• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[CO-OP][Puzzle] It's Better Together V1.4 (70000+ DL!)

• Please log in to reply
790 replies to this topic

FloddyFosh
  • Minecraft: FloddyFosh

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Hey!, my name is FloddyFosh and this is my second puzzle map!
Some people remember me from my previous map Prince Of Minecraftia, which was quite a success!

This time I made a sort of Portal Co-op puzzle map which has to be played by 2 persons!
It has over 30+ puzzles and again I tried to be original with the puzzles, and the piston-update
helped me alot with that! Also the Co-op brought alot of new ideas.

I learned alot of my previous map what people like and dislike about a map, so I could make this map better.
There are no boring places where you have to walk alot and I've put more lights everyone, since my previous map had some really dark places which made vidding quite hard.

You don't need any mods or special texture packs for this map. So you can just search for a friend, download the
map and play! Yay Posted Image! Also don't mind my spelling mistakes since I'm Dutch Posted Image!

I also recommend to play this map on peaceful since there are no places where you have to fight with monsters,
there are only puzzles. I don't want any creepers blowing up the puzzle mechanics Posted Image!

Since I wanted for people to be able to download my map without adverts I didn't put the link on adfly (Quite stupid now xD!). But I got quite some requests now to add a donate button so people could support me Posted Image Yay! No donations yet but you'll never know! Posted Image
But after all the most important thing for me is that people enjoy playing my map and have a wonderful time TOGETHER Posted Image! Haha!

Posted Image

Pssst
Spoiler:

Let's give you the download link!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image Download Link Posted Image

V1.4
Zip: http://www.mediafire...miiuq3jcqyy7616
Rar: http://www.mediafire...qff8u7h9h420or8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image Nether  Posted Image

For Bukkit server users:
When you enter a portal and it spawns you in a new randomly generated Nether, try to download this and place it in the same directory as the "It's Better Together" folder of your Bukkit server. If you downloaded V1.3 be sure to change the title to "It's Better Together V1.4_nether"

Zip: http://www.mediafire...414t7b3rwvbvkf3
Rar: http://www.mediafire...h0negwcmju9w9jh

Posted Image Old versions:  Posted Image

Version 1.3
Bugs: Spelling mistake and puzzle improving.
Zip: http://www.mediafire...ervog8cq78r8s1e
Rar: http://www.mediafire...wcah3o89djlgn9q

Version 1.2
Bugs: A lot of server lag bugs.
Zip: http://www.mediafire...8d4davcnqpcxmax
Rar: http://www.mediafire...8aaju8olt8sdj2e

Version 1.1
Bugs: spelling mistake, some puzzles not working 100% or you could get stuck.
Zip: http://www.mediafire...ilo9272jdaiu6qf
Rar: http://www.mediafire...jpdxpc36s6ep0n2

Version 1.0
Bugs: 2 spelling mistakes, spawn point bug and lag.
Zip: http://www.mediafire...aklrfiafz09j7yv
Rar: http://www.mediafire...kis01yhn2hesfut

Posted Image Objective: Posted Image
Try to complete all of the puzzles with 2 persons and make the adventure to an happy end Posted Image!

Posted Image Estimated playtime:   Posted Image
Around 2-3 hours Posted Image!

Posted Image Rules: Posted Image
- 2 players are needed to play this map! No more, no less.
- DON'T BREAK BLOCKS OR OTHER OBJECTS! (Burning is allowed!)
- DON'T PLACE BLOCKS!
- Only use items you find in chests.
- No mods, no cheats, no hacks.

Posted Image Screenshots Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image AND MUCH, MUCH, MUCH MORE!! Posted Image

Vids of other gamers

Posted Image By: BlueXephos / BlueXephos Posted Image
(English)

Posted Image By: TheRealSlyFoxHound / xXSlyFoxHoundXx Posted Image
(English)

Posted Image By: iHasCupquake / iHasCupquake Posted Image
(English)

Posted Image By: UberHaxorNova / UberHaxorNova Posted Image
(English)

Posted Image By: MunchGamer / MunchGamer Posted Image
(English)

Posted Image By: SkitScape / SkitScape Posted Image
(English)

Posted Image By: SethGrey / TheSethGrey Posted Image
(English)

Posted Image By: z0mb3yZock / z0mb3yZock Posted Image
(German)

Sorry for all the others but this part got too big Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

LilSumac
  • Minecraft: LilSumac

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

First! Looks very nice, I'm gonna download it now.
EDIT: I think the spawn is messed up, where is it?
EDIT: 0.0 First of many!

