• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.2] The Twilight Forest (v2.0.3: Updated to Minecraft 1.7)

smp dimension monster animals terrain aesthetic ssp forge 1.6.4 1.7.2

• Please log in to reply
8456 replies to this topic

Doxite
    Doxite

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Minecraft: Doxite

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

Actually, for the fans of Bukkit and Forge, there is something called MCPC+. This is what I'm using for my bukkit/forge server, and it is made so it comes with forge built in. This allows for nearly every mod that works for a normal forge server to work with it, allowing you to have both Bukkit and Forge on the server. No porting of mods necessary, just install them like a normal mod.

Anyway, I'm not here to advertise it, just thought I'd mention it. Sadly, this is the only mod I have found that doesn't like to work with MCPC+ but it might just be that Bukkit just doesn't like loading non-vanilla worlds. Further note on that one coming soon.

Upon further testing, it is MCPC+ that is not liking the world creation for some reason. I guess it's their problem, not Ben's.

FINAL UPDATE: The latest version of MCPC+ has fixed that issue and now the mod works with it too. Thanks for the help anyway peoplez.

Register or log in to remove.

Jalookah
    Jalookah

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

I feel as if this doesn't belong here, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Playing on a FTB Mindcrack server, the latest version as of 3/4/2013, my 2 good friends and I were eager to jump into the Twilight Portal as we'd heard about the mod but never played it before. So we go through, and get to this wonderful land and see a mossy ruin in the distance. We all start running toward it, and, as we approached it...

All three of us got an "Internal Server Error" and the server booted us. I don't have any logs as the server isn't mine, but my friends from which he runs out of his garage. I can try to get some logs, but I have no crash report available as it wasn't a crash, but a server disconnection. We tried many things to fix the problem, including entirely deleting our inventories and coordinate data, planning on respawning at the spawn, fresh, new, out of the water, simply to be able to log in again, but it's absolutely impossible to log in. All three of us get a constant "Internal Server Error" before we can so much as assess our surroundings. Others seem to have the issue, but not enough people for it to be actually addressed.

Doxite
    Doxite

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:05 AM

Hmm, not entirely sure what the error would be due to no logs, buuuut one possible fix would be to delete your DIM7 or whatever your twilightforest dimension is called. It's located within the folder that is the name of the world on the server. Another fix would be to go into the twilightforest config and change the world name. For some reason my world, specifically any dim with a negative number,  gave me this error. When its name was positive via the config and renaming the dim folder, it fixed it. Hope that helps~

I'm not sure the real reason it does crash though. Negative dimensions work fine on my other server but not this one. It could be that one server has forge 6.0.518 while the other is on the latest version, 6.0.534. This could be the overall fix. Try updating to the latest version of forge.

Otherwise, someone else specifiy the official fix. Here's my server logs when it happens on my server:

http://pastebin.com/qCPAWaFW

Steelflame
  • Minecraft: Steelflameblade

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

View PostJalookah, on 05 March 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

Playing on a FTB Mindcrack server, the latest version as of 3/4/2013, my 2 good friends and I were eager to jump into the Twilight Portal as we'd heard about the mod but never played it before. So we go through, and get to this wonderful land and see a mossy ruin in the distance. We all start running toward it, and, as we approached it...

All three of us got an "Internal Server Error" and the server booted us. I don't have any logs as the server isn't mine, but my friends from which he runs out of his garage. I can try to get some logs, but I have no crash report available as it wasn't a crash, but a server disconnection. We tried many things to fix the problem, including entirely deleting our inventories and coordinate data, planning on respawning at the spawn, fresh, new, out of the water, simply to be able to log in again, but it's absolutely impossible to log in. All three of us get a constant "Internal Server Error" before we can so much as assess our surroundings. Others seem to have the issue, but not enough people for it to be actually addressed.

From personal experience, this is USUALLY caused by having non-matching configs between server and client.  You never notice it in the overworld, as you see none of their blocks.  The moment a mis-matched block is spotted though (usually after you go though the portal) it will crash any user with a mis-match, and chain loop crash them.

Warning : This user is prone to doing sporadic edits of recent comments to further expand upon old ideas. This is a very common thing especially right after posting.  Keep this in mind when talking to me over these forums.

I run a small magic focused private server.  If you are interested in joining us, click the banner below to find out more.

