• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.2] The Twilight Forest (v2.0.3: Updated to Minecraft 1.7)

smp dimension monster animals terrain aesthetic ssp forge 1.6.4 1.7.2

• Please log in to reply
8456 replies to this topic

craftminion
  • Minecraft: craftminion

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

Awsome Mod Bro
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Kitnip
    Kitnip

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Hmmm...now why does this version of this mod not work while all the previous ones worked o-o

can anyone help please?

Spoiler: Crash code

Guest_zanderboycherry_*
    Guest_zanderboycherry_*
  • Guests
  • Infractions 

Infractions 0%

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

i found a bug. the bug is that some of the twilight forest spawns in the over world.

mods i already have installed:

brew craft
biomes o plenty
diamond meter
fishing craft
more swords mod
preciouse gems
railcraft
simple ores
steve's carts
utility chest
twilight forest

and here are some pics:

Spoiler:

DeathTheKid
  • Minecraft: DeathTheKid
  • Xbox:PxseJr

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

Awesome mod, really enjoyable! Glad to see all the work in updating and love having adventures with my friends, Thanks!
My YouTube: http://www.youtube.c.../ExtroseGamerAE
If your looking for a good minecraft towny server visit play.hydrahub.net

DeGFeT
    DeGFeT

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Minecraft: DeGFeT

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

Hi all. I have a such a question: "How do I put this mod on bukkit v1.4.7 R1.0"?

I will be very grateful!

P.S. Sory for mistakes in the text (if any), just I'm from Ukraine :)

Fissurous
  • Minecraft: Fissurous

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

Does anyone know how to regenerate the Twilight Forest? I used it around 1.2.5 then stopped using it, but redownloaded recently. However, all the terrain that I generated previously was still there, so I have to travel a considerable distance to generate new features (different Hollow Hill sizes, Hydra, Fire Swamp, etc.). Is there a way to start with a completely new Twilight Forest but I'm still able to keep the items that I've obtained in the Forest in the overworld?

Benimatic
  • Minecraft: Benimoto

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

View PostBobTheBritishSkellie, on 01 February 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

i have just encountered a glitch in the mindcrack feed the beast modpack, in the twilight forrest i had a quarry running and after comming back to it i found the one chunk the quarry was in had regenerated to its original state the quarry and all my chests had gone and even the tree i cut down was back, but nothing else was regenerated at all, there was a very obvious chunk boundry where i had lowered the ground level,

not a clue what caused this to happen but might wanna see if you can identify the problem, its kinda majour

every single time i close tfb down then come back the chunk with the quarry in it regenerates, and this only happened within the twilight forest, maby its somehtng to do wih the fact that its a chunk loader, hope thsi helps
I think the same problem has been reported once before.  I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I haven't played enough Buildcraft to have a good idea of how the quarry works.  I don't know how it stores the quarry information, so I can't even guess what's going wrong.

View PostEliminator, on 01 February 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

You should make it stay with 0 health and you cant use it, then you can repair it in an anvil using flint.
When I made the ore magnet, I wanted it to be a low-to-medium power item.  Making it consumable is part of that balance.

View PostJDeux, on 01 February 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

I just want to report a little incompatibility when having Single Player Commands mod and is that the Charm of Keeping stop working when you have it installed, is not a big deal since I can just disable SPC when playing survival but if you can find an easy fix that would be even better
Strange.  I wonder why.  Thanks for the report.

View Postcraftsmanthe, on 01 February 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

Found a bug:

you go in creative mode, go to the dimension, go to one of the structures, you see nothing there.
You see all the huge/boss structures are there on the magic map but not there for real.
Any solution to fix this?
I can't reproduce this bug.  I'm not sure what you mean by "not there for real."
Posted Image

Benimatic

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

View PostDragonMaster16, on 01 February 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

Found a bug. When you craft the Uncrafting Table, you get an item that is the exact same thing except it's called Unnamed and it's Item ID is 2172:1 instead of just 2172.
Thanks, that should be fixed for the next version.

View PostDragonMaster16, on 01 February 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

Found another Bug. The following achievements don't work.

And Now, To Find The Exit

I Can See For Miles

How Can That Be Worth It? (I Guess)

I'm only guessing that How Can That Be Worth It? doesn't work because it is also a Map Related Achievement. Those seem to have a problem.
Oh, those probably broke when I changed to having blank map items instead of directly crafing maps.  Fixed, thanks.

