How Do i use MCAdmin With Hey0s mod?
Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:27 PM
Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:29 PM
Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:20 PM
Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:46 PM
Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:39 AM
Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:19 AM
*note- You will need WinRAR
Be sure to read everything here!!!
Here are some step by step instructions on how to properly setup an MCAdmin server with the hey0 mod, + bucket fix from the Llama mod.
1. Download the latest files from each source, MCAdmin, hey0, and Llamacraft mods
2. Create a folder on the desktop, name is MCadmin. Extract the files to this folder.
3. Double click on MCAdmin.exe, and it will install the neccessary files. This will open up the server gui. You can close this for the time being. We'll come back to that.
4. Create another folder on the desktop (name it hey0), and extract the hey0 mod files into this folder. We will only need this folder for a minute, so you can delete this one shortly.
5. Open up the hey0 mod folder you just created and put the mod into. dbl click the bin folder within. Right click on the Minecraft_Mod.jar file and open it with WinRAR.
6. From here you want to make sure you have the MCAdmin folder open, and dbl click on the Mods folder. Select ALL of te .class files within the _mod.jar file and drop them into the Mods folder. (You don't need the META-INF folder). You can now close the Mod.jar window. We're done with that folder now.
7. At this point, you want to install the bucket fix. From within the MCAdmin folder, right click the minecraft_server.jar and open it with WinRAR.
8. Open up the Llamacraft file you downloaded, and drop ONLY and ap.class file into the server.jar window. You can close that now.
9. Next, is an important step if you want to server to continue running properly. Within the main MCAdmin folder, hold down alt and drag the MCAdmin.exe to the desktop, creating a shortcut.
10. Right click this shortcut and select Properties. In the "target" window, at the end type in nojarupdate with a space (ie: min.exe" nojarupdate)
This keeps the .jar file from being updated, as that will crash the server.
From here, you are almost ready to run your server. First, using the desktop shorcut, open up the server gui. After it loads, click on "Server props".
A properties window opens and you see several places to make settings changes. ***WARNING- as it says, do NOT edit the server.properties file. use the gui to make changes. You cannot manually enter an IP address in, so hit the auto-detect at the top right. This is going to select your local network IP (192.168.1...) or whatever it is. This is correct. Leave the ports alone since you will be using the default anyway. Everything else should be pretty straight forward. I have my autosave/backup set to 10 minutes. You've had yours at 5 minutes.
11. Next, click on the Player ranks button. add your name here and select the Admin profile, then hid Add/Edit, then add the Ops in the same way. Once done, hit save.
12. next go into Rank config. Here you can change the player name colors. To change them, dbl click on each rank, which will bring the info down to the bottom windows. You can edit the name, level and color here. For the same colors we have now, vip/advbuiler is 3, op is 2, and admin is 4 leave the little "s" lookin thing, it's important. For each change, you need to click on the Add/Edit to save it, then hit save once done.
13. Next, Command levels button. Here you can adjust the different in-game abilities like Kick, Ban, etc to the levels you want them. Pretty obvious.
14. Master server cfg next. This puts your server on the masterlist, and configs the global banlist. Not sure where this gets it's info from, but I haven't seen any difference using or not using either of these.
15. Almost done! before starting up, you need to get back into the MCAdmin folder real quick. You need to open up the Users.txt file and add your name, and the Ops names into here. Below is the example of how to enter in the names (as far as I understand it, without entering specifics)
I have also opened the ops.txt file and added our names there as well to make sure we are set up correctly.
One last change: Open up the messages folder. 3 files are here, which you can add your own messages for all players to see. The Welcome.txt is the file everyone sees when they first login. The MOTD.txt can be used to give specific news or instructions to players and whatever else. Rules.txt is obvious. Limited amount is shown when you type in !rules command. So you cannot put in the full rules listing.
*Note- Each autosave/Backup creates a seperate and new .zip file for the map. It adds up quickly so you'll likely want to keep on eye on the Backups folder in the MCAdmin folder, so it doesn't start filling up your drive.
Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:58 AM
Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:12 AM
Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:12 PM
Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:25 AM
1. create the folder in side mods and name it Hey0, and make sure that you have all the server_mod.jar files extrated to that hey0 folder. also make a plugins folder in the root directory where all the hey0 plugins go.
by the way if none of this works for you, I'll upload a copy of my server with some plugins alreay loaded, so that you can just download and run and start adding in your own plugins.
Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:50 AM
there is the copy of my server, all you need to do is unzip and extra the folder to your desktop and rename the folder to your liking. open the folder and open the mcadmin folder and run mcadmin.exe, edit the server settings because its still set up for my server such as admins and all that. right now its installed with
automatic /who on sign in
anything else you'll need to add in your self via dropping the jar files for plugins into the plugin folder and then editing the mcadmins server properties file in the root dir. you'd add the new name of the plugin to the plugins area seperate all new plugisn with a comma.
Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:27 PM
Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:50 AM
I would assume its almost the same, tho I don't have a mac so icant say for sure.