Posted Image

Benimatic
  • Minecraft: Benimoto

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:04 AM

View PostSto3IV, on 04 March 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

Bagg! It has long been! It happens when I press the "Select block"!
Posted Image
Oh wow, a diagram!  Okay, I'll fix that for the next version.

View PostSasquatchSlayer, on 04 March 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

Is there a recommended version of forge? I have 497.
That should be fine.  I was using 524 for development, but I've been careful not to use any new functions, so it should be compatible with any Forge version that works on Minecraft 1.4.7.

View PostDotz42, on 05 March 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

This happened: i was just starting (first time) exploring in the twilight i just saw a Minotaur hole (first one) annnndd it crashed and told me this:
Spoiler:
That bug should be fixed in any of the later versions, 1.15.3 or 1.15.4.
Posted Image

Benimatic
  • Minecraft: Benimoto

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:12 AM

View PostDoxite, on 05 March 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

Actually, for the fans of Bukkit and Forge, there is something called MCPC+. This is what I'm using for my bukkit/forge server, and it is made so it comes with forge built in. This allows for nearly every mod that works for a normal forge server to work with it, allowing you to have both Bukkit and Forge on the server. No porting of mods necessary, just install them like a normal mod.

Anyway, I'm not here to advertise it, just thought I'd mention it. Sadly, this is the only mod I have found that doesn't like to work with MCPC+ but it might just be that Bukkit just doesn't like loading non-vanilla worlds. Further note on that one coming soon.

Upon further testing, it is MCPC+ that is not liking the world creation for some reason. I guess it's their problem, not Ben's.

FINAL UPDATE: The latest version of MCPC+ has fixed that issue and now the mod works with it too. Thanks for the help anyway peoplez.
Awesome that it works.  I'll have to try it out sometime.

View PostJalookah, on 05 March 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

Ouch.  Posting the report here is fine, but I can't really offer a lot of advice without the server error log or something more concrete.  The mismatched block config sounds plausible, but I'm not sure.
Posted Image

Doxite
    Doxite

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

I do agree. Server config mismatch is plausible, but in my case, it did not work. Something with the negative levels were making my server do that, I don't know why.

Also, I am curious to why I get the internal server error thing when I join my server when it has a negative twilight forest level. Here's the report: http://pastebin.com/KJ0E9FaM

I don't mind none can unravel the mystery since my other server works just fine with negative twilight forest levels.

Zepanv
    Zepanv

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

v1.15.4

Upon creating a twilight portal and entering, it spawned a nether portal nearby.  An additional one was spawned in the overworld near the twilight portal also.

http://i.imgur.com/rk7bogy.jpg

Hell_Ryder
  • Minecraft: Hell_Ryder

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

o damm i was going to repair my diamond sword in my uncrafting table and BANG! crash

Posted Image

Craftiyan
  • Minecraft: bdejean

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Upon trying to create a world in the FTB Ultimate pack, I got the following crash:

Spoiler:

I'm probably doing something wrong, but does anyone know what's going on?
Let’s play good guys against bad guys… Yes. Let’s play that. Are you ready? You’re the bad guy. And when you’re bad, you just run. That’s fine right? Well… Shall we play?

Zepanv
    Zepanv

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

View PostCraftiyan, on 05 March 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

Upon trying to create a world in the FTB Ultimate pack, I got the following crash:

I'm probably doing something wrong, but does anyone know what's going on?

Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Try adding something like -XX:MaxPermSize=256m (adjust as needed) to your jvm arguments

Craftiyan
  • Minecraft: bdejean

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

Well, it gets to a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: twilightforest/world/ChunkProviderTwilightForest before the RAM issue.  Though I'll try upping the RAM now.

EDIT: I was an idiot and forgot to up the RAM, but never mind the chunk provider, it was fine there upon creating another world, but there's still the RAM issue.  Knowing my computer, I'll probably get it upon allocating 2 GB.
Let’s play good guys against bad guys… Yes. Let’s play that. Are you ready? You’re the bad guy. And when you’re bad, you just run. That’s fine right? Well… Shall we play?

Zepanv
    Zepanv

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

permgen setting is different than the normal xmx xms settings, you will most likely have to adjust all 3

PCAwesomeness
  • Minecraft: PCAwesomeness

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

So far, so good with the Dark Tower! Are you gonna make the Tower Boss come out of a spawner (like the Naga, Lich, and Hydra)? I would like it if you did! Also, is it a bug that Iron Golems don't attack Hydras or is it  intended? Along with that, I have some bugs to report...

