• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.3]Adventure Map Mods!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: [1.7.3]Adventure Map Mods! (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Which mod should be made next?

1. Real "keys" for doors (18 votes [62.07%])

Percentage of vote: 62.07%

2. Configurable mob spawns (4 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

3. Invisible Walls (7 votes [24.14%])

Percentage of vote: 24.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

niallmcfc

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:56 PM

Hello there! Aren't you looking good? Anyway, onto the topic; Adventure Map Mods. Basically, what I'll be doing here is making a modpack/ collection of mods that aim to make adventure maps more fun to play. At the moment, there are only 2 mods, but in the future I aim to release a whole bunch of 'em! Now, onto the mods

1) Audio Guides (Version 1.1)

Posted Image

Do you find it hard to express yourself via signs? Do people complain that you've attached half a dozen audio files to your map? Then this is for you! It allows you to create 'audio guides' to help your victims subjects through maps. To customise it, replace npcvoice1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 with your own track. Place the records somewhere in the map, and they can be picked up and played through a jukebox. Make sure to save your files as .ogg files (can be done in Audacity) and DO NOT change the names of the files! Download the latest version here!

Recipe: 1 piece of flint, with blue, brown, pink, white or orange to the left, right, top and bottom of it. The corners of the crafting table should have nothing in them

Changelog

Spoiler:

Older Versions
Spoiler:

2) Checkpoint block (Version 1.1)

Posted Image

Do beds not satisfy your adventure map? Want that spawn point changed NOW? Want it changed only when the player's flicked a lever, or put down a redstone torch? Well now you can do all of those things! With the checkpoint block! If it receives power (you have to have the wiring going towards the block) then it'll change the player's spawn point on right click! Great for spawn points that only apply after an objective has been completed! Make sure that the power redstone wiring is set up as in the screenshot, and take note that using beds may mess up the spawn point, but you can remove the bed and it'll work again. Download it here!

Recipe: 4 pieces of iron, leave the middle and corner slots of the crafting table empty.

Changelog
Spoiler:

Older Versions
Spoiler:

Planned items list:

- Redstone-Activated checkpoints (Only set your spawn after turning on the power!)
- Real "keys" for doors (No more using redstone torches as keys!) <--- Working on this now
- Configurable mob spawns (Get rid of creepers, don't just play the map on peaceful)
- Invisible Walls (Stop your adventurers going where they shouldn't!)
- Configure which blocks can be destroyed (Only remove clay etc.) {Suggested by darkmaker54}

This document is Copyright ©2011 Niall Stevenson a.k.a niallmcfc and is the intellectual property of the author. It may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use as long as it remains in its unaltered, unedited form. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Use of this mod on any other website or as a part of any public display is strictly prohibited, and a violation of copyright.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

garrakha
    garrakha

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

FIRST REPLY! :D, anyway great idea i will love it when more come out
Posted Image

Moonster
  • Minecraft: Moonster

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

That is a great idea! i was actually planning on making some mods like this some time, but i got busy. :D hope to see more from this, it will be awesome!
Posted Image

combyourhaircat

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:04 PM

Anything like AdventureCraft? http://www.minecraft...-textures-r977/
;)

niallmcfc

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:12 PM

Thanks Moonster and Garrakha for your replies and encouragement :)

View Postcombyourhaircat, on 08 August 2011 - 08:04 PM, said:

Anything like AdventureCraft? http://www.minecraft...-textures-r977/

I guess you could liken it to AdventureCraft, but personally I've found AdventureCraft to be complicated to set up and make maps in, whereas I'm going to try to make this a close to original map making, but with extra things added in. I'm also adding things that aren't in AdventureCraft, as far as I can tell.

