Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Religion


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
16265 replies to this topic

#1

shairn
    shairn

    T-1000 Moderator

  • Retired Staff
  • 18317 posts
  • Location: The land of maple syrup and lumberjacks.
  • Minecraft: shairn

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:50 AM

This is a hub for discussing all matters of religion, since it seems to be a prevalent topic here lately.
Please do not make your own topics and keep to this one n-n

Posted Image
Do not wallow do not stall
Time waits for none at all
Your allowance may crawl,
It may fly or even vanish
But none will seem more lavished
Than time lost to all.


Register or log in to remove.

#2

Moviecritic6
  • Location: Something Clever
  • Minecraft: Moviecritic6

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:51 AM

Wait, isn't there already a thread like this?

#3

shairn
    shairn

    T-1000 Moderator

  • Retired Staff
  • 18317 posts
  • Location: The land of maple syrup and lumberjacks.
  • Minecraft: shairn

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:52 AM

I couldn't find it going 7 pages back so I took the liberty of making another one n-n
Plus it can't hurt to begin anew :3

Posted Image
Do not wallow do not stall
Time waits for none at all
Your allowance may crawl,
It may fly or even vanish
But none will seem more lavished
Than time lost to all.


#4

Futhermucker

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:53 AM

Good God there's like 200 threads about this, and arguing with you all is like talking to a wall.
Thirty-five dollars and a six-pack to my name!

#5

Moviecritic6
  • Location: Something Clever
  • Minecraft: Moviecritic6

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:53 AM

shairn said:

I couldn't find it going 7 pages back so I took the liberty of making another one n-n
Plus it can't hurt to begin anew :3
True, if a thread is that old it's not worth it.

#6

Sakyamuni
    Sakyamuni

    Retired Staff

  • Retired Staff
  • 1773 posts
  • Location: Chelsea, United Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:53 AM

The old thread had gotten a little too big and it's good to be able to keep up. I will behave myself more this time in this thread and try not to be so insulting.
He once dreamt that he was a butterfly fluttering here and there. In the dream he had no awareness of his individuality as a person. He was only a butterfly. Suddenly, he awoke and found himself laying there, a person once again. But then he thought to himself, "Was I before a man who dreamt about being a butterfly, or am I now a butterfly who dreams about being a man?"

#7

Si1entSniper
  • Location: Look behind you...

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:54 AM

Why was it I couldn't make one devoted to Q & A? I mean, in this, I see people just arguing over simple matters like, "Why the H--- are you a Christian?!!""Why the H--- are you an Atheist?!!", no offense, it's just too broad for one thread, do you understand?
Done!

#8

shairn
    shairn

    T-1000 Moderator

  • Retired Staff
  • 18317 posts
  • Location: The land of maple syrup and lumberjacks.
  • Minecraft: shairn

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:59 AM

Si1entSniper said:

Why was it I couldn't make one devoted to Q & A? I mean, in this, I see people just arguing over simple matters like, "Why the H--- are you a Christian?!!""Why the H--- are you an Atheist?!!", no offense, it's just too broad for one thread, do you understand?
We can't have 3-4 religion threads hanging around general off-topic. Might as well make a whole section, hm?
It's much cleaner to keep all of this under one thread, sorry n-n

Posted Image
Do not wallow do not stall
Time waits for none at all
Your allowance may crawl,
It may fly or even vanish
But none will seem more lavished
Than time lost to all.


#9

Si1entSniper
  • Location: Look behind you...

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:00 AM

shairn said:

Si1entSniper said:

Why was it I couldn't make one devoted to Q & A? I mean, in this, I see people just arguing over simple matters like, "Why the H--- are you a Christian?!!""Why the H--- are you an Atheist?!!", no offense, it's just too broad for one thread, do you understand?
We can't have 3-4 religion threads hanging around general off-topic. Might as well make a whole section, hm?
It's much cleaner to keep all of this under one thread, sorry n-n
Yes, that does make sense. Besides, until they make a religious section, this is the Minecraft forums. I will live.
Done!

#10

larryandbob

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:18 AM

What is religion?

#11

Alcatraz
    Alcatraz

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:27 AM

Already a topic...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=172525

That's one of the biggest threads in Off Topic how did you miss that?
Posted Image

ProperRaptor said:

If you want to start a proper ­storm, make your trolling subtle. Don't just go "HAHAHA WAT IS A PEANUS GOATSE LOL". Try to show off your controversial political/religious views, or something.

#12

Sakyamuni
    Sakyamuni

    Retired Staff

  • Retired Staff
  • 1773 posts
  • Location: Chelsea, United Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:28 AM

Alcatraz said:

Already a topic...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=172525

That's one of the biggest threads in Off Topic how did you miss that?