View PostDragonMaster16, on 01 February 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

Could you make it so that items from other mods that appear in chests appear in chests in the Twilight Forest?
Maybe!  What kind of items?  There's regular dungeon chests in the dimension, those could have items from other mods.

View PostSammyxxy, on 01 February 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

Umm so I was playing some survival and was going really well and then I made a portal and my game crashed, no it was probably not your mods fault but some of my other mods, so I was wondering is there any way I could somehow get out of the portal and return to the overworld? Or could I just delete the twilight forest dimension?, if so, how?
Im sorry if Im annoying but I really dont wanna lose this map
So it crashed so bad you can't even load the game?  You can probably fix it by using a tool like NBTedit on your save to change your dimension back to 0.

View PostCommador823, on 02 February 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

How do I contact Benimatic?  Can anyone help me with this?
It seems like you're in contact right now.
Posted Image

Benimatic

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

View PostKoiyama, on 02 February 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

Spawn eggs, when placed in dispensers, shoot out the ACTUAL spawn egg rather than the mob. This is only happening with the Twilight Forest mob eggs. Is there a way around this?

Edited for clarity.
Looks like a bug!  Maybe I'll try to fix it.

View PostKitnip, on 02 February 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

Hmmm...now why does this version of this mod not work while all the previous ones worked o-o

can anyone help please?

Spoiler: Crash code
It looks like you've got the mod installed incorrectly.

View Postzanderboycherry, on 02 February 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

i found a bug. the bug is that some of the twilight forest spawns in the over world.

mods i already have installed:

brew craft
biomes o plenty
diamond meter
fishing craft
more swords mod
preciouse gems
railcraft
simple ores
steve's carts
utility chest
twilight forest

and here are some pics:

Spoiler:
There is a biome ID conflict with Biomes O' Plenty.  You can edit the biome ids this mod uses in the config file.
Posted Image

Guest_zanderboycherry_*
    Guest_zanderboycherry_*
  • Guests
  • Infractions 

Infractions 0%

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

k thx

DragonMaster16

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

What I'd like to see are the Heart Containers and Pieces of Heart from nohero's More Health Mod. I'll tell you of other mods Items I'd like to see generate in Twilight Forest Chests when I find them.
Forever protecting Hyrule with the power of the Master Sword, DragonMaster16. I support these mods, and I recommend you check them out! Click a Banner to visit their Thread.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest_zanderboycherry_*
    Guest_zanderboycherry_*
  • Guests
  • Infractions 

Infractions 0%

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

can you add more transportation? maybe magical transportation like "the boots of the travaler" from thaumcraft. well something similar. it is sometimes hard to navigate through the forests. maybe "free fly boots" that let you jump 5 blocks high and "chestplate of gliding" to get off of high places or "track men's shoes" to run super fast.

Guest_zanderboycherry_*
    Guest_zanderboycherry_*
  • Guests
  • Infractions 

Infractions 0%

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

changing the ids made it worse D:. i cant even load a world now.

craftsmanthe
  • Minecraft: craftsmanthe

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostBenimatic, on 03 February 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

I can't reproduce this bug.  I'm not sure what you mean by "not there for real."
something happened to the terrain in some structures. forget it, i found a dark tower in that same world anyways.

Ideas: arrange 4 map focuses around a compass and it will give you a magical compass, which points to the directon of your portal and/or when rightclicked, it will tell you what the coordinates of where the portal is.
Can help you if you get lost

Does this happen to anybody??
Posted Image

PCAwesomeness
  • Minecraft: PCAwesomeness

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Hi, I have a suggestion for you. Here it is: Bears. They should be neutral, do 1.5 hearts of damage, and drop leather. They should also have a custom sound.
My model page, still a WIP.

HinataStar
  • Minecraft: HinataStar

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

Bear meat would also be nice.
What about squril meat? I guess make it drop from them squrils and make it only one unnefected by looting like Chicken, and make it restore 1 point of health when raw and 2 and a half points when cooked?

Thistlewhistler
  • Minecraft: ThistleWhistler

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

View Postzanderboycherry, on 03 February 2013 - 02:51 AM, said:

can you add more transportation? maybe magical transportation like "the boots of the travaler" from thaumcraft. well something similar. it is sometimes hard to navigate through the forests. maybe "free fly boots" that let you jump 5 blocks high and "chestplate of gliding" to get off of high places or "track men's shoes" to run super fast.