FloddyFosh

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

View PostLilSumac, on 13 August 2011 - 07:09 PM, said:

First! Looks very nice, I'm gonna download it now.
EDIT: I think the spawn is messed up, where is it?

At the big burning tower o.O!

Edit: Spawn should be at exactly: x=0 y=65 z=0
Posted Image

LilSumac

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

Atually,I spawned on top of the glass, but i found my way down.
EDIT: 'm on the big tower, but there's no way down. Plz help.

FloddyFosh

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:39 PM

You should get into the building where the tower is standing on lol :P! Strange that your spawn isn't right... I was absolutely sure it was correct -.- lol!
Posted Image

LilSumac

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:40 PM

Watevs, me an my friend found our way down, even if we had to destroy half of the tower. :D

FloddyFosh

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

View PostLilSumac, on 13 August 2011 - 07:40 PM, said:

Watevs, me an my friend found our way down, even if we had to destroy half of the tower. :D

Haha good job! Well the tower wasn't important :D. It's just there so that's easy to find the start area :P! I forgot that spawning on a server works a bit different :P. The big glass thing is just to hold up the snow haha :D!

Good luck ;)
Posted Image

LilSumac

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

Well, my friend had to leave early but I'm trying to pick it up with another friend, but me and him had a bit of trouble (At least, I think it was trouble) on puzzle 6. When I hit a button, I fell down into the room with the signs and elevator, but my friend didn't. Did he miss it, or were we supposed to do something else?

FloddyFosh

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:26 PM

View PostLilSumac, on 13 August 2011 - 08:15 PM, said:

Well, my friend had to leave early but I'm trying to pick it up with another friend, but me and him had a bit of trouble (At least, I think it was trouble) on puzzle 6. When I hit a button, I fell down into the room with the signs and elevator, but my friend didn't. Did he miss it, or were we supposed to do something else?

You were supposed to fall in it both :P. Atleast on puzzle 8?.. Haha :D
Posted Image

LilSumac

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:09 PM

Kkthnx. :D

FloddyFosh

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:14 PM

So how are you doing :D?
Posted Image

SethGrey

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:38 PM

As the dumb noob Troll would say, "First!"

But no, in all serious words of the most awesome, the cast and crew of 'The Seth Grey' have proudly made it their mission to escape this horrid place with it's hurtful signs, and promises of Cake, although the cake may be moist, juicy, and sweet, we shall prevail!

First Entry
8-13-11
7:34 PM

SethGrey

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:47 AM

View PostFloddyFosh, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

Thank you so much for the vid Seth :D! I love it  :Diamond:
I already wondered how fast you would upload your vid :P!

There are certain advantages to being the first one out with a guide, or a video, and i'm not about to let some big name get it done first, like Nova or the Yogascast, i've got too much drive for that. On a side note, we've not finished yet, after a mildly annoying wipe-out room, (fast pistons and a little bit of lag.) We took a break for the day. (It was about 1-2 hours in.)

FloddyFosh

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:13 AM

View PostSethGrey, on 14 August 2011 - 01:47 AM, said:

There are certain advantages to being the first one out with a guide, or a video, and i'm not about to let some big name get it done first, like Nova or the Yogascast, i've got too much drive for that. On a side note, we've not finished yet, after a mildly annoying wipe-out room, (fast pistons and a little bit of lag.) We took a break for the day. (It was about 1-2 hours in.)

Haha true! :D You're doing great so far :)! Positive thing about the pistons is that you can do some real cool stuff with it :P, too bad it causes alot of lag in a server :(! I hope the lag doesn't bother you too much ;)!

Can't wait for your next vid :D!
Posted Image

SethGrey

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:21 AM

View PostFloddyFosh, on 14 August 2011 - 02:13 AM, said:

Haha true! :D You're doing great so far :)! Positive thing about the pistons is that you can do some real cool stuff with it :P, too bad it causes alot of lag in a server :(! I hope the lag doesn't bother you too much ;)!

Can't wait for your next vid :D!
Lag is really only there since our dedicated server is down, so we're using Hamachi.

MisterFlie

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:40 AM

My friend and I did this map all in one sitting.

Here is my review:

While it's obviously a blatant portal ripoff, as many puzzle maps are, the puzzles are interesting and fun. Playing through this whole things took us hours and we had a good time. You made great use of pistons in this map. The ending ride and core were awesome and definitely ended this map well.

