• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.2] The Twilight Forest (v2.0.3: Updated to Minecraft 1.7)

smp dimension monster animals terrain aesthetic ssp forge 1.6.4 1.7.2

• Please log in to reply
8443 replies to this topic

Veovis Muad'dib

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Search doesn't appear to bring this issue up.

I was playing the mod in hardcore, going through a wizard tower.  I found a charm of life and looked it up, the wiki said it would bring the player back to life if they died.  I figured this was actually mostly meant for hardcore players, but when I went to kill the Lich, I died and it was final.  :\

I'm doing what I can to salvage the save where it was so I can see if I can escape, since the charm of life was supposed to bring me back to life anyway, but obviously it's cheating and I really don't like doing it.

Figured I'd report it, maybe it was accidental and easy to fix, maybe it was accidental and impossible to fix, maybe it was intentional....
I do stuff.

Ages of Mystcraft - Symbols released!  New symbols for Mystcraft!
Now working on Ages of Mystcraft - Tech and Ages of Mystcraft - Journals.

Register or log in to remove.

nakoh
    nakoh

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

Where are the recipes?  D=

sondrex76
  • Minecraft: sondrex76

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

can you get your mod to work properly with mob spawn controll? i cant change what spawnes in any twilight biomes :(
here's the link to the mod: http://www.minecraft...upport-updated/
Posted Image

Sto3IV
    Sto3IV

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Minecraft: Sto3IV

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

(Sorry but I'm not too good at English so did everything through a translator!) When I create a "Uncrafting table" then I get a card with the name "unnamed" although the texture and performance is the same as in the "uncrafting table", but the name of the technical unit, and if dostavt block "uncrafting table" from the title of the NEI "uncrafting table" and not "unnamed", that is all right! And when crafting falls technical block! BAG!

(original text) Когда я создаю "uncrafting table" то у меня получается бло с именем  "unnamed" хотя текстура и работоспособность такая же как и у "uncrafting table",но название технического блока, а если доставть блок "uncrafting table" из NEI то название "uncrafting table" , а не "unnamed", то есть всё правильно! А при крафте выпадает технический блок! БАГ!

What is the name the font shown in the banner?

I met a strange castle of blocks that are not Ruscha vnetri bosses are not there a lot of passes on the map looks like um, like the toilet ... What's this?
Posted Image

Keybounce

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

View PostVeovis Muad, on 05 January 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

... I found a charm of life and looked it up, the wiki said it would bring the player back to life if they died.  I figured this was actually mostly meant for hardcore players....

Oh, that is a wonderful idea -- CoL and hardcore. I hate the idea of "one mistake and you're dead", and the ultra defensive play it brings out in me. But being able to spawn 4 "extra lives" when I start, with the ability to get more by exploring the forest ... makes it a real video game at that point :-).
My channel with Mystcraft, and general Minecraft Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/Keybounce
** NEW: FtB "Magic Farm", performance testing and java flags.
My main world: http://www.minecraft...ts-play-series/
"Wait, an update?! Geez, I didn't know we skipped Easter and went straight to Christmas."

NJM1564
    NJM1564

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:32 AM

It's neet that the vanishing blocks disappear but can you make them reappear. New from ACME it's disappearing reappearing blocks.

Roalith
    Roalith

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Suggestion - An air fish mob like the one found in "Witches and More".  When I installed WaM and saw them swimming in air the first time, I just kept thinking that they belong in Twilight Forest.  Then my daughter walks in and is like "OH WOW TWILIGHT FOREST UPDATED WITH A NEW MOB".

Unfortunately due to the hidden Entity limit (traincraft, divinerpg, takes no time to hit this limit), we can't keep WaM installed, but would LOVE and think it would be very fitting to have an air fish mob floating around in our mystical forest dimension!

