Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

one button click = 64 blocks


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1

rebio
    rebio

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:18 PM

So far you have to click 16 times when you want to craft 64 blocks of wooden planks.
When you want to make a 64 stack of wood into sticks you have to click ahack of a lot more.

My idea is simple: When you craft something and you press STRG/CTRL on your keyboard while crafting you get a stack of 64 blocks (or how many you can craft) right away.

When your are asking what the use of this would be: Stop using TooManyItems!

- rebio

Register or log in to remove.

#2

HexZyle
    HexZyle

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 839 posts
  • Location: Repairing my Land Raider Redeemer
  • Minecraft: hexzyle

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:21 PM

That's already in game, before 1.6.3. (Called Shift-Clicking Auto-Craft) Notch temporarily removed it because it was bugging out but he plans to add it again once he has fixed it up, most likely in the 1.8 update.

#3

silentsource

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:22 PM

Just rightclick the planks, then youll get as much planks as you can craft from the wood.

Posted Image


#4

asdfqwerty1248
  • Minecraft: qwertyu63

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:22 PM

Have you tried right-clicking? I think you will be presently surprised if you do.

Posted Image


#5

Vlaeder
    Vlaeder

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:25 PM

View PostCrazyErik, on 12 August 2011 - 12:22 PM, said:

Just rightclick the planks, then youll get as much planks as you can craft from the wood.

I was about to ask if I was the only one that had this occur as if it was a feature, but thankfully I'm not.

Posted Image


#6

rebio
    rebio

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:59 PM

View PostHexZyle, on 12 August 2011 - 12:21 PM, said:

That's already in game, before 1.6.3. (Called Shift-Clicking Auto-Craft) Notch temporarily removed it because it was bugging out but he plans to add it again once he has fixed it up, most likely in the 1.8 update.

The only shift+click method I know is that it gets moved right into your inventory. When you craft stuff, and hold shift while you click you get the stuff you crafted moved right into your inventory. That is still included.

Was that really a auto-craft that you get a full stack (64, 16, or whatever) with one click?

- rebio

#7

rebio
    rebio

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:01 PM

View PostCrazyErik, on 12 August 2011 - 12:22 PM, said:

Just rightclick the planks, then youll get as much planks as you can craft from the wood.

View Postasdfqwerty1248, on 12 August 2011 - 12:22 PM, said:

Have you tried right-clicking? I think you will be presently surprised if you do.

I don't know what you guys are plaing but defenitly not minecraft as it works on my system. Right click is the same as left click.
So no, I'm not surprised and no it ads no additional usage to this problem.

#8

Black_Drath
  • Location: Australia
  • Minecraft: Black_Drath

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:10 PM

View Postrebio, on 12 August 2011 - 01:01 PM, said:

Right click is the same as left click.
i hope u mean only in this situation, otherwise how do u play?
any way its pretty easy to rapid shift left-click to make planks so i see no real need for this feature. might be helpful though.

Posted Image


#9

HexZyle
    HexZyle

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 839 posts
  • Location: Repairing my Land Raider Redeemer
  • Minecraft: hexzyle

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:16 PM

View Postrebio, on 12 August 2011 - 12:59 PM, said:

The only shift+click method I know is that it gets moved right into your inventory. When you craft stuff, and hold shift while you click you get the stuff you crafted moved right into your inventory. That is still included.

Was that really a auto-craft that you get a full stack (64, 16, or whatever) with one click?

- rebio

Yes there was, but the stack of items didn't count towards your statistics so Notch removed it. I've never heard of this right-clicking instant craft though. If that doesnt work, you rapid click BOTH mouse buttons. It's twice as fast as rapid left-clicking. That's what I do nowadays.

#10

rebio
    rebio

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

View PostBlack_Drath, on 12 August 2011 - 01:10 PM, said:

i hope u mean only in this situation, otherwise how do u play?
any way its pretty easy to rapid shift left-click to make planks so i see no real need for this feature. might be helpful though.

I know that there are more you can do with your right mouse button, but this is for the crafting table...

Yeah, it's possibly pretty easy. But it looks as if you have never crafted 3 large chests full for sugar canes to books, have you. But it's not just about that part but rather that you click yourself to deth after some time.

View PostHexZyle, on 12 August 2011 - 01:16 PM, said:

Yes there was, but the stack of items didn't count towards your statistics so Notch removed it. I've never heard of this right-clicking instant craft though. If that doesnt work, you rapid click BOTH mouse buttons. It's twice as fast as rapid left-clicking. That's what I do nowadays.

shift+click so far does also no count to your crafted items anyway so it don't really matters anyway...

I'm actually working with both mouse buttons but that causes a bug. For wood for example you get (when you rapid click right & left mouse button) up to 16 planks in your stats for just 4 regular planks.

#11

asdfqwerty1248
  • Minecraft: qwertyu63

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

I just tested this. I right clicked, and got the desired result.

Posted Image


#12

Eclipse11
    Eclipse11

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 915 posts
  • Location: Somewhere

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:10 PM

Or just right and left click.

#13

assassin10
  • Location: Minecraft

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:26 PM

View Postasdfqwerty1248, on 12 August 2011 - 02:01 PM, said:

I just tested this. I right clicked, and got the desired result.

TooManyItems is doing this! This is not Vanilla!
(Just so everyone can see.)
The Sun rises in the North!
Now these points of data make a beautiful line...

#14

asdfqwerty1248
  • Minecraft: qwertyu63

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:09 PM

View Postassassin10, on 12 August 2011 - 03:26 PM, said:

TooManyItems is doing this! This is not Vanilla!
(Just so everyone can see.)
Oh, OK then. Ignore what I was saying then.

Posted Image


#15

rebio
    rebio

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:50 PM

View Postassassin10, on 12 August 2011 - 03:26 PM, said:

TooManyItems is doing this! This is not Vanilla!
(Just so everyone can see.)

Yes, I know that but: I don't care about TooManyItems I want to play without any mods!!!

#16

Thom
    Thom

    Diamond Miner

  • Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:41 PM

View Postrebio, on 13 August 2011 - 02:50 PM, said:

Yes, I know that but: I don't care about TooManyItems I want to play without any mods!!!
I think that's what he was saying – that the feature is not a solution because it's only in that mod.

#17

Republicrat

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:49 AM

View Postrebio, on 13 August 2011 - 02:50 PM, said:

Yes, I know that but: I don't care about TooManyItems I want to play without any mods!!!
How about installing it anyway, but pressing the "O" key to toggle the interface, that way you could still receive the perks of right-clicking without actually seeing all the items? It'd basically be the same as vanilla Minecraft, just with this feature.

#18

Minecraftube

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:48 AM

That's a handy feature to have.
http://pikture.net for safe searching.

#19

PhantomsCore
  • Location: Black Mesa Desert
  • Minecraft: PhantomsCore
  • Xbox:PhantomsCore

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:57 AM

View PostCrazyErik, on 12 August 2011 - 12:22 PM, said:

Just rightclick the planks, then youll get as much planks as you can craft from the wood.

Thats only with TooManyItems.
Posted Image