Bugs that I wrote down:

Test 12 was the music boxes opens the doors when you play the right tune but doesn't keep them open.

Test 14 we had no clue of what to do with the stop/go mechanic.

Test 17 had some issues but I forgot to write them down.

Test 19 we grew the tree but it tried to grow into a super tree and the room was too small so it bugged out and we ended up just climbing up ourselves.

One of the earlier puzzles before you are united with your friend we had trouble with. It was the one where you matched colors. We couldn't figure how it worked after about 20 minutes there.

Overall: 9/10
Puzzles: 8/10 (Bugs)

This map was great with interesting puzzles but it really lacked any individual character. There are many maps that rip off portal like this one does and they all get to be the same after awhile. It is definitely worth downloading but only if you and your friend have a lot of spare time on your hands to play through it.

PS: We noticed a huge 8-bit Link picture after exploring a little towards the end, care to comment?

Edit: I'm not sure I made it clear enough but I can't see myself remembering this map in the future because it lacked a decent story, and it carries a similar atmosphere to many other puzzle maps. It's so painfully obvious that you put loads of work into this, but it doesn't have much to stand on, aside from a good ending and well done puzzles.

FloddyFosh

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:39 AM

View PostMisterFlie, on 14 August 2011 - 02:40 AM, said:

My friend and I did this map all in one sitting.

Here is my review:

While it's obviously a blatant portal ripoff, as many puzzle maps are, the puzzles are interesting and fun. Playing through this whole things took us hours and we had a good time. You made great use of pistons in this map. The ending ride and core were awesome and definitely ended this map well.

Bugs that I wrote down:

Test 12 was the music boxes opens the doors when you play the right tune but doesn't keep them open.

Test 14 we had no clue of what to do with the stop/go mechanic.

Test 17 had some issues but I forgot to write them down.

Test 19 we grew the tree but it tried to grow into a super tree and the room was too small so it bugged out and we ended up just climbing up ourselves.

One of the earlier puzzles before you are united with your friend we had trouble with. It was the one where you matched colors. We couldn't figure how it worked after about 20 minutes there.

Overall: 9/10
Puzzles: 8/10 (Bugs)

This map was great with interesting puzzles but it really lacked any individual character. There are many maps that rip off portal like this one does and they all get to be the same after awhile. It is definitely worth downloading but only if you and your friend have a lot of spare time on your hands to play through it.

PS: We noticed a huge 8-bit Link picture after exploring a little towards the end, care to comment?

Edit: I'm not sure I made it clear enough but I can't see myself remembering this map in the future because it lacked a decent story, and it carries a similar atmosphere to many other puzzle maps. It's so painfully obvious that you put loads of work into this, but it doesn't have much to stand on, aside from a good ending and well done puzzles.

Hey! Thank you so much for playing and thanks for the honest review :)!

I think that after all, all puzlle maps are gonna look like another map or game. With a co-op puzzle map that aims for alot of puzzles, I think it will always look like some kind of Portal :P! But I wanted to try it too because most of the other maps have unoriginal puzzles.

The story quite sucks yeah but that's because my English isn't terrible good and because again I wanted to make more of a puzzle map and not an adventure map :)!

About the bugs, I checked them and it seemed fine? I checked the music boxes and it stayed open after I played the tune. It's true that they close after you hit another wrong note. Test 14 is like green light/ red light. Run when it's green and stop when it's red. When the light is red, the doors will close if you stand on a pressure plate. I also checked test 17 and that one seemed fine too. The only hard thing there is that the levers act strangely :P, both levers should be pointing up before you can activate the pistons again. About test 19 you are right, I already thought such things would happen but it's hard to solve that.

But after all thank you :)!

PS: We noticed a huge 8-bit Link picture after exploring a little towards the end, care to comment?[/i]

Shall I telll you a secret :P? There are like 4 pixel arts hidden in the map + 5 rat rooms (like from Portal) + dozens of game references on the signs and some buildings from my previous map hidden :P! You could even find a big companion cube somewhere :D!
Posted Image

FloddyFosh

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:54 PM

Any reviews or vids from other players :D? I would love to hear/see them :)!
Posted Image

FloddyFosh

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

Come on guys I need more feedback :(!
Posted Image

piecia997

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:13 PM

Downloading now and hopefully I'll play it tonight ;] I love coop puzzles and your map looks interesting. Expect feedback tomorrow.

Posted Image

Other maps from Gustavo Team: Cubeception, Cubeception 2, Old Hatreds