Already been said, right above you:

shairn said:

I couldn't find it going 7 pages back so I took the liberty of making another one n-n
Plus it can't hurt to begin anew :3

How did you miss that?
He once dreamt that he was a butterfly fluttering here and there. In the dream he had no awareness of his individuality as a person. He was only a butterfly. Suddenly, he awoke and found himself laying there, a person once again. But then he thought to himself, "Was I before a man who dreamt about being a butterfly, or am I now a butterfly who dreams about being a man?"

#13

shairn
    shairn

    T-1000 Moderator

  • Retired Staff
  • 18317 posts
  • Location: The land of maple syrup and lumberjacks.
  • Minecraft: shairn

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:32 AM

Alcatraz said:

Already a topic...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=172525

That's one of the biggest threads in Off Topic how did you miss that?
For one, it was buried a dozen pages back n-n
The discussion in that thread was dead for a whole week before you posted in it, there's not much point to reviving it.

Posted Image
Do not wallow do not stall
Time waits for none at all
Your allowance may crawl,
It may fly or even vanish
But none will seem more lavished
Than time lost to all.


#14

Si1entSniper
  • Location: Look behind you...

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:40 AM

Should we get on-topic by talking about religion?
Done!

#15

shairn
    shairn

    T-1000 Moderator

  • Retired Staff
  • 18317 posts
  • Location: The land of maple syrup and lumberjacks.
  • Minecraft: shairn

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:42 AM

Si1entSniper said:

Should we get on-topic by talking about religion?
That would be great :3
How do you believe the universe began?
In all honesty, as much as I don't believe in the existence of a god, it seems to me that in order for the universe to begin there has to have been something to create it, since it can't have always been there :o

Posted Image
Do not wallow do not stall
Time waits for none at all
Your allowance may crawl,
It may fly or even vanish
But none will seem more lavished
Than time lost to all.


#16

Sweet Ride
  • Location: USA
  • Minecraft: Sweet_Ride

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:45 AM

shairn said:

Si1entSniper said:

Should we get on-topic by talking about religion?
That would be great :3
How do you believe the universe began?
In all honesty, as much as I don't believe in the existence of a god, it seems to me that in order for the universe to begin there has to have been something to create it, since it can't have always been there :P

*sigh* I guess I'll get into this, for once.

I believe God created the universe, the heavens, the Earth, and everything. I think the Big Bang is complete and utter bullshit, and even besides those two main ideas, there are plenty of other things people believe happened to create such a thing.

Maybe the universe always was, who knows. But I don't think a random explosion could create a universe.

#17

shairn
    shairn

    T-1000 Moderator

  • Retired Staff
  • 18317 posts
  • Location: The land of maple syrup and lumberjacks.
  • Minecraft: shairn

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:48 AM

Sweet Ride said:

*sigh* I guess I'll get into this, for once.

I believe God created the universe, the heavens, the Earth, and everything. I think the Big Bang is complete and utter bullshit, and even besides those two main ideas, there are plenty of other things people believe happened to create such a thing.

Maybe the universe always was, who knows. But I don't think a random explosion could create a universe.
I think the big bang happened, but what puzzles me is what happened before. I can allow for there to exist an immensely dense point that explodes from the pressure, forming the universe, but what was there before that mass? It has to have been created somehow :)
I personally don't believe that any of part of the universe made today was the design of any sentient being, but simply the result of the laws of physics n-n

Posted Image
Do not wallow do not stall
Time waits for none at all
Your allowance may crawl,
It may fly or even vanish
But none will seem more lavished
Than time lost to all.


#18

Kind Polar Bear
  • Location: The Freezer

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:48 AM

I believe the universe always existed. It just keeps looping because of the big bang. Like the planets are separated by the big bang, but throughout time they get closer and closer until another big bang happens and it keeps looping like that.
I'm not too sure if I'm a lurker or someone who posts often enough to be seen as an Otter.

#19

Si1entSniper
  • Location: Look behind you...

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:49 AM

I believe similar to Kepler, who believed God used math to create everything. In that, I also believe he used science, so I will study both to understand God more. I believe he created the Big Bang, I believe he even might've cause Evolution, I just am not so sure about Evolution. I do not condemn science, and as for there being no God, the Cell Theory, all cells come from other cells. That goes for it's parts, thus all must've come from something, something that made it happen without the probability of all this, "It was random" theories.
Done!

#20

Alcatraz
    Alcatraz

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:50 AM

I believe what the Bible says. I believe Atheists make up excuses because they are better than God.
Posted Image

ProperRaptor said:

If you want to start a proper ­storm, make your trolling subtle. Don't just go "HAHAHA WAT IS A PEANUS GOATSE LOL". Try to show off your controversial political/religious views, or something.