• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

(16x,32x,64x)(1.7) Dokucraft, The Saga Continues.

• Please log in to reply
29743 replies to this topic

RawRxFuZioNzZ

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

View PostMetatron, on 18 January 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

I will just drop it here, if you haven't seen it already.

http://dokucraftsc.p...hread=77&page=1

Thanks WantedRobot!
Shame i cant read, i think its the secret project me and wanted have been working on :P

Register or log in to remove.

Rovan3011
  • Minecraft: Rovan2008

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

View Postkerii, on 18 January 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

I have many things I'd like to say about this move to a website... but I'll hold my tongue. I made a thread prior the forums being set out and several us came up with a list of what needed to be done to fix the fragmented state of this pack... and honestly little to none of it has been done. Website or no, the fragmentation and degradation will continue.

What do you mean by "fragmentation and degradation"? This texture pack seems to be doing the opposite of that. It's always growing and having new textures added to it.

View PostBalthasarx, on 18 January 2013 - 10:00 PM, said:

Please  don't argue folks, and have some rain, snow, vignette, and tunnel.
Spoiler:

What are these textures used for?? I've always wondered that...

Posted Image

Balthasarx

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

View PostRovan3011, on 19 January 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

What are these textures used for?? I've always wondered that...

Rain and snow occur during well rain and snow. I'm not sure how to describe the vignette. The tunnel I am unsure of since the particle field is what goes to the end and back.
Posted Image

MagicMumbo
  • Minecraft: MethodInside
  • Xbox:lol consoles :P

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

View PostRovan3011, on 19 January 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

What do you mean by "fragmentation and degradation"? This texture pack seems to be doing the opposite of that. It's always growing and having new textures added to it.

It's the old thing of "too many cooks spoils the broth"... Its good that there are alot of people who help out and add to the pack but everybody has their style and although it may "fit" the style of the pack but over time you may end up with something thats become diluted because everyone just rehashes the same diamond block over and over even tho the one we have is perfect. So you end up with some items having lots of support while others are almost ignored in the same way some mods are fully supported and some are not.
I am (as is FTWBurn) updating the textures i have for the tekkit support pack which uses 1.2.5 mods to work for FTB which uses 1.4.6 mods. I'm only reformatting the item sheets and adding the missing textures but I'm sure that if everyone who uses this forum did the same there would be a lot of mismatched items owing to the fact that everyone has their own style, speed and skill and it wouldn't be too long before you had 10+ different versions of some items while some were ignored.

I think thats what kerri may be saying (IMO) but tell me if I'm wrong.

View PostBalthasarx, on 19 January 2013 - 01:15 AM, said:

Rain and snow occur during well rain and snow. -(lol)- I'm not sure how to describe the vignette. The tunnel I am unsure of since the particle field is what goes to the end and back.

The vignette its whats added the the screen. its what makes the corners darker...
See for more info http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Vignetting
I was going to say some prophetic words of wisdom but I couldn't be botherd so I posted the above
Posted Image

Rovan3011
  • Minecraft: Rovan2008

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

View PostMagicMumbo, on 19 January 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:

It's the old thing of "too many cooks spoils the broth"... Its good that there are alot of people who help out and add to the pack but everybody has their style and although it may "fit" the style of the pack but over time you may end up with something thats become diluted because everyone just rehashes the same diamond block over and over even tho the one we have is perfect. So you end up with some items having lots of support while others are almost ignored in the same way some mods are fully supported and some are not.
I am (as is FTWBurn) updating the textures i have for the tekkit support pack which uses 1.2.5 mods to work for FTB which uses 1.4.6 mods. I'm only reformatting the item sheets and adding the missing textures but I'm sure that if everyone who uses this forum did the same there would be a lot of mismatched items owing to the fact that everyone has their own style, speed and skill and it wouldn't be too long before you had 10+ different versions of some items while some were ignored.

I think thats what kerri may be saying (IMO) but tell me if I'm wrong.

The vignette its whats added the the screen. its what makes the corners darker...
See for more info http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Vignetting

Alright cool, that makes a lot more sense now.

