excuse me if this seems stupid but... can't you just tell them "don't pick up charm of keeping" and then say "remember, don't pick up charm of keeping" whenever they play so they don't forget?

Or, if the modder doesn't fix the bug, you could just use "/give @p 137" to get a command block and then use "/clear 28025" and "/clear 28026" in a series of mini circuits around the map that'll delete any charm of keepings as soon as they get picked up (which, tbh, only needs to be around the landmarks, because I believe that's the only place you can get them anyway)... It's a more time consuming approach, sure, but it fixes the problem

Or, as a simpler one, you could just give them stacks and stacks of charm of keepings to begin with, thereby enabling them to always keep their inventory on death so you don't have to use keepinventory. It removes the rarity in the finding of them, but if you've got keepinventory on anyway, well, charm of keepings are worthless, so it doesn't really matter.

View PostBonabopn, on 25 May 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

Don't be silly, of course it's TF. It doesn't reset when i go to the nether, only the twilight forest. If it only affects TF, how can it not be it's problem?

What version of TF are you running? Is it 1.15.4? If not, 1.15.4 is the latest for MC 1.4.7 and the bug might've been fixed by then. I can't see anything relevant to it in the changelog, but I could be missing something. Worth a shot though, right?

Kye_Duo
    Kye_Duo

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1379 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:28 PM

View Postjnoshima, on 26 May 2013 - 04:32 AM, said:

... I don't have a child, so excuse me if this seems stupid but... can't you just tell them "don't pick up charm of keeping" and then say "remember, don't pick up charm of keeping" whenever they play so they don't forget?

Or, if the modder doesn't fix the bug, you could just use "/give @p 137" to get a command block and then use "/clear 28025" and "/clear 28026" in a series of mini circuits around the map that'll delete any charm of keepings as soon as they get picked up (which, tbh, only needs to be around the landmarks, because I believe that's the only place you can get them anyway)... It's a more time consuming approach, sure, but it fixes the problem

Or, as a simpler one, you could just give them stacks and stacks of charm of keepings to begin with, thereby enabling them to always keep their inventory on death so you don't have to use keepinventory. It removes the rarity in the finding of them, but if you've got keepinventory on anyway, well, charm of keepings are worthless, so it doesn't really matter.

What version of TF are you running? Is it 1.15.4? If not, 1.15.4 is the latest for MC 1.4.7 and the bug might've been fixed by then. I can't see anything relevant to it in the changelog, but I could be missing something. Worth a shot though, right?
I have the last version for 1.4.7 and it does reset the achievements when you leave the TF.

Bonabopn
    Bonabopn

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3161 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

View Postjnoshima, on 26 May 2013 - 04:32 AM, said:

Yes, 1.15.4. I already checked it before. :c

Gir7337
    Gir7337

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

can you make it faithful 32x32,and if you don't want to can i? here is a link to its pagePosted Image

http://www.minecraft...obs-saddles-15/

Posted Image

Benimatic
  • Minecraft: Benimoto

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostEmberedOne, on 23 May 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

What a nice mod you have there! (It would be a shame if something happened to it...)
I've used this mod time-after-time, and in my opinion it's one of the best.
I have some suggestions for this mod too.

1. I would like it if wearing the Fiery armor, you can't be damaged by fire
2. I think you should add some Twilight-Forest specific horses for 1.6
3. (not sure if this isn't already in the mod) I would like it if the magic trees would have their own specially colored planks, and stuff like that.
4. I like the moss idea, but I think that when the moss grows over cobblestone, it should turn the cobble into moss stone.
5. There should be some way of obtaining the Lich's fiery scepter thingy.

Just some suggestions, hope ya like 'em.

EmberedOne
Thanks for the suggestions.

1. Something like this has been on my to-do list for a while.  Maybe I should just add the fire protection enchant to it.
2. I haven't played with the horses too much.  I have had ideas for larger, ridable creatures, like a giant boar or a white elk or something.  I'll see.
3. I'm not all that excited about the idea of adding blocks that replicate vanilla blocks, but just look different.  There would have to be a good reason, and I'm not sure planks are there yet.
4. I've also had this idea, but haven't made it a very high priority.  Probably sometime.
5. I'll think about it.

View PostBonabopn, on 25 May 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

I think it is a problem with that older version of Twilight Forest.  At some point, Forge changed it's initialization order, and in that version, I think it loads in the achievement file before the TF achievements have been initialized, doesn't find anything listed under that achievement number, and then does something totally undesirable like wiping out all achievements or something.

Anyways, sort of a combination of not-great programming in Forge or vanilla Minecraft, coupled with my confusion about when I'm supposed to be initializing my achievements.  Apparently not during the initialization phase, but during pre-initialization.

The bug is fixed from version 1.16.2 onwards.  Sorry for your inconvienence.

View PostBoltman686, on 25 May 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

Im whipping up the models now but I was thinking of a large floating clock towers. Ruled by bird People. and The Boss of it is the roc. The legendary giant bird.
Im going to Make the Roc Model but Im also working on The warriors being the Peacock warrior, Flamingo Warrior, The sparrow, The Hawk and The deliverer.

I started on them and i can go into more detail if you want but i dont want to get started on the large work Unless your interested.
Ah, that's what you mean by suggestion.  It sounds fun, but I have a months-long backlog of my own ideas I am working on right now, and so starting on something new like that is impractical at this time.

View Postken_cinder, on 25 May 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

No we'd like to see a config option to disable the Charm of Keeping, it doesn't do the same thing, the only items that remained in inventory were what happened to be in-hand, and anything in armor slots, everything else was lost.
There is most certainly a conflict with the two...and I could have swore I saw in your changelog this very same "Bug" was fixed awhile back...

I will note I'm running MCPC+, and it could very well be at fault, I don't know. I think the simple fix would be to simply allow for a config option to disable the charm.
Be nice to hear if the other "+1"s are using the same or not...would help narrow down the issue.
So I still couldn't reproduce this bug, even under MCPC+.  But, I did notice that MCPC does something unusual.  It seemed like game options were being stored on a per-world basis.  So if you have the keepInventory game rule set in the overworld, it may not necessarily be set in the Twilight Forest world.  This doesn't happen with the vanilla/Forge Minecraft server, only in MCPC+.

Was something like that your problem?  If not, I may need more details.

In either case, I would much rather just fix the bug than add an option to bypass the bug.

Posted Image

Boltman686
  • Minecraft: Boltman686
  • Xbox:B0LTM4N

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Then if you find it interesting how about this. il whip up the models and give em to ya. I wont rush as your working on your own things but il give you models ann what not if your interested later.
Posted Image

Benimatic
  • Minecraft: Benimoto

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

View Postyakushin, on 26 May 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

GemsCraft is doing something strange there that's causing the structure generator to flip out.  Or at least, I think it's GemsCraft.  There's like 4-5 other mods listed as generating stuff in that stack trace.  In any case, some combination of mods there is causing too many chunks to be generated at once.

View PostGir7337, on 26 May 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

can you make it faithful 32x32,and if you don't want to can i? here is a link to its pagePosted Image

http://www.minecraft...obs-saddles-15/
There's support for Twilight Forest for Minecraft 1.4.7 if you look on that page you linked.  It just needs to be updated to the Minecraft 1.5 format.
Posted Image

jnoshima
    jnoshima

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

Hey

So, I'm building an adventure map and I'm using your mod as part of it

I just want to know how you'd like me to direct people to your mod to download it
Would you prefer I just put up a link to this page or can I post your download links to make it easier for people?
(obviously I won't be rehosting anything, just copying your links and pasting them on the page and I'm not making any modpacks or anything like that)