Posted Image

combyourhaircat

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:44 AM

View Postniallmcfc, on 08 August 2011 - 08:12 PM, said:

Thanks Moonster and Garrakha for your replies and encouragement :)

I guess you could liken it to AdventureCraft, but personally I've found AdventureCraft to be complicated to set up and make maps in, whereas I'm going to try to make this a close to original map making, but with extra things added in. I'm also adding things that aren't in AdventureCraft, as far as I can tell.

I understand AdventureCraft feels so different from minecraft its barely a mod. I didnt mean to sound discouraging your mod sounds great  :lol:
;)

niallmcfc

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:44 AM

View Postcombyourhaircat, on 09 August 2011 - 01:44 AM, said:

I understand AdventureCraft feels so different from minecraft its barely a mod. I didnt mean to sound discouraging your mod sounds great  :lol:

Thanks :) I was originally just going to do the one, but I thought I'd do loads instead :lol:

Update Note: I've been working on the checkpoint, and setting a block to change your spawn on right click is a real pain in the ass. If I can't get any further on it tomorrow, I'll start on the keys mod.

As always, any mod suggestions (particularly simple but effective ones) are appreciated!

Posted Image

niallmcfc

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:41 PM

Hooray! Update! Checkpoint blocks now work perfectly! See the main post for more details and a screenshot!

Posted Image

niallmcfc

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:20 PM

Shameless bump, but I have discovered the apparently if you DESTROY the bed, then you'll spawn at the checkpoint block. If you've used it.

Posted Image

darkmaker54
  • Minecraft: darkmaker54

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:19 PM

Hey niallmcfc, I have a quick request.

Could you create a mod that enables and disables breaking blocks through an external config file? Because every single map I've seen played has been cheated on by the player, even though the rules usually say no breaking blocks.

It would be cool if, as well as enabling/disabling all blocks, you could enable/disable categories of blocks, such as Natural or Man-made. To be extremely customizable, you could put each individual block as its own toggle in the config.

I have no idea how difficult this may be, but Cryect's done enabling/disabling in-game in AdventureCraft. This is just with a config.

If you don't want to make a config, you could always just make a mod that disables everything except clay blocks, or something, after you install it, for installation by the player, not the builder. I know I've seen something similar before.

Thanks for reading and considering!  :Diamond: for your mods, I can't wait to see the rest!
Posted Image

niallmcfc

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:36 PM

View Postdarkmaker54, on 17 August 2011 - 05:19 PM, said:

Hey niallmcfc, I have a quick request.

Could you create a mod that enables and disables breaking blocks through an external config file? Because every single map I've seen played has been cheated on by the player, even though the rules usually say no breaking blocks.

It would be cool if, as well as enabling/disabling all blocks, you could enable/disable categories of blocks, such as Natural or Man-made. To be extremely customizable, you could put each individual block as its own toggle in the config.

I have no idea how difficult this may be, but Cryect's done enabling/disabling in-game in AdventureCraft. This is just with a config.

If you don't want to make a config, you could always just make a mod that disables everything except clay blocks, or something, after you install it, for installation by the player, not the builder. I know I've seen something similar before.

Thanks for reading and considering!  :Diamond: for your mods, I can't wait to see the rest!

I could definitely look into that. From what I know, it doesn't seem that hard to do, but I've (often) been wrong before, heh. The biggest challenge will be the config file, but I need to get round to that anyway.

Posted Image

ReviveMyLive

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:09 PM

Cool
Posted Image

niallmcfc

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:43 PM

Major update: Mods will now make a properties file when you run Minecraft. Use file to prevent ID conflicts. Check the main post for the new link!

Posted Image

garrakha
    garrakha

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:40 AM

OK I LOVE THIS MOD ITS FREAKIN AWESOME I LOVE IT THANKS!!!!! :D
Posted Image

crazy jackel

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:37 PM

nial looks like great mods
people there cant be a epic war without a army of people so come on and join the cross war at crosscraft

crazy jackel

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

niallmcfc come to the pm breifly please
people there cant be a epic war without a army of people so come on and join the cross war at crosscraft