Edit: Okay, so I'm working on a 64x Zombie Villager because I got bored with the normal villagers, and I have a question. Here's the WIP so far: Posted Image
As far as I can tell the top part with the regular zombie head doesn't need to be textured, and I can ignore it; however I just want to make sure that I'm not missing anything important if I don't texture it.

Posted Image

PaladinPete

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

Texture Pack A
• The "Dokucraft - The Saga Continues 1.4.6  - High.zip" texture pack (which was downloaded from dokucraftsc.proboards.com) is about 6.68 MB

Texture Pack B
• The "Dokucraft - The Saga Continues 1.4.6  - High.zip" texture pack (which was downloaded from www.minecraftforum.net) is also about 6.68 MB

Texture Pack C
• The "DokuCraft - The Saga Continues 1.4.6 High.zip" texture pack (which was dwnloaded from www.planetminecraft.com) is about 16.2 MB

The two texture packs that are about 6.68 MB seem to be identical and do not give any errors that I have noticed.  When using the much large texture pack though, my console first receives this error message (no crash though):

2013-01-18 15:02:50 [INFO] [STDOUT] Skipping bad option: enableVsync:true
2013-01-18 15:02:50 [INFO] [STDERR] org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid value (1281)
2013-01-18 15:02:50 [INFO] [STDERR]  at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Util.java:59)
2013-01-18 15:02:50 [INFO] [STDERR]  at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsContextImplementation.setSwapInterval(WindowsContextImplementation.java:113)
2013-01-18 15:02:50 [INFO] [STDERR]  at org.lwjgl.opengl.ContextGL.setSwapInterval(ContextGL.java:232)
2013-01-18 15:02:50 [INFO] [STDERR]  at org.lwjgl.opengl.DrawableGL.setSwapInterval(DrawableGL.java:86)
2013-01-18 15:02:50 [INFO] [STDERR]  at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.setSwapInterval(Display.java:1117)
2013-01-18 15:02:50 [INFO] [STDERR]  at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.setVSyncEnabled(Display.java:1130)
2013-01-18 15:02:50 [INFO] [STDERR]  at ast.updateVSync(GameSettings.java:2638)
2013-01-18 15:02:50 [INFO] [STDERR]  at ast.a(GameSettings.java:1969)
2013-01-18 15:02:50 [INFO] [STDERR]  at cpw.mods.fml.client.registry.KeyBindingRegistry.uploadKeyBindingsToGame(KeyBindingRegistry.java:185)
2013-01-18 15:02:50 [INFO] [STDERR]  at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:224)
2013-01-18 15:02:50 [INFO] [STDERR]  at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:456)
2013-01-18 15:02:50 [INFO] [STDERR]  at asq.a(SourceFile:56)
2013-01-18 15:02:50 [INFO] [STDERR]  at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:744)
2013-01-18 15:02:50 [INFO] [STDERR]  at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

My console then gets spammed, roughly 42-57 times per second (taken from a small sample of the log...yes I actually counted), the following error message:

2013-01-18 15:02:51 [INFO] [STDOUT] ########## GL ERROR ##########
2013-01-18 15:02:51 [INFO] [STDOUT] @ Pre render
2013-01-18 15:02:51 [INFO] [STDOUT] 1281: Invalid value

Seems the texture pack from Planet Minecraft has some weird VSync bug contained within it?  I really don't know unfortunately.  I was hoping someone could investigate this?

Also, I ask again about the inconsistency concerning the "Dokucraft High" texture pack?  Why is one texture pack larger than the other two?  Not to mention the textures found in "Texture Pack A" and "Texture Pack B" (both are identical) do not match those found in "Texture Pack C."  -Am I correct to think that the larger texture pack is the one that is most up to date?