Thank you for any consideration.

abelustu

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Ben I really need you to check a message I sent you in mail

billyspark3
  • Minecraft: Captain_2Bit

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

When i use the magic map, its blank.
Can someone tell me how to fix this?

Posted Image

Thistlewhistler
  • Minecraft: ThistleWhistler

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

View Postbillyspark3, on 06 January 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

When i use the magic map, its blank.
Can someone tell me how to fix this?

While this sounds foolish, I have to ask for basic support: are you using the map in the Twilight Forest?
I'm presuming you mean the magic map that shows biomes of the forest. If you have the ore maps, you'll need to be at the same elevation (or close to it) you were when you made the map.

Also, have you tried right clicking with the map out? Occasionally I had to do that, sort of like an on-button for the map to activate.

Russianranger

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

Hey all, I tried searching the thread, and I only saw one instance a couple months back, but its in regards to the zombie scepter. I'm trying to recharge this beast and it doesn't seem to want to work. Has this changed? I've tried using normal potions of strength, extended and strength II along with the zombie flesh and the scepter in the grid to no avail. Any clues? (I tried arranging them every which way, unfortunately nothing).

EDIT: Using NEI, it uses "Potions of Strength" of all types, however, the ID for them is different than what I created... anyway to change that? Its not the base ID, but the ID after the " : "

zourath
    zourath

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

To extend on FrenchKafka's bug report, the bug seems to happen when you make a magic map while other magic maps are in chests, or more commonly when the people who have magic maps are offline.

So if player 1 has magic map #0, and player  2 has magic map #1 and #2, and player 2 goes offline, the next map player 1 will make will be #1, overwriting player 2's map.

lydocia
    lydocia

Carpenter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Minecraft: lydocia

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

I've just gone on my first Twilight trip and damn, the unknown really makes Minecraft exciting again! :) Thank you!

gumb0
    gumb0

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 260 posts
  • Minecraft: DentedLeftFender

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

Benimatic, I really like how you've included a day-by-day change log on your wiki- it makes for some interesting reading.  Thank you! Posted Image

Looking forward to the next update!

Thistlewhistler
  • Minecraft: ThistleWhistler

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

So, a bug report on the original Lich Towers.

Climbing around, doing the usual slay & loot routine, and I come across a ladder. Going up the ladder, standard procedure, it goes up into a tower of its own, but without any space. Its just room enough for the ladder. Now, occasionally I have found these. They didn't really give me much thought. But this one, this one had coal ore in it. I was.... Slightly confused.

EDIT: Also silverfish. in the ceiling. Why. Why would you do that.

Should that happen?

Benimatic
  • Minecraft: Benimoto

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

View PostShadow1928, on 04 January 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

Does this mod spawn any ores in the overworld or is it all in the twilight forest dimension?
This mod doesn't spawn anything in the overworld.

View PostJoustin07, on 05 January 2013 - 05:03 AM, said:

It would be nice if the blocks from Twilight Forest didn't disappear every time there is an update for Minecraft and i have to update TF. Is there anyway to prevent this?
It's not normal that the blocks disappear.  I'm not sure what your update procedure is, but make sure you're not loading the save before you reinstall the mod.

View PostVeovis Muad, on 05 January 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

Search doesn't appear to bring this issue up.

I was playing the mod in hardcore, going through a wizard tower.  I found a charm of life and looked it up, the wiki said it would bring the player back to life if they died.  I figured this was actually mostly meant for hardcore players, but when I went to kill the Lich, I died and it was final.  :\

I'm doing what I can to salvage the save where it was so I can see if I can escape, since the charm of life was supposed to bring me back to life anyway, but obviously it's cheating and I really don't like doing it.

Figured I'd report it, maybe it was accidental and easy to fix, maybe it was accidental and impossible to fix, maybe it was intentional....
I tested several hundred charms of life, and they saved me from death in all circumstances.  To be clear on how they operate, they don't bring you back to life.  Instead, they prevent what would be a fatal blow and briefly heal you.  But the effect is instantaneous.  

