• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Xbox 360 game disc not working.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

redhawkz

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:06 PM

hi, i ordered a game last night called Il-2 sturmovik: birds of prey.
yeah i know its unknown, but i started playing this and after a hour or something the screen freezed and i turned my xbox off (i wanted to play MC), so this morning i wanted to play again and my xbox made weird noises wen i turned it on and when i wanna play its says: Unrecognized Disc
I cleaned the disk and i got still the message :\
other games work still fine. and last night my little kitty jumped on the xbox and the xbox felt, and does that have something to do with it?

please help, Thnx.

Register or log in to remove.

Blackline310
  • Minecraft: Blackline115

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:11 PM

is the disc scratched up? your kitty may have moved the xbox and it may have scratched the disc. my xbox did that when my cat moved mine

LaLand0fChocolate
  • Minecraft: Land0fChocolate

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:40 PM

Go to a game shop and ask for your disc to be cleaned.
Posted Image
Steam name: Scary Butt Fun

redhawkz

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:33 PM

View PostBlackline310, on 28 July 2011 - 01:11 PM, said:

is the disc scratched up? your kitty may have moved the xbox and it may have scratched the disc. my xbox did that when my cat moved mine
i didn't found any scratches :(

redhawkz

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:34 PM

no one has another option? :(

SticksAndStones
  • Minecraft: ChaseTheRacer

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:41 PM

take some compressed air and spray some in the tray hole. i did that and worked fine for me. but if u mess it up its not my fault.

Need any help with Bukkit Plugins? PM ME!

redhawkz

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:08 PM

View PostSticksAndStones, on 28 July 2011 - 06:41 PM, said:

take some compressed air and spray some in the tray hole. i did that and worked fine for me. but if u mess it up its not my fault.
but is that neccerary? because other games work fine, or should i just do it?

SticksAndStones
  • Minecraft: ChaseTheRacer

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

View Postredhawkz, on 28 July 2011 - 07:08 PM, said:

but is that neccerary? because other games work fine, or should i just do it?
i thought you meant all games. go to a movie store or came store and get it cleaned like LaLand0fChocolate said

Need any help with Bukkit Plugins? PM ME!

redhawkz

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:13 PM

So going to a game store is the only option? :)

SpicyTacoGuy

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:06 AM

Or hate on the game and throw it in the middle of the street and make a car run over it then set on fire thats worth ur money right?
Shimmy Right Shimmy Left Til The End Of The Day.

redhawkz

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:51 PM

View PostSpicyTacoGuy, on 29 July 2011 - 03:06 AM, said:

Or hate on the game and throw it in the middle of the street and make a car run over it then set on fire thats worth ur money right?
That doesnt solve my problem -.-

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1227 posts
  • Minecraft: 6677

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:39 PM

My xbox did the same with my beloved halo reach limited edition. It fixed itself after 2 days. It also did the same with fallout new vegas.

More commonly my xbox has a disagreement with TESIV:oblivion, everytime i put the disk in it says unrecognised, eject and close and its absolutely fine. Does that every time.

Otherwise, clean the disk some more (do not use baby wipes on it, the chemical used in them dissolves the disk coating), check the tray is clean and blow in the xbox. Try it again. If its still not working take it to a friends house or something see does it work in their xbox and still not working return the disk as faulty and don't mention it worked for awhile first
Some people shouldn't be allowed near technology. We should just leave them in the bottom of the grand canyon with sticks as a tourist attraction.

redhawkz

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:20 PM

View Post6677, on 29 July 2011 - 03:39 PM, said:

My xbox did the same with my beloved halo reach limited edition. It fixed itself after 2 days. It also did the same with fallout new vegas.

More commonly my xbox has a disagreement with TESIV:oblivion, everytime i put the disk in it says unrecognised, eject and close and its absolutely fine. Does that every time.

Otherwise, clean the disk some more (do not use baby wipes on it, the chemical used in them dissolves the disk coating), check the tray is clean and blow in the xbox. Try it again. If its still not working take it to a friends house or something see does it work in their xbox and still not working return the disk as faulty and don't mention it worked for awhile first

yeah, i'll try it in my brothers xbox, but i saw videos about fixing it with toothpaste.
and i found out that there is a big perfect ring scratch on it, some of my brothers games have that too, that happens when the xbox falls on its side like i said, but do you know if that tothpaste story is bullshit or not?

redhawkz

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

bump :(

skyewarper

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:39 PM

The use of toothpaste on your disc's is absolute nonsense. Since there's a big circle scratch on your disc your screw'd aswell, Might as well do

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

DinosaurGoesRawrr
  • Minecraft: Beastyy

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:53 PM

View Postredhawkz, on 28 July 2011 - 02:33 PM, said:

i didn't found any scratches :(
Sometimes you have to tilt the disc in the light to see the scratches that may otherwise be hidden!
Posted Image