I'm guilty of wanting this as well. I absolutely love the Peacock fan, and how it allows you to jump as well as push enemies, but I would really enjoy a safer method of falling. It makes sense that such a powerful item needs to have a drawback like the fall damage, but I can't shake the idea of leaping through the Forest, from floor to canopy, mushroom top to Highlands....

seanallan

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostDJArtO, on 19 August 2011 - 05:31 AM, said:

two words "bad idea" cuz I hate Twilight, but still good luck
well i hate twilight too BUT THIS IS MINECRAFT NOT SOME LOVE CRAP THAT DOESNT MAKE SENSE! THIS IS A BOZZ MOD!

BlackJar72
  • Minecraft: JaredBGreat

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostDJArtO, on 19 August 2011 - 05:31 AM, said:

two words "bad idea" cuz I hate Twilight, but still good luck

This gets its name from the time of day / light conditions twilight, like between night and day or the edge of night -- its a basically a dark fantasy faerie world, full of wild animals, wicked gnomes, various skeletal creature, ruins, etc. -- it has nothing to do with the twilight books / movies.  There are no vampire, werewolves, and mentally unstable young girls in it.

Posted Image

Keybounce

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

So looking around one of the large hollow hills, it looks like the bottom floor is normally around Y=27 (air at 27, stone at 26, eyes at 28.62). But there's a few places in that hills where the ground had a pit; I don't know if that was from a cave, or not.

Ore from the hills ... I saw a lot of stuff at 31, some at 30, and one at 29. But then, one coal pile went down to 25 -- this hill had a ravine underneath it, and it continued into the air of that ravine.

I'm looking at calling 28 the limit for hollow hills, and 27 and below "random".

Now, the point of this is to get Twilight Forest happy with Custom Ore generation. And the first thing I noticed is that you correctly identify sea/ground level; congrats for that.

Next, I'm trying to figure out how to map biomes to identify what ores to put where. I'd like some advice if you have ideas.

So here's what I know of TF biomes:

1. Normal twilight forest, dense twilight forest
Dense is "hillier and more thickly forested", sort of like jungle, but also rare.

2. Swamp, and (rare) fireswamp.

3. Highlands -- not really the extreme hills, but the closest I can think of

4. Mushroom forest, and (rare) deep mushroom forest

5. Clearing

6. Dark forest

7. Snowy forest and glacier (seems rarer than the others)

8. Rivers

9. Enchanted Forest (rare)

My first thoughts:
1. COG wants to put Lapis in oceans; here, it gets the rivers and rare lakes.
2. Iron gets the snowy forest and glaciers (COG wants to put it in cold/snowy biomes).
3. Coal gets the Swamps ... just like vanilla swamps.

Those three are easy. The rest, not so.

That still leaves redstone (deserts -- nothing like that in the TF), emeralds (highlands?), and gold (forests ... which forests? :-).

COG wants to put redstone in deserts; the closest I can think of here is clearings. Not really a good match.
Emeralds go into extreme hills, and EBXL's Green hills. I don't know if Highlands are a good match -- those look more like forested hills. (Heck, everything looks forested :-).

Gold ... COG wants to put gold into forests. But you have nothing but forests, and the occasional clearing.

At "best", there's gold for Twilight Forest(s), Emeralds for extreme hills, and ...

I have no idea what to assign to mushrooms, or dark forests. I'm not sure if they should perhaps be left with nothing -- makes the dark forest pointless if it doesn't have a hollow hills or other structure, which in turn implies that this is a bad thing.

So I'm looking for recommendations/ideas/thoughts. Anything?

===

Since I have to leave everything at 28 and above, this means that coal and iron are also found in clusters in the hills and higher lands. The veins and clouds for these get reduced slightly. Redstone and Lapis have shorter runs (lower sea level, affects their veins), so they will get more common veins. And ... diamonds.

COG wants to make diamonds veins in lava tubes. Lava tubes don't fit the theme of Twilight Forest.

What do people thing of hollow underground cavities filled with diamonds and silverfish blocks? (It's the AnonymousViking distribution). Would that fit in with twilight forest? (You do have strongholds, right?) If not, are there any other TF monsters that could be taught to hide in stone?
My channel with Mystcraft, and general Minecraft Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/Keybounce
** NEW: FtB "Magic Farm", performance testing and java flags.
My main world: http://www.minecraft...ts-play-series/
"Wait, an update?! Geez, I didn't know we skipped Easter and went straight to Christmas."