[MOD][WIP] Dino Fossil Mod (v0.00.3)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

blueblob0
  • Minecraft: blueblob0

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:57 PM

THE DINO FOSSIL MOD

Check out the Full version Here:
(http://www.minecraft...eminecraft-mod/)

This mod provides randomly generated Dinosaur fossil parts (Skull, Claw, Ribs, Big Bone and Tail). The Mod Implements a new Pickaxe the Fossil pickaxe  which lets you mine the fossils Block, and the brush which lets you get the fossil item from the block. The parts can then be crafted together to make a dinosaur statue that can be placed outside your house as a decorative item.

So far i have made the blocks and the first set of parts that can be mined from them which based on velociraptor parts. I have also made the Fossil pickaxe and i am currently working on the velociraptor display block. Below are some images.

a New Mob has been added it is an old fossil hunter who Hates anyone who is looking for Fossils and will attack you if you have a Fossil Pickaxe or a Dino bone item in your hand to stop you from getting fossils and to get your fossils.

NEW PART

the Fossils will now be able to be crafted into armor with different powers relating to the dinosaur e.g. velociraptors speed and t-rex's strength

NEW PART

The mod requires mod loader to work so that it will not conflict with other mods.

The mod is currently version 0.00.3 If you would like to download its current version vote in the Poll

A Display of the current blocks

Posted Image

Displaying each of the Dino bone items and the fossil brush in my hand.

[Posted Image

Some Dino fossil Legs randomly generated in a dungeon

Posted Image

http://adf.ly/2I7Y7 (pre-release version)
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

MrKaos
    MrKaos

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Minecraft: Mrkaos24

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

That sounds really cool, if you get it working make sure you post some pics
Posted Image

blueblob0

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:11 PM

View PostMrKaos, on 05 August 2011 - 03:00 PM, said:

That sounds really cool, if you get it working make sure you post some pics

Thanks

I will get some pics up either later today or tomorrow the blocks and parts and pickaxe work but they don't make anything at the moment  xD
Posted Image

blueblob0

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:58 AM

Pictures are up  enjoy
Posted Image

MrKaos
    MrKaos

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Minecraft: Mrkaos24

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:18 PM

Nice! If I may make a suggestion perhaps you could craft the "Fossil Pickaxe" with bones replacing the wood/stone/iron of a normal pickaxe
Posted Image

blueblob0

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:51 PM

new mob pictures will be up soon
Posted Image

artic_creeper
  • Location: snow biome, converting the creepers i find at night to artic_creepers so they don't greif
  • Minecraft: artic_creeper

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:35 AM

if you need any i could help with some textures, i also think you could find tar-pits with fossils always near them, the would be rare though. also plesiosaur (long-neck and short) fossils, like elasmosaurus, mosasaur, leopluridon(yeah i spelt it wrong and some things up ahead too) and shanoi(which is acually a icthiosaur not a plesiosaur). others may be muttaburrasaurus, dwaft allosaurus, ceoliophissis, stegosaurus, brachiosaurus, diploducus... better stop now, but you get the point, also you should have fossils in sand in deserts. remember ask me if you want me to help or you think i had any ideas that are accualy original because im certain someone has already got some of that stuff posted or in a mod. but any way i hoped you likey  :D

Posted Image