• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

mappam
    mappam

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:33 PM

I just discovered Minecraft and tried the Solo Play game BUT I can't figure out how to craft. I read a little bit here on the forum and other locations and can't find anything on any demo that includes the crafting.

Without the crafting ability I can't get a real feel for this game. I can add/remove blocks and move around - but that seems to be the extent of what you can do. I have not played long enough for Dark to see what happens with mobs..... but with no light for my "cave" or weapons to protect myself I feel like I am missing the whole point of this game.

Money is really tight ATM and I can't afford to spend (what is in us $ = $12+-?) to see if I like this game enough to continue to play.

Any links with this info or suggestions would be appreciated - Thanks
I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.

Register or log in to remove.

fantafuzz
  • Minecraft: fantafuzz

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:37 PM

Buy the game... It really is not that hard to just work for the cash. Walk someones dog, mow the lawn, anything. And i dont believe there is a free "Demo", atleast that is not what i would call the classic mode. In classic mode, you remove blocks instantly, and build. To get crafting etcetera, you have to buy the game.

jon99977 said:

Herobrine does not exist. He is not in the code anywhere, there is not a faintest mention of a mob like this. Herobrine does not exist. All encounters are hoaxed and are clearly hoaxed. Some are good hoaxes, but still fake.

Chilton
    Chilton

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:38 PM

There is no demo in that sense.
Watch a lets play

Mayve this one:
http://www.youtube.c... ... bh4EexJO4I
Watch/Contribute to my Construction of an Island Fortified Headquarters, to last the ages.
http://www.youtube.c... ... 96B9817BC6

Xiili
    Xiili

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7881 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:45 PM

Creative is a 'demo' of the building system, it really is worth the money for €7, watch a lets play, look at some pictures on the forum but as far as a survival demo, nope

GGravis
    GGravis

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Minecraft: GGravis

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:56 PM

Download a pirated version (try the game only), then buy the game.

Cragvis said:

So if there was a gold creeper, would it go: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

mappam
    mappam

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:13 PM

Thank you so much for the info and link - I am watching some of these videos now.

Game looks interesting! I LOVE city building type games but not too sure if the blocks and building and moving around etc.

Question - how do you heal. In the video he was attacked and his health went down - is there a way to renew health? He did Not go into this. Do you eat herbs or apply meds?

Thanks again - I was hoping for a one hour demo or limited play area to try the different aspects - but will just have to watch some more youtube and decide.

Xiili
    Xiili

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7881 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:16 PM

Peaceful mode = no mobs, heath regens

Normal/Hard = mobs, health is rebuilt by using food acquired from pigs(cooked gives more than uncooked), wheat(bread), apples

[EDIT]

mappam
    mappam

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:21 PM

Xiili - thanks - I didn't know there were different 'modes' of play - Peaceful sounds like a good place to start while you learn.

xmacro
    xmacro

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:28 PM

If you really wanna know what Minecraft is like, go on Youtube and type in "Let's play Minecraft" - there's LOADS of videos where the person walks you thru the game from Day One on Normal difficulty.

ZombieWeasel said:

Well this is just me but... Water moats are so wet and dirty and annoying.... Real men make moats of liquid hellfire forged in the bowels of the earth and torn from the teat of the unholy adminium. Real MANLY Men create a LAVAFALL of death.

pyrosheep
    pyrosheep

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:29 PM

GGravis said:

Notch says:  http://notch.tumblr.... ... racy-works

Don't disappoint Notch.
[media]http://mlkshk.com/p/NC9[/media]

GGravis
    GGravis

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Minecraft: GGravis

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:38 PM

pyrosheep said:

GGravis said:

Notch says:  http://notch.tumblr.... ... racy-works

Don't disappoint Notch.

I said try the game, and then BUY it... I think, Notch said, that it's kinda okay when a customer pirates the game, because he can bring (I think it's a correct word) more players. Well, I have a pirated version atm, but I really would love to play normal, but I don't have a credit card, and I'm only 12. :/ Damn it sucks to be so young. :D

Cragvis said:

So if there was a gold creeper, would it go: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

mappam
    mappam

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:46 PM

I just broke down and bought the game - The REAL game.

I think I need the tutorial level and it is grayed out - how do I play this to learn? I can't figure out how to craft? I have watched videos and know about the crafting bench - but I don't know how to bring up the crafting area?

If this tutorial is Not available (for some reason) is there a Walkthrough?

Thanks again :D

procryptic

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:51 PM

There is no in-game tutorial yet., but is something like

http://www.minecraft...t/wiki/Crafting

this what you're looking for?

Chilton
    Chilton

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:51 PM

mappam said:

I think I need the tutorial level and it is grayed out - how do I play this to learn? I can't figure out how to craft? I have watched videos and know about the crafting bench - but I don't know how to bring up the crafting area?

Thanks again :Notch:
The tutorial doesnt exist yet

Also...
http://www.minecraft...t/wiki/Crafting

EDIT: Ninjutsu
Watch/Contribute to my Construction of an Island Fortified Headquarters, to last the ages.
http://www.youtube.c... ... 96B9817BC6

Xiili
    Xiili

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7881 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:46 PM

mappam said:

Thanks again :P

Nothing for a walkthrough really since its a sandbox; but there are plenty of stickys on the forums for how to play, the minecraft wiki is a great start, I learned by watching videos!

First things first, start punching trees!

xmacro
    xmacro

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:49 PM

mappam said:

If you really wanna know how to play Minecraft from a newbie perspective, go on Youtube and type in "Let's play Minecraft" - there's LOADS of videos where the person walks you thru the game from Day One on Normal difficulty

ZombieWeasel said:

Well this is just me but... Water moats are so wet and dirty and annoying.... Real men make moats of liquid hellfire forged in the bowels of the earth and torn from the teat of the unholy adminium. Real MANLY Men create a LAVAFALL of death.