MagicMumbo

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

View PostPaladinPete, on 19 January 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

-snip-

I would use the packs from http://minecraftcust... Saga Continues
As for the size difference this could be that "pack C" contains Mod Texture Pack addons hence the size difference. I also assume that your are using MCPatcher/OptiFine to as I'm sure you may need it for some features to work (I may be wrong about "needing" MCP/Opti). As far as the wall of error goes I can't help there as I don't understand it. I hope this helps somewhat...
I was going to say some prophetic words of wisdom but I couldn't be botherd so I posted the above
Posted Image

PaladinPete

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

View PostMagicMumbo, on 19 January 2013 - 04:32 AM, said:

I would use the packs from http://minecraftcust... Saga Continues
As for the size difference this could be that "pack C" contains Mod Texture Pack addons hence the size difference. I also assume that your are using MCPatcher/OptiFine to as I'm sure you may need it for some features to work (I may be wrong about "needing" MCP/Opti). As far as the wall of error goes I can't help there as I don't understand it. I hope this helps somewhat...

I'm using MultiMC as my launcher and yes, Optifine is one of the mods I am using.  I will take a look at the customizer.  Thanks :)

DrRedstoner
  • Minecraft: DrRedstoner

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

View PostPaladinPete, on 19 January 2013 - 04:36 AM, said:

I'm using MultiMC as my launcher and yes, Optifine is one of the mods I am using.  I will take a look at the customizer.  Thanks Posted Image

Are you running PlayClaw? Because when I run it I get similar errors.

Posted Image  
Build a noob a fire and he is warm for a day.

Set a noob on fire and you are warm for about five minutes, but it is much more satisfying

MagicMumbo

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

View PostDrRedstoner, on 19 January 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

Are you running PlayClaw? Because when I run it I get similar errors.
I hates PlayClaw I used it before I tried FRAPS. PlayClaw does not play well with a lot of games I own and if I record i drop from over 60fps down to 20 or less. I know why people like Fraps more
Posted Image

MagicMumbo

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

View Postkerii, on 19 January 2013 - 05:15 AM, said:

If you really need me to define things for you, then sure I'll play the bad guy.
-snip-

Having an "opinion" does not make you a "bad guy" It simply means that you have 'A love for' or 'Passion' for what you do, think and believe. And what is wrong with that? NOTHING at all...
Posted Image

PaladinPete

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

View PostMagicMumbo, on 19 January 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

I hates PlayClaw I used it before I tried FRAPS. PlayClaw does not play well with a lot of games I own and if I record i drop from over 60fps down to 20 or less. I know why people like Fraps more

I've actually never heard of PlayClaw before, but I have heard of FRAPS.  But yeah, I'm not using either of these programs lol.  If you would like, I can put up a spoiler box detailing the mods I am currently using?  Would that help figure out where that error might be coming from?

HienkyakuX

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

PM pack have some mod supports the OP do not include some bug fixes that have not been corrected on the OP like the witch texture fix I posted some time ago and the priest.  (still broken on the other zips) up to date TMI (to many items) since it's only 1 file,  animated textures (terrain & mobs) and random mod support (this last one is the one taking the most space).

Don't see anything else that is dif; maybe to many animation/random textures per mobs (like zombies) for the ram allowed to the game?

HienkyakuX

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

hmm I was talking about that guy with the game crash; think your talking about the forum or you lost me there.

PaladinPete

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

Oh I never actually experienced any game crash from using the texture pack...it was just something I noticed in my MultiMC console while the game was running.  Another thing is that I have 4 GB of ram allocated as well.

JetStorm
    JetStorm

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 601 posts
  • Minecraft: JetstormLP

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

View PostPaladinPete, on 19 January 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

-snip-

the logs suggest that you are using outdate lwjgl libraries.
http://www.minecraft....net/wiki/LWJGL
go there and follow what it says to update the libraries. Once you do that, try using the problematic pack again. Still have problems, redownload that pack and test again.

Duru
    Duru

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 586 posts
  • Minecraft: Dururaf

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

View PostMetatron, on 18 January 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

I will just drop it here, if you haven't seen it already.

http://dokucraftsc.p...hread=77&page=1

Thanks WantedRobot!

...I don't have permission. Why is that? :|

View Postkerii, on 19 January 2013 - 05:15 AM, said:

If you really need me to define things for you, then sure I'll play the bad guy.

