Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft is a trojan? Help!


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1

flawwan
    flawwan

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:18 AM

Whenever I try to start minecraft I get an trojan warning.

So I removed the minecraft.exe from my PC and downloaded the latest installer from minecraft.net, but whenever I try to run it I get an trojan warning.

Posted Image

Translated message:

Process Blocked!

Ad-Watch Live! have prevented the process minecraft.exe(1368) from starting on your computer.
The process have been identified as a Trojan.Win32.Gerneric.pak!cobra


The anti virus program is called Ad-Aware and have been installed since Minecraft Alpha 1.2.6

Thanks for reading.
(Disabling the AV is not an option)

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Tommetje
    Tommetje

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:21 AM

exclude it from your virus scanner.

#3

s79
    s79

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 993 posts
  • Location: The land of Oo
  • Minecraft: s79

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:21 AM

just wondering, could you get a different anti-virus program, I've got windows security center which works fine and i have an anti male-ware program if something does mess up my computer. minecraft just might not be recognized by your security program.
"I didn't eat your cat, but honestly... I wish I had."

#4

LilzDUCK
    LilzDUCK

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 29 posts
  • Location: Wales,
  • Minecraft: LilzDUCK

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:23 AM

Im not sure really, my laptop also somehow had a trojan and i have bullguard security scanner :/ But got it removed quickly. But my nans computer works like a dream, no trojans or anything. So really, im stuck there:S
Posted Image I keep on moving with the lights on(88)

#5

flawwan
    flawwan

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:24 AM

View PostTommetje, on 04 August 2011 - 10:21 AM, said:

exclude it from your virus scanner.

The antivirus has been installed since Minecraft Alpha 1.2.6 so I am clueless  :unsure:

Yeah for the moment I will do that.

#6

ebbal
    ebbal

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:25 AM

Ive got a mac so i avoid shitty problems like these :)

#7

flawwan
    flawwan

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:28 AM

View PostLilzDUCK, on 04 August 2011 - 10:23 AM, said:

Im not sure really, my laptop also somehow had a trojan and i have bullguard security scanner :/ But got it removed quickly. But my nans computer works like a dream, no trojans or anything. So really, im stuck there:S

Im just worried why it picks up Minecraft as a virus.

Maybe :iapprove: did something?`?? :unsure:


View Postebbal, on 04 August 2011 - 10:25 AM, said:

Ive got a mac so i avoid shitty problems like these :)

If you don't want to help, then don't post.

#8

xgaarocha
  • Location: Brasil
  • Minecraft: xgaarocha

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

@ebaal Mac virus DO exist, so you should get an anti-virus before your machine gets infected ;)

@flawwan
Try disabling your AV "passive" defense, wich  is the one that runs on the background  scaning any files that are read/written. You will be able to play Minecraft without needing to uninstall your AV. But, I never heard about this anti-virus, you should get a better one.

Conquer Craft
A mod idea by me


#9

LilzDUCK
    LilzDUCK

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 29 posts
  • Location: Wales,
  • Minecraft: LilzDUCK

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:20 AM

Well, let minecraft run, if you get a trojan dont use it! if you do get a trojan then use the online in browser version (:
Posted Image I keep on moving with the lights on(88)

#10

microkites

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:49 PM

I am getting the same problem- using ad-aware and Avast!

problem is it really is a trojan

I had my email account hacked and had something sending out mass emails in my name

only thing found was a trojan(same one you listed) in minecraft.exe
I hadnt installed or updated either minecraft or my a-v in weeks

then all of a sudden I have this nice trojan!

down loading a new exe file didnt help either- still comes up as a virus

I removed minecraft for now- but not sure what is going on
Posted Image


we need Spawn Control Mod!
please click link-
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=104204

#11

Mattchew
    Mattchew

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

View Postmicrokites, on 04 August 2011 - 01:49 PM, said:

I am getting the same problem- using ad-aware and Avast!

problem is it really is a trojan

I had my email account hacked and had something sending out mass emails in my name

Yup. Mojang aren't really coding minecraft to make money they're doing it to hack your email accounts. Yup, it's true notch coded an entire game just to hack your email account. Minecraft is code for "We'll hack you if you pay money for our game we developed lolz" Even though notch is making tons of money he cares about your email account. yup.

Oh come on, minecraft is hardly a virus. It seriously wouldn't surprise me if you pirated the game. I've had minecraft since alpha and haven't had any problems. The real problem here is that you have crappy internet security.

#12

IsaacSka
    IsaacSka

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Location: Twinleaf Town
  • Minecraft: IsaacSka

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:39 PM

Minecraft is perfectly safe.
Your virus software is being silly.
"Are you OK?"
"I'm dead, shut up."

#13

PerriNitrous
  • Location: London
  • Minecraft: pezmantbh

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

I posted this in another similar thread today...


