Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4][v4.6.2]SecretRoomsMod[SMP][Forge] HIDDEN TRAPPED CHESTS!

mod secretrooms secret room camoflauge smp hidden doors 1.6.4

  • Please log in to reply
2478 replies to this topic

#2161

Keybounce

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:20 AM

Was the issue with Secret Rooms and Mystcraft resolved for the 1.4.7 release? There are no 1.4.7 releases listed in the OP.
My channel with Mystcraft, and general Minecraft Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/Keybounce
** NEW: FtB "Magic Farm", performance testing and java flags.
My main world: http://www.minecraft...ts-play-series/
"Wait, an update?! Geez, I didn't know we skipped Easter and went straight to Christmas."

Register or log in to remove.

#2162

TheFireRodan

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:21 AM

View PostXanderGryphon, on 21 July 2013 - 02:35 AM, said:

Couldn't you just put down a block that actually is that texture? Not sure I really understand the point of a camouflage block that's just a block.
but what if you wanted to use the solid air block or use hard to obtain blocks? make a booby trapped diamond block house maybe? The idea is you could build any structure with only a few blocks. it wont have the properties of the blocks however.

My side mod resource pack thing

Original Pokemon battle cries for Pixelmon
Also:

Posted Image


#2163

AbrarSyed
  • Location: IL, USA
  • Minecraft: AbrarSyed

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

View PostTheFireRodan, on 21 July 2013 - 03:21 AM, said:

but what if you wanted to use the solid air block or use hard to obtain blocks? make a booby trapped diamond block house maybe? The idea is you could build any structure with only a few blocks. it wont have the properties of the blocks however.

Well, the point of the mod really isnt to make building expensive looking stuff easier... Its to hid the things that are important to you. I will not be adding a dummy camo block just so you can make lookalikes for stuff.
Posted Image

#2164

darchangel89

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

I have a question about the camo pressure plates.  Are villagers supposed to be able to interact with them?  I keep finding villagers spinning in circles on top of them, and I dont know why, but it looks kinda creepy. And it seems to be preventing them from actually getting to the door to open it, so once they get inside a house, they cant get out.  They just congregate in front of the door, spinning in those circles.

#2165

TheFireRodan

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostAbrarSyed, on 21 July 2013 - 07:38 AM, said:

Well, the point of the mod really isnt to make building expensive looking stuff easier... Its to hid the things that are important to you. I will not be adding a dummy camo block just so you can make lookalikes for stuff.
Ok.

My side mod resource pack thing

Original Pokemon battle cries for Pixelmon
Also:

Posted Image


#2166

AbrarSyed
  • Location: IL, USA
  • Minecraft: AbrarSyed

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

View Postdarchangel89, on 21 July 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

I have a question about the camo pressure plates.  Are villagers supposed to be able to interact with them?  I keep finding villagers spinning in circles on top of them, and I dont know why, but it looks kinda creepy. And it seems to be preventing them from actually getting to the door to open it, so once they get inside a house, they cant get out.  They just congregate in front of the door, spinning in those circles.

lol wow, thats unexpected.
Posted Image

#2167

Scoarn
    Scoarn

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

I would love a 1.5.2 update! How soon might we expect it? :D

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2168

AbrarSyed
  • Location: IL, USA
  • Minecraft: AbrarSyed

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

wow, and here I thaught the 1.5.2 side wouldnt make it back.. now t has a huge advantage...

Very well, tis decided, Il add the new features for 1.5.2
Posted Image

#2169

XanderGryphon
  • Location: West Virginia
  • Minecraft: XanderGryphon

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:44 PM

View PostAbrarSyed, on 22 July 2013 - 10:39 PM, said:

wow, and here I thaught the 1.5.2 side wouldnt make it back.. now t has a huge advantage...

Very well, tis decided, Il add the new features for 1.5.2

Awesome, can't wait for the update!

Posted Image


#2170

Mathperson
  • Location: In the end
  • Minecraft: Mathperson22
  • Xbox:x-wah?

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:46 AM

This looks amazing! Please make it for 1.6.2! I really really want it!

#2171

Gezzer51
    Gezzer51

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

I know I'm taking my life in my hands by asking this, and of course I mean absolutely no pressure, but any idea on a time frame for 1.6.2?

#2172

Android18luvsMC

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:23 AM

how do u download the secret rooms mod?!?!?!?

where's the download thing?!?!?