Fragmentation:
We have three or more download sources available for the 32x packs that are all maintained by a different person and all different. Worse still all are lacking in one way or another. Not to mention the "best" iteration of this pack is probably the Fyre UK which isn't even properly made for regular game play. We have a 16x pack with people begging for textures, and a 64x pack being started that rides the line of whether or not it's even still Doku's style per texture. Finally the Mod Support varies and was never properly maintained. (I can admit that is more the costumizer not being able to keep up, but that's a different argument)

Degradation:
Through the progression some people decided that we shouldn't further the pack as a continuation of Doku's work and started branching it to other things. Thus you see the rise of "mix" packs like Panda. While not bad in design they do not match what a continuation is. (I've made that argument a long long time ago, so I'll leave it there.) I agree it is "hard to nearly impossible" to make textures for everything that retains Doku's style as we are not him, but for sake of calling it a continuation we should at least try.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad someone stepped forward to make a proper website, but there are many other things that require attention before that.

You raise good points, Kerii. Especially the second one. I'm glad you brought this up.

1. Fragmentation: True, the pack has become too fragmented. I'd say a proper website can be the solution to such a problem, but collecting all the versions in one place. I'd rather this website REPLACE our current customiser page, not add yet another outlet to downloading the pack. I wouldn't say it's as big of an issue as:

2. Degradation: I wouldn't call Panda's mix an "official" version of the pack. It's a great pack, but there's a reason it's not featured in the OP.  Personally I'm more concerned with the 3 default packs as well as the PMC version. They need a serious reworking in terms of aesthetic and theme. Mostly colour balance changes. Doku's pack works so well because all the textures FIT together in regards to palette and style.

On the other hand, many amazing textures have made it into the pack. The fire animation, some of the paintings, many of the mobs, the custom colours and CTM work... We just need to STOP for a bit and polish what we already have, for the good of the pack. I'd be willing to help.

Oh, and I just want to say how amazing your enderchest is. I hope it makes it into the main 3 packs. I know it's going into Dokucraft Lush! (In regards to my pack and the frgamentation issue, I'd argue that My pack and Wanted's pack don't contribute to this problem because they're alternative themes that don't necessarily match the core 3 packs, which is intentional. I'd say they have a good reason to exist)

Posted Image

PaladinPete

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

View PostJetStorm, on 19 January 2013 - 06:45 AM, said:

the logs suggest that you are using outdate lwjgl libraries.
http://www.minecraft....net/wiki/LWJGL
go there and follow what it says to update the libraries. Once you do that, try using the problematic pack again. Still have problems, redownload that pack and test again.

I've actually had MultiMC update my LWJGL to 2.8.4

Handsome_Dan

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

[These probably aren't the most needed things right now, but I thought I would share.]

While I was looking through Doku's old thread, I saw a few things I liked in his earlier screenshots, but I was unable to find any textures for them. One of them was his glowstone lamp (that I tried to re-create).

Light:
Posted Image Posted Image

Then I tried making the other flavors...
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I also found some contributions in the old thread for "powered rails" that I found interesting:

Posted Image - twiztidsinz  Posted Image - hampamatta

It also inspired me to create some rails (for dark):

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some cauldron alts I made (mainly for dark):

Clawed/Plain

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also tried to simplify and make my old enchanting table a bit better and came up with this:

Posted Image

Though, I did make a few alts:

Extra Trim/Runed/Double Skull
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I guess you can mix & match what you want, if any.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then lastly, (I'm not sure if I've posted these or not), here are some enderframes:
(note that the wooden square in the lower right corner is excess.)

Dark/High/Alts

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Hopefully that wasn't too terrible to look through..

Posted Image

Joshofsouls1993
  • Minecraft: XJoshofsoulsX

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

Hey guys, I hope this isn't at too bad of a time, but I was hoping for a bit of assistance.
I wanted to try my hand at making some Doku styled textures for the lantern mod, but because I've only got a small amount of talent as a texture maker, I really don't know how to resize things properly.

So I was hoping someone could assist me in resizing these textures to the proper sizes so that I could take a crack at throwing something together with the bits and bobbles I've been saving from this thread.

Spoiler:

Posted Image

<RECENTLY UPDATED!>