jacobems
    jacobems

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Minecraft: jacobems

Posted 20 September 2011 - 04:51 AM

View PostOnionKnight, on 14 October 2010 - 03:00 PM, said:

I'm using a Dell Latitute D620, running Windows XP Professional 32x, using the Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset Family.  I've updated my drivers, updated my Java, Followed your guide and the guide located here:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.minecraft...t=39953</a><!-- l -->

And I still receive the error.  Help?
ok try this:go to control panel. go to display. click settings. go to advanced. click troubleshooting. move it to the third lowest setting. done!
I support a coalition of action against #NSA surveillance. Join me – ask US Congress to stop the NSA's alleged actions: stopwatching.us

Register or log in to remove.

Belzera
    Belzera

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:03 PM

Thank you for this, you allowed me to play minecraft on this laptop [rather than my girlfriends laptop] However can I recommend that you edit this line

and browse to the directory you extracted the drivers to earlier, in here you should find a file that matches the one you are looking for, double click this.

to

and browse to the directory you extracted the drivers to earlier, in here you should find an .inf file that matches the one you are looking for, double click this.

Makes it clearer as I didn't realise I needed to click an .inf file

neversummer84

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:57 PM

View PostBelzera, on 22 September 2011 - 07:03 PM, said:

ok try this:go to control panel. go to display. click settings. go to advanced. click troubleshooting. move it to the third lowest setting. done!

My work laptop is a Dell Latitude D820 with a 945GM card, and I got the Open GL error when trying to run Minecraft.  The driver suggestion by the OP did not work, but the suggestion to change the slider in troubleshooting did work.

TheBrewinator

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

It works!  This guy is a genius!

I was using my Dell D620 and installed with the .inf in Graphics options.
OnionKnight, I had the same problem, but I restarted the computer and it worked.