When they activate they make a sound, and there is an effect where the item spins around you for a few seconds.

View Postnakoh, on 05 January 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Where are the recipes?  D=
You can find them on the wiki.  http://twilightforest.wikispaces.com/

View PostNJM1564, on 06 January 2013 - 06:32 AM, said:

It's neet that the vanishing blocks disappear but can you make them reappear. New from ACME it's disappearing reappearing blocks.
I plan to at least try to add those.

View PostRussianranger, on 07 January 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

Hey all, I tried searching the thread, and I only saw one instance a couple months back, but its in regards to the zombie scepter. I'm trying to recharge this beast and it doesn't seem to want to work. Has this changed? I've tried using normal potions of strength, extended and strength II along with the zombie flesh and the scepter in the grid to no avail. Any clues? (I tried arranging them every which way, unfortunately nothing).

EDIT: Using NEI, it uses "Potions of Strength" of all types, however, the ID for them is different than what I created... anyway to change that? Its not the base ID, but the ID after the " : "
Grrr, I thought I changed it a few versions ago to use the ID for the potion that you normally create.  I'll look into it, thanks for the report.

View Postzourath, on 07 January 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

To extend on FrenchKafka's bug report, the bug seems to happen when you make a magic map while other magic maps are in chests, or more commonly when the people who have magic maps are offline.

So if player 1 has magic map #0, and player  2 has magic map #1 and #2, and player 2 goes offline, the next map player 1 will make will be #1, overwriting player 2's map.
Thanks for the update.  I'll check that out.

View Postlydocia, on 07 January 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

I've just gone on my first Twilight trip and damn, the unknown really makes Minecraft exciting again! :) Thank you!
I'm glad you like it.

View PostThistlewhistler, on 08 January 2013 - 03:24 AM, said:

So, a bug report on the original Lich Towers.

Climbing around, doing the usual slay & loot routine, and I come across a ladder. Going up the ladder, standard procedure, it goes up into a tower of its own, but without any space. Its just room enough for the ladder. Now, occasionally I have found these. They didn't really give me much thought. But this one, this one had coal ore in it. I was.... Slightly confused.

EDIT: Also silverfish. in the ceiling. Why. Why would you do that.

Should that happen?
Haha, the stone "rooms" are rare but I definitely programmed them in on purpose.  Ores spawn in them just like any other stone.
Posted Image

gumb0
    gumb0

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 260 posts
  • Minecraft: DentedLeftFender

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

Didn't there used to be a config option for allowing preventing ores/structures from other mods from generating in the Twilight Forest?  If there was, I miss it terribly.  If there wasn't, it would certainly be a nice feature Posted Image

Edit:  I meant to say "preventing".

Keybounce

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

The changelog on the 21st says
> Disabled nonexistant dark forest features from trying to generate

Does this mean that we should not be seeing these non-enterable towers? These "not yet ready mobs"?
My channel with Mystcraft, and general Minecraft Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/Keybounce
** NEW: FtB "Magic Farm", performance testing and java flags.
My main world: http://www.minecraft...ts-play-series/
"Wait, an update?! Geez, I didn't know we skipped Easter and went straight to Christmas."

lydocia
    lydocia

Carpenter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Minecraft: lydocia

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

I finally slayed the Naga, but now when I want to go back out of there, I'm stuck. The game loads, I move two blocks and the game crashes.

Edit it seems to be when I enter one particular chunk. Highly frustrating, because it seems there's a village there!

KyleR91
    KyleR91

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Minecraft: KyleR91

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Not sure if this goes here, but I was wondering around Twilight Forest and came across a huge fortress of some sort (I dunno how to post images on here) but it's bigger than the Lich Tower, made of something called Towerwood that took my Diamond Axe forever to get though. Any idea what it is and what it's there for?

WebRep

Overall rating

This site has no rating
(not enough votes)