Quote

It is just a false positive - Possibly related to the Vipre false positive from yesterday (Some anti-virus/malware/adware/spyware programs share signatures). Check the Ad-Aware site for an email address to sent false positives to

Also, Ad-Aware isn't Anti-Virus software - It mostly targets Spyware and Adware... It is designed to suplement a full Anti-Virus software such as Avast or Avira.

Some of it is probably irrelevant for you,  but nonetheless explains it a little and a possible way to fix it :)

#14

microkites

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:20 AM

View PostMattchew, on 04 August 2011 - 01:56 PM, said:

Yup. Mojang aren't really coding minecraft to make money they're doing it to hack your email accounts. Yup, it's true notch coded an entire game just to hack your email account. Minecraft is code for "We'll hack you if you pay money for our game we developed lolz" Even though notch is making tons of money he cares about your email account. yup.

Oh come on, minecraft is hardly a virus. It seriously wouldn't surprise me if you pirated the game. I've had minecraft since alpha and haven't had any problems. The real problem here is that you have crappy internet security.

obviously I dont think Mojang did it- and I have been playing it waaay before alpha

someone most likely infected the minecraft exe with a trojan

but the weird thing to me is, I hadnt changed anything on minecraft or my av software

I could understand if it was a false virus report- but I really do have a virus and it only points to minecraft exe

dunno, but as of right now I cant play- was hoping there was a solution
Posted Image


we need Spawn Control Mod!
please click link-
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=104204

#15

jhart22
    jhart22

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 397 posts
  • Location: Oklahoma

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:29 AM

Just exclude the exe from you AV block list.
Posted Image

#16

kevin4460
  • Location: Massachusetts
  • Minecraft: kevin4460
  • Xbox:kevykxbox

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:34 AM

It's marked as a virus because LulzSec had a go at Mojang, Anti-virus would just assume Minecraft is a virus because of that.
(Source is time magazine, literally says "Minecraft" in the list of things LulzSec has attacked)

Psst. Go Linux, it's 99.9% less likely to get a virus then windows!

Posted Image
Imperator - Augustus


#17

NinjaCatStudios

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:44 AM

How can we fix it?
Posted Image

#18

techmaster21
  • Minecraft: techmaster21

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:00 AM

View Postebbal, on 04 August 2011 - 10:25 AM, said:

Ive got a mac so i avoid shitty problems like these :)

Yes, because no one cares to code viruses for macs. But you do realize that they have found now that if you did get a virus that it can blow up your battery if you are on a Macbook? Yeah.... And if Mac were to gain sudden popularity, It would be the single most virus ridden OS ever.

View Postflawwan, on 04 August 2011 - 10:18 AM, said:

Whenever I try to start minecraft I get an trojan warning.

So I removed the minecraft.exe from my PC and downloaded the latest installer from minecraft.net, but whenever I try to run it I get an trojan warning.

Posted Image

Translated message:

Process Blocked!

Ad-Watch Live! have prevented the process minecraft.exe(1368) from starting on your computer.
The process have been identified as a Trojan.Win32.Gerneric.pak!cobra


The anti virus program is called Ad-Aware and have been installed since Minecraft Alpha 1.2.6

Thanks for reading.
(Disabling the AV is not an option)

Uninstall Ad-Watch, or google how to exclude a program from it.

My anti-virus advice based on experience and computer knowledge, Have Avast running all the time. If you start having problems or suspect there is a virus on your computer, I do not recommend scanning using avast. Avast is best at real time protection. Use MalwareBytes and use quick scan(or full scan if the quick scan doesnt find anything, and you are sure there is a virus somewhere) and SpyBot Search and Destroy To get everything else. I haven't had a virus yet hide from these things. Viruses are bad, but can be quickly and easily resolved if you use this method.

#19

PerriNitrous
  • Location: London
  • Minecraft: pezmantbh

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:38 AM

View Postkevin4460, on 05 August 2011 - 01:34 AM, said:

It's marked as a virus because LulzSec had a go at Mojang, Anti-virus would just assume Minecraft is a virus because of that.
Incorrect ;)


View PostNinjaCatStudios, on 05 August 2011 - 01:44 AM, said:

How can we fix it?
You need to contact Lavasoft and inform them of their error :)

#20

Cardboard_Roof
  • Minecraft: Cardboard_Roof

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:22 PM

View PostMattchew, on 04 August 2011 - 01:56 PM, said:

Yup. Mojang aren't really coding minecraft to make money they're doing it to hack your email accounts. Yup, it's true notch coded an entire game just to hack your email account. Minecraft is code for "We'll hack you if you pay money for our game we developed lolz" Even though notch is making tons of money he cares about your email account. yup.

I actually had a lol to myself after reading this

View PostLady_Foxface, on 08 December 2011 - 12:33 AM, said:

I really have no idea how to do anything except break things down into little blocks, build a line of dirt and die.