#2173

painter73
  • Location: Milwaukee

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:38 AM

View PostAndroid18luvsMC, on 24 July 2013 - 01:23 AM, said:

how do u download the secret rooms mod?!?!?!?

where's the download thing?!?!?
It's a secret !!! Its cleverly disguised on the 1st page and very elusively hidden under red lettered spoiler called 'downloads and installation' :). Shhhhhhh.....don't tell everyone :)

#2174

AbrarSyed
  • Location: IL, USA
  • Minecraft: AbrarSyed

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:01 AM

View PostGezzer51, on 23 July 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

I know I'm taking my life in my hands by asking this, and of course I mean absolutely no pressure, but any idea on a time frame for 1.6.2?

well. lets seee, I have to...
THEN, and ONLY then, will I be free to work on the SecretRoomsMod. And when I start, il tweet it. I estimate that it will take about 2 weeks to make the updates to 1.5.2, as well as update it to MC 1.6
Posted Image

#2175

Gezzer51
    Gezzer51

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

View PostAbrarSyed, on 24 July 2013 - 03:01 AM, said:

well. lets seee, I have to... THEN, and ONLY then, will I be free to work on the SecretRoomsMod. And when I start, il tweet it. I estimate that it will take about 2 weeks to make the updates to 1.5.2, as well as update it to MC 1.6

Dude!?!
Wow you've got your plate full and then some. So do you and things like sunshine only have a nodding acquaintance? lol
For that matter do you even get time to actually play minecraft?
Well I have to say TYVM for your dedication to your awesome mod, and whenever you get it done is fine by me.

#2176

birdman51
  • Location: garden of my mind..........
  • Minecraft: PhantomBird

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:15 AM

I can't wait for the new update!!!!!
Posted Image

#2177

birdman51
  • Location: garden of my mind..........
  • Minecraft: PhantomBird

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:05 PM

MEGA IDEA OFF THE TOP O' MY HEAD!!!!..............................................................CAMO TNT!!!!!!
Posted Image

#2178

Keybounce

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostKeybounce, on 21 July 2013 - 03:20 AM, said:

Was the issue with Secret Rooms and Mystcraft resolved for the 1.4.7 release? There are no 1.4.7 releases listed in the OP.

So to answer my own question:
1. Changelog reports: "fixed crash when using DimensionalDoors, Mystcraft, and SecretRoomsMod together," for 4.5.1
2. While the Downloads -> Old version spoiler lists forge 1.2.5, the "old versions" is itself a link to a list of more current downloads.
3. Build 4.5.1.237: 2013-04-18 12:47:35 (universal) appears to be the last 147 bugfix.
My channel with Mystcraft, and general Minecraft Let's Plays: http://www.youtube.com/user/Keybounce
** NEW: FtB "Magic Farm", performance testing and java flags.
My main world: http://www.minecraft...ts-play-series/
"Wait, an update?! Geez, I didn't know we skipped Easter and went straight to Christmas."

#2179

AbrarSyed
  • Location: IL, USA
  • Minecraft: AbrarSyed

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:20 AM

View PostGezzer51, on 24 July 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

Dude!?!
Wow you've got your plate full and then some. So do you and things like sunshine only have a nodding acquaintance? lol
For that matter do you even get time to actually play minecraft?
Well I have to say TYVM for your dedication to your awesome mod, and whenever you get it done is fine by me.

Sunshine? ive never heard of such a thing. is it that bright stuff that burns when someone opens the window shades?

Play Minceraft? What decent modder plays minecraft except when testing mods?


joking of course, but seriously. I don't really go outside... unless it necessary. And I don't play Minecraft either.. I mostly play something short like a LOL or DOTA game when im not coding.

View PostKeybounce, on 24 July 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

So to answer my own question:
1. Changelog reports: "fixed crash when using DimensionalDoors, Mystcraft, and SecretRoomsMod together," for 4.5.1
2. While the Downloads -> Old version spoiler lists forge 1.2.5, the "old versions" is itself a link to a list of more current downloads.
3. Build 4.5.1.237: 2013-04-18 12:47:35 (universal) appears to be the last 147 bugfix.

Good to know that my work writing changelogs and stuff isnt going to waste :)
Posted Image

#2180

Firestar777
  • Location: Somewhere in the Aether
  • Minecraft: MataNui00000

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:22 AM

For the 'Anti-Camo Cannon', I have an idea. Simply making it take 2 stacks of Revealing Dust to spray for 1 second is not enough, in my opinion. A particularly savvy character could, in effect, carry only two stacks of the Dust, and, standing in a room that is filled with camouflaged blocks, spin around completely in 1 second, revealing all of the blocks. I propose that instead, while holding down whatever button shall be used to spray, it would consume the Dust slowly. Upon spraying a camouflaged block, it would reveal only a few pixels. The character would have to continue spraying the block until it is completely revealed. Completely revealing a block would take an entire stack of the Dust, or more. If this idea is not accepted, or simply not possible, a secondary idea is that spraying at normal blocks would consume no Dust, but spraying a camouflaged block would reveal it at the cost of an entire stack of the Dust, or more.
Posted Image