• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

(16x,32x,64x)(1.7) Dokucraft, The Saga Continues.

• Please log in to reply
29772 replies to this topic

Hickerydickery

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:19 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Scaipy
    Scaipy

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:23 PM

POPULAR

Please do this, I do not want this board to once again be filled with tons of Doku remixes, and I think that the majority of people here don't either.
Great texture packs to check out: Jolicraft 16x, SummerFields 32x, Dokucraft 32x
Posted Image

TipTopToby
  • Minecraft: TipTopToby

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:34 PM

Sounds like a good idea, hopefully people will help.

PhanTango
  • Minecraft: PhanTango

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:36 PM

POPULAR

I think the best option is to have 1 dedicated thread, where everyone posts their textures, which could all be uploaded onto the minecraft customiser.

dist7action
  • Minecraft: dist7action

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:48 PM

View PostPhanTango, on 30 July 2011 - 02:36 PM, said:

I think the best option is to have 1 dedicated thread, where everyone posts their textures, which could all be uploaded onto the minecraft customiser.

I could not agree more.

Minecraft Alpha-Knight Since May 2010
Posted Image
Posted Image

Firedog118
  • Minecraft: Firedog118

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:51 PM

View PostPhanTango, on 30 July 2011 - 02:36 PM, said:

Yes I think it should definitely be a community thing, of course people would be entitled to do their own remixes, but this could be a sort of "central" pack.

XSSheep
    XSSheep

Creeper Destroyer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 5713 posts
  • Minecraft: XSSheep

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:00 PM

Well I already said I would make textures for the pack when there were updates but I can probably make some ones that haven't been textured yet (such as cake, flavour specific gui, etc.)

I'd be glad to help whenever we get the thread up and running!

Posted Image

Duru
    Duru

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 586 posts
  • Minecraft: Dururaf

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:01 PM

Sounds great! I'll gladly contribute- I'm going to try and make a servicable iron armour out of the Skeleton's armour. I'm also working on texturing the Better Than Wolves mod- I'm about 25% done after a day or two of work.

Spoiler:

Will alternatives to existing texutures be welcome? I have this lovely low-contrast versions of the current pack I've been working on, with stuff that people have often requested- such at one-bladed axes, the old sidegrass dirt and smoother stone. It has a much lusher feel than the original, I think. (This screenie is slightly out of date and doesn't include all the changes)

Spoiler:

I also have a compilation of paintings that fits the theme of the pack- I'm currently trying to get permissions to upload them.

Spoiler:

So... Is this going to be a centralised pack in the OP with different submissions put into alt folders in the .Zip, or are we going to use the customiser?

Posted Image

MasterGlink

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:05 PM

Perhaps have it be like a community effort contest? Have people submit texture samples for a particular topic (zombie, iron armor, etc.) and have the community vote and comment on which is the best and most fitting. Then that texture becomes the "official" flavor of the community Dokucraft pack.

I think that would be a different approach to it, and while it would take some more time, it might also expose lesser known work, and all the textures can still be available on the customizer.

Mikejones
    Mikejones

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1101 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:10 PM

If someone decides to do it, please, dont make it another gerudoku. Dont fuck up the colors and add dumb green jewels on every single fucking block. you know what i mean.

Im not saying the gerudoku was bad, it just wasnt a continuation, it was completely changed. Look at gerudoku, look at dokus rpg pack. Its not the same thing anymore, none of it. If you gonna say 'this is dokucraft, updated!' then for gods sake, keep the stuff thats already there. please.

Wessexstock

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:12 PM

I'm going to go ahead and start a pack on http://www.minecraftcustomizer.net, and I'll add all the alternate textures I can get ahold of from you guys.

Moderator and Lead map developer @

Posted Image

Arcanite Chill

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:20 PM

I kinda love dokucraft, but lately i have been using simplecraft which is super sexy.
Please, call me Conner. Or Arcanite. Or Chill.
Please, anything but Connor.

recneps4444
  • Minecraft: recneps4444

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:27 PM

OK so, I posted on the DokuCraft Forum that I'd gladly help with the Aether stuff (though I'm not as skilled as most of you) and i've already started on the Phoenix Bow: Phoenix Bow
And i've started the Vampire blade (can't show a pic because i've not gotten it yet).  But currently, they are both just recolored textures of the original DokuCraft items, and i plan on adding some originality to them. =]
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Toofifty
    Toofifty

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 435 posts
  • Minecraft: Toofifty

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

I've never used dokucraft too much, but I still completely support this idea so all the unique packs aren't pushed back due to the numerous mix + update packs.

Posted Image

DearRea
    DearRea

Carpenter

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:36 PM

Good idea...

DJCoalHeart
  • Minecraft: ghost1708

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

Hey Guys, this is my WIP of the continuation of Doku's not yet finished aether textures, Heres the link http://www.mediafire...y0mz5i4j9px25f4 you are free to do what you like. Only 2 textures were used as placeholders from the GeruDoku aether retex. Happy Aether Searching! :)
Posted Image

Scaipy
    Scaipy

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 539 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

View PostDJCoalHeart, on 30 July 2011 - 03:42 PM, said:

Hey Guys, this is my WIP of the continuation of Doku's not yet finished aether textures, Heres the link http://www.mediafire...y0mz5i4j9px25f4 you are free to do what you like. Only 2 textures were used as placeholders from the GeruDoku aether retex. Happy Aether Searching! :)
Some screenshots would we appreciated.
Great texture packs to check out: Jolicraft 16x, SummerFields 32x, Dokucraft 32x
Posted Image

DJCoalHeart
  • Minecraft: ghost1708

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

I Promise its not a virus its a mediafire link, and no adfly :)
Posted Image

vayluuf
    vayluuf

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:50 PM

Yeah I'd like to join in on this. I'm not 100% great at doing texturework, but I'm working on the Iron Armor at the moment. I spent a good 1-2hrs last night studying Doku's techniques, (Which is mainly lighting) and I believe I've got it down pretty good. Here's a screenshot of what I have so far, and it isn't much, but any suggestions/critique is welcome. It's been a long time since I've seriously done pixel art.

Posted Image

There's some adjusting that needs to be done on it, example: the eyeholes need to be moved up by a pixel, and I need to trim the faceplate "Cheekbones" back a bit farther. I'm going for a skull look for the helmet, the rest will follow a standard style.

(EDIT: I'd love to add that, you can use Doku's original tiles as a color palette/template. PLEASE keep to the original color palette/template!! I cannot stress how important that is. It's a very stylized pack, and you need to operate in that style. Do some studying on his blocks like I did, it's VERY useful. I don't want to see some bullshit coloration or "I added noise" to things.)

[Edit: It'll be easier if the textures that people do work on are in the base "Light" pack first, and the "High" and "Dark" packs come later, since they either only change color or contrast, or add in a small detail. The Light pack is the base Doku started with, make it easier on yourself and use that as a base aswell.]
Posted Image

recneps4444
  • Minecraft: recneps4444

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:55 PM

View Postrecneps4444, on 30 July 2011 - 03:27 PM, said:

OK so, I posted on the DokuCraft Forum that I'd gladly help with the Aether stuff (though I'm not as skilled as most of you) and i've already started on the Phoenix Bow: Phoenix Bow
And i've started the Vampire blade (can't show a pic because i've not gotten it yet).  But currently, they are both just recolored textures of the original DokuCraft items, and i plan on adding some originality to them. =]
That Phoenix bow is now out of date, it looks similar though, (it's a link to a pic, not a download, btw)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image