• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Server Without Premium Accounts for {Friends}

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Anthonyo

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:57 PM

so me and my friends woana play online together, we don't want to by the game "we don't have jobs." .. But i have got it working where u can get on without an account but my name i get is "Player" so when my friends join it kicks me off because he has the same name some how.., how can i change that so we all can pick our names or log in with
NON Premium Accounts?.

What i mean is my
verify-names is off
how do i change my name
player to anthony

I have bought the game :D

Mod edit: Since these are the official minecraft forums, we can't exactly let people use them to make pirating the game easier. So I've locked this thread.
People That Try To Hard

McFrosty said:

Im like the Builder in Inception.

Taro said:

very long every day

Register or log in to remove.

PmX
    PmX

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:51 PM

you don't want to buy the game but you want to play the paid version and you are asking us, on the offical forum, how to do that? come on!

Umcookies
  • Minecraft: umcookies

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:14 PM

hahaha i can tell you right now you going to be told off alot..

Almost everyone here has brought the game and being so cheap im pretty sure you could ask your parents for some money. Hell i dont have a job and my parents were fine with it.

Anyway as far as i know unless you crack the game you will not get past the name check ( kicks ) and are going to get NO support from this community so you can cheap skate on a freaking awesome game.
When i see people ask "Will this be added to Minecraft ?"
My magic eight ball says
"Please try again later".

fotoply
    fotoply

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:20 PM

I know how, but i'm not gonna tell you, it's only 15$ for the game, come on, you got parents etc...
So, I got a surprise for you!
Spoiler:

reeddal
    reeddal

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:32 AM

How about for the fact that I have purchased the game for myself and have a full premium username but my wife is just a registered user (non-premium) but we want to play together on my locally hosted server—but she doesn't really like being named "Player". Can you help me out with that?

pSi420
    pSi420

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:25 AM

reeddal wrote :
> How about for the fact that I have purchased the game for myself and have a
> full premium username but my wife is just a registered user (non-premium)
> but we want to play together on my locally hosted server—but she doesn't
> really like being named "Player". Can you help me out with that?
Yeah, buy your wife the game.

reeddal
    reeddal

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:51 PM

Yeah, I figured that was coming. She couldn't possibly justify that either—she's still a bit upset that I bought the game…
Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait until we find ourselves with some of that elusive "extra" money!

IvansYoutube

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:52 PM

Easy
Open server.properties and set online-mode=false
Useful Tutorials!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/MCPCT
How to install a minecraft server:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=kMthsbqqCXg
How to install texturepacks
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lOqbr29-Q8U

Unset
    Unset

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:46 PM

You need a -modsnip-. With the -modsnip- you can change your standard name "Player" in any name you want. You can find these -modsnip-

Mod edit: Don't instruct people to pirate. On-topic: Bukkit has a few plugins to fix your problem.

Btw, it's very childish some people don''t want to tell you this.
Notch sold more than 0.5 million games! So those guys are just jealous because they paid for the game, and others can play it for free.

Ancelin
    Ancelin

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:59 AM

Unset said:

You need a name-spoofer. With the namespoofer you can change your standard name "Player" in any name you want. You can find these on torrent sites.

Notch sold more than 0.5 million games! So those guys are just jealous because they paid for the game, and others can play it for free.
The game costs about as much as a decent lunch around here, not paying for it when you want to play it is honestly just ridiculous.

jace9183
    jace9183

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:10 AM

My bank will not let me send money overseas. Does anyone have a solution to this? Inb4 get a new bank
GENERATION 24: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation.

Posted Image

rch
    rch

Minecraft.cm

• Members
  • 4104 posts
  • Minecraft: rch

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:27 AM

Signup for Paypal, attach/confirm your bank account and send the money through that.

xgkkp
    xgkkp

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:51 PM

Unset said:

You need a -modsnip-. With the -modsnip- you can change your standard name "Player" in any name you want. You can find these -modsnip-

Mod edit: Don't instruct people to pirate. On-topic: Bukkit has a few plugins to fix your problem.

This was actually useful information, as it is very frustrating when my friends and myself cannot play on a local network because Notch can't be bothered to pay for an authentication server that isn't down half of the time.

I also find it slightly amusing that one random piece of unofficial software is bad according to the mod, whereas  another piece of unofficial software is 'good'.

The_Velsadan

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:09 PM

Unset said:

Yeah!  It's so ridiculous that I can't walk into the chinese food place down the street and take a handful of eggrolls, too.  I mean, I'm hungry, and I want *their* eggrolls, so they should just give them to me.  They sell zillions of eggrolls every day, they can spare a couple.  I'm entitled to them for free because I *want* them.

xgkkp
    xgkkp

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:47 PM

The_Velsadan said:

Yeah!  It's so ridiculous that I can't walk into the chinese food place down the street and take a handful of eggrolls, too.  I mean, I'm hungry, and I want *their* eggrolls, so they should just give them to me.  They sell zillions of eggrolls every day, they can spare a couple.  I'm entitled to them for free because I *want* them.

Herp derp pirating = stealing. Did you really register just to make this post?

rch
    rch

Minecraft.cm

• Members
  • 4104 posts
  • Minecraft: rch

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:15 PM

xgkkp said:

The_Velsadan said:

Herpa derpy derp you're not very good at detecting sarcasm are you?

xgkkp
    xgkkp

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:06 PM

rch said:

Sarcasm or no, which part of that post isn't positing that equality?

HonestFlames
  • Minecraft: HonestFlames

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:53 PM

xgkkp said:

rch said:

Sarcasm or no, which part of that post isn't positing that equality?

You know what 'positing' means, yet you use that grammar?

xgkkp
    xgkkp

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:22 PM

HonestFlames said:

You know what 'positing' means, yet you use that grammar?

I'm sorry, do you have some kind of place where we can learn the exact grammar you consider "correct" so that we can avoid any other usage? And do you have anything to contribute other than grammar nazism?

The_Velsadan

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:34 AM

xgkkp said:

The_Velsadan said:

As a matter of fact, yes.  Though I imagine that registering on the boards will also make it easier to ask questions on the Support and Server Administration boards in the future, so perhaps the answer is actually 'no.'  

It might also be that I actually *am* hungry for eggrolls.