• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft game file lost?????

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

kranzzaris

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:25 PM

So my Minecraft game file was evidently lost when my computer shut off due to a power outage... ><
I have checked: %appdata%\.minecraft\saves and my world 1 is still there, and all 12MB (about 1.5 months playing) is still in the World1 folder. It shows up when I go to properties.
I have tried renaming it to the unused worlds that I have, but it isn't working... could I get some help?

Here is the link to the download of my save file. Can you help me please?

http://www.mediafire...c6ubj1orjogwods

Please I don't want this work to go to waste.... I hope that there is a solution.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

marsgreekgod

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:06 AM

Oh wow man that sucks, I'll try to figure it out.

----
EDIT: Ok cartograph maps the map just fine, and it's just like yours (I know his map), so the data should be recoverabul

kranzzaris

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:13 PM

I have concluded that it is one or all of these files:
level.dat
level.dat_old
session.lock

Because upon replacing them with another worlds files I can get into my world, but the world is like 2 times larger than it should be. Is there any way to recover or repair those files to their original state that they were before they were corrupted?
Posted Image

Leet
    Leet

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:20 PM

it are idd those files.
delete the level.dat and rename the level.dat_old to level.dat
Taadaa your save is back

kranzzaris

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:17 PM

I Just tried that Leet, and it did not work.
Posted Image

Mukatsuku

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:36 PM

Create a new world in one of your spare save slots, then save and quit - go to your save directory and copy the newly created level.dat file from that new world into your lost save's directory, overwriting the current empty file.
Restart Minecraft and you should be able to get into your old save.

Mukatsuku

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:40 AM

Just to prove my solution will get your level loaded (but delete your inventory), here's a screenshot from your level
Posted Image

kranzzaris

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:34 PM

Thank you very much. I was trying this with another save file that was bigger. But in Minecraft it showed that the save file was the size of the non corrupted world (which was over 2 times larger). I thought it had to be as large as the file. Thank you very much =].
Posted Image

Mukatsuku

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:05 PM

Glad it wasn't lost for good :Orange: