• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Fell through hole in bedrock, please help.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

gabeco
    gabeco

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:45 AM

so, i made a mining shaft down to the bottom of the earth,and found some bedrock, so i started diggin around t, and noticed a little patch of reg rock that went particularly far down. i decided to dig in it, and ended up falling in an infinite hole. my character keeps making the o. o. o. sounds and my hearts are flashing like im taking damage but im not. i tried taking off my armor but i still wont die. can anyone help me get out of this under-bedrock infihole of doom?

CURSE YOU  :) !!!

Register or log in to remove.

averad
    averad

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:25 AM

Logout and back in
Posted Image

gabeco
    gabeco

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:38 AM

tried that

Rakkars
    Rakkars

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:13 AM

Are you playing single player or multiplayer?

WiseMarosis said:

who the hell makes castles in minecraft.
Posted Image

Truestep
    Truestep

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Location: Willamette watershed, Oregon, Pacific Rim, Sol 3, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way.

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:20 AM

gabeco said:

. . . my character keeps making the o. o. o. sounds and my hearts are flashing like im taking damage but im not. . . .

Falling through one of those holes is supposed to kill you. The only reason I can think of to explain what you describe is that you might have your difficulty level set to "Peaceful."

If my guess is correct, you can change your difficulty to any of the other settings, including "Easy," and that will allow your character to die and respawn. Then you can change the difficulty back to "Peaceful" if you prefer.
Optimized controls: A-sneak, E-forward, D-back, S-left, F-right, H-haze(fog), C-craft(inventory)
Guide to finding updated video drivers

gabeco
    gabeco

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:22 AM

im on singleplayer, and i tried setting it to hard, easy, and normal, and I still dont lose life, the o. o. o. sounds just come faster now.

Mukatsuku

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:45 PM

Not the best solution, but you could overwrite your current level.dat file with a level.dat from a different save. This file contains things like your inventory, so that will be overwritten, but I think it also contains the coordinates of where you are in that world.
I would recommend backing up your current level.dat first.