TF-8: Carminite Reactor typo (spelled Carminie Reactor, as AlexTheDragonBorn says)
TF-9: Fire Beetles don't retaliate against Snow Golem attacks
TF-10: Pinch Beetles don't retaliate against Iron Golem attacks
TF-11: Hydra occasionally shakes his head when about to bite (possibly not a bug)
TF-12: You could walk through the Hydra, but mobs can't
TF-13: Dark Tower Ghasts only react to melee attacks from other mobs

That's it! Good luck!
My model page, still a WIP.

ultimatecrafterA1

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

Looks very cool, will install and lag my (un)trustworthy laptop up to the point of 10 fps :)

GoodWayfarer

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:29 AM

Asked why the boss in dark tower must be ghast, could not you come up with a monster of your past, like a hydra?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Croaker
    Croaker

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

Hey man I love this mod and for some reason it does not work in my server....but in single player it is perfectly fine with every other mod i have do you know why that is?
Spoiler:

foshka
    foshka

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostBenimatic, on 04 March 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

I think that one of the changes I made in 1.15.3 fixed them.  Is there anyone still having the problem with version 1.15.3 or 1.15.4 of the mod?

I got tired of waiting for magic world to update, so forced 1.15.4 in, and yay canopy is back!

DragonSpitter
  • Minecraft: spineripper64

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

View PostGoodWayfarer, on 06 March 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

Asked why the boss in dark tower must be ghast, could not you come up with a monster of your past, like a hydra?

Yeah, seriously. I mean, you coded a Naga, you coded a Litch, you coded a Centaur/Mooshroom thing, and you coded a GOD DAMN HYDRA!!!! (excuse my language), but you can't code a unique monster for the Dark Towers? Could you make it such that it's a Shadow Mage or something similar? That would work alongside your lore (The Shadow Mage was once a powerful Twilight Wizard, like the Twilight Litch, but the darkness of the Dark Forest twisted his mind and powers, causing him to become the Shadow Mage). Here are it's abilities:
Unlike the Litch, he's more "Direct", so he'll assault you quickly and freakishly!
1. He Turns invisible by using the Darkness, and fires Orbs of Evil that blind you!
2. When his health is low, he spawns Ghasts that fight alongside him, you need to shoot them down, or you could use their fireballs to your advantage by reflecting them on the Shadow Mage.
3. when he's out of Power, he'll pull the Dark Blade out :o and attack you. The Dark Blade should have the ability to either Blind you, or for more variety, give you Wither effect!

When he dies, he will drop either the Evil Staff (fires orbs of evil), the Dark Blade, or the Ghast Sceptre.

What do you think? It sounds like it would fit more into your mod's theme and fits more to the Dark Forest theme rather than a Giant Ghast.

-DragonSpitter
Posted Image

GoodWayfarer

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostDragonSpitter, on 06 March 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

Yeah, seriously. I mean, you coded a Naga, you coded a Litch, you coded a Centaur/Mooshroom thing, and you coded a GOD DAMN HYDRA!!!! (excuse my language), but you can't code a unique monster for the Dark Towers? Could you make it such that it's a Shadow Mage or something similar? That would work alongside your lore (The Shadow Mage was once a powerful Twilight Wizard, like the Twilight Litch, but the darkness of the Dark Forest twisted his mind and powers, causing him to become the Shadow Mage). Here are it's abilities:
Unlike the Litch, he's more "Direct", so he'll assault you quickly and freakishly!
1. He Turns invisible by using the Darkness, and fires Orbs of Evil that blind you!
2. When his health is low, he spawns Ghasts that fight alongside him, you need to shoot them down, or you could use their fireballs to your advantage by reflecting them on the Shadow Mage.
3. when he's out of Power, he'll pull the Dark Blade out Posted Image and attack you. The Dark Blade should have the ability to either Blind you, or for more variety, give you Wither effect!

When he dies, he will drop either the Evil Staff (fires orbs of evil), the Dark Blade, or the Ghast Sceptre.

What do you think? It sounds like it would fit more into your mod's theme and fits more to the Dark Forest theme rather than a Giant Ghast.

-DragonSpitter
Accepts a good idea, or it is: one druid used Thein force a mistake and therefore all druids were skeletons, and he became a villain by grief and locked in a dark tower.

Posted ImagePosted Image