• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

JohnSmith Texture Pack Add-On (Aether Mod)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Jake Von
    Jake Von

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1070 posts
  • Minecraft: JakeVon

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:40 PM

Good morning, afternoon, evening, and night ladies and gentlemen. I bring you AETHER GOODNESS IN A CAN.
This is my take on the JohnSmith Textured version of the Aether. I take only small credit for this, for while making this was not as easy as making a cake, JohnSmith did the real work. Links to both the JohnSmith Texture Pack and the Aether Mod below.

Posted Image

JohnSmith Texture Pack
Aether Collaboration Mod

I enjoy both of these, which is why I made them compatible with each other. Mostly. I will continue working on this through all my days. For a better looking Aether of course!

Direct Download

Instructions:
-Download Texture Pack Add-On
-Open your JohnSmith texture pack .zip with any ZIP opening program or similar program
-Drag and drop files from the downloaded .zip into the JohnSmith texture pack .zip

New update! [v0.2]
Spoiler:

Register or log in to remove.

Nemexus
    Nemexus

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 906 posts
  • Minecraft: Nemexus

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:44 PM

Looks very nice! I'll consider using it. :)
Posted Image My YouTube Channel is NemexusHD

tomaz
    tomaz

Carpenter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Minecraft: TehDonkeyz

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:10 AM

Very nice. It compliments the Aether very nicely! Well done!

Jake Von
    Jake Von

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1070 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:27 PM

View Posttomaz, on 28 July 2011 - 12:10 AM, said:

Very nice. It compliments the Aether very nicely! Well done!
Thanks everyone ^.^
I will be updating in 3 more days, and I will be adding a variety of new items and blocks, including dungeon blocks and Zanite, Gravitite, other tools. I will finish the entire Aether.

Also, I will not be changing Aerogel or Aeroclouds, since I like the way they currently look.
It's hard criticizing ideas when one is tired, so you'd better appreciate it when I criticize yours.

SuperStrumpan

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:30 PM

Screenies? :)
Posted Image

FTWBurn
    FTWBurn

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • Minecraft: FTWBurn

Posted 29 July 2011 - 02:46 PM

You better put some Images.
I'm focused working on mod support to there be an FTB support, it's not easy considering my luck right now. In other news, come on join us at http://dokucraft.co.uk/irc !

Jake Von
    Jake Von

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1070 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:51 AM

I will add images eventually, don't worry. :3
It's hard criticizing ideas when one is tired, so you'd better appreciate it when I criticize yours.

PortalFanDude
  • Minecraft: PortalFanDude

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:08 AM

Great job good sir, here, have a diamond  :Diamond:, have another  :Diamond:
When people ask me "plz" because it's shorter than "please" I feel perfectly justified to say "no" because it's shorter than "yes"

Sethris134
  • Minecraft: sethris134

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:16 AM

The textures look really great! Great job! But just so you know, there's a better way to install them. Inside the Johnsmith texture pack zip folder, make a folder called "aether". (without the quotes.) Inside that folder, make a folder called blocks. Inside THAT folder, put all of your textures. That way, you don't have to interchange between the default ones and the johnsmith ones so complicatedly.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Credit to Shinkei-Shinto for the profile pic. (seriously, check her shit out.)

My Ideas:

DAMN YOU LIMITED CHARACTERS!

Jake Von
    Jake Von

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1070 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:18 PM

View PostSethris134, on 01 August 2011 - 07:16 AM, said:

The textures look really great! Great job! But just so you know, there's a better way to install them. Inside the Johnsmith texture pack zip folder, make a folder called "aether". (without the quotes.) Inside that folder, make a folder called blocks. Inside THAT folder, put all of your textures. That way, you don't have to interchange between the default ones and the johnsmith ones so complicatedly.
Yea, I was thinking it went like that, but I wasn't sure... Thank you for the advice sir ^.^

:SSSS: Friendly Creeper for you sir ^.^

FrigginSandvich

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:22 PM

Actually, you have to have pictures in your thread, otherwise, when a mod sees it, it gets locked.
So you better get going!

Jake Von
    Jake Von

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1070 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:07 PM

View PostFrigginSandvich, on 01 August 2011 - 09:22 PM, said:

Actually, you have to have pictures in your thread, otherwise, when a mod sees it, it gets locked.
So you better get going!
Done! Image added ^.^
It doesn't show some of the blocks that are already in the add-on, and it shows some that are being added in the update. :SSSS:

mrgnome21

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:34 PM

not bad
Posted Image

mrgnome21

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:35 PM

problem is im juggling between the yogscast 3rd texture pack jhon smith and dokucraft continuation so i dont know what to use. it will probs end with jhon smith as it has the most mod support or i may just do some texture editing like i did with dokucraft and gerudoku and add the jhon smith mod textures to the yogscast textures
Posted Image

Jake Von
    Jake Von

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1070 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:48 PM

View Postmrgnome21, on 01 August 2011 - 11:35 PM, said:

problem is im juggling between the yogscast 3rd texture pack jhon smith and dokucraft continuation so i dont know what to use. it will probs end with jhon smith as it has the most mod support or i may just do some texture editing like i did with dokucraft and gerudoku and add the jhon smith mod textures to the yogscast textures
mixing texture packs is tricky business... XD Trust me, it doesn't always work. I would go JohnSmith, but well, I love JohnSmith more than any other texture pack. That's why I made this XD

thej1990
    thej1990

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:41 AM

I am having some serious trouble, I am on a mac so if i want to get inside the "johnsmithtexture.zip" i have to open with archive utility which makes it a folder, then i have to add the "aether" and "blocks" inside that but then it will not recognize the folder for me to put it on as my texture so i compress it back to a zip and then it doesn't even work as the normal texture would, HELP?!

Jake Von
    Jake Von

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1070 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:30 AM

View Postthej1990, on 02 August 2011 - 12:41 AM, said:

I am having some serious trouble, I am on a mac so if i want to get inside the "johnsmithtexture.zip" i have to open with archive utility which makes it a folder, then i have to add the "aether" and "blocks" inside that but then it will not recognize the folder for me to put it on as my texture so i compress it back to a zip and then it doesn't even work as the normal texture would, HELP?!
I could make the .ZIP preloaded with the textures added if you want. And what do you mean it won't work as a normal texture? are you putting the blocks folder in the aether folder? or putting the blocks in the main folder?

thej1990
    thej1990

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:57 AM

View PostJake Von, on 02 August 2011 - 02:30 AM, said:

I could make the .ZIP preloaded with the textures added if you want. And what do you mean it won't work as a normal texture? are you putting the blocks folder in the aether folder? or putting the blocks in the main folder?
If you would make a preloaded one i would be very greatful, and yes i put the blocks in the aether folder. and i mean it doesn't even work like if it was the original texture pack, like all of the blocks are default looking.

Jake Von
    Jake Von

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1070 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:38 AM

View Postthej1990, on 02 August 2011 - 02:57 AM, said:

If you would make a preloaded one i would be very greatful, and yes i put the blocks in the aether folder. and i mean it doesn't even work like if it was the original texture pack, like all of the blocks are default looking.
Well if you unzipped it then rezipped it, you probably need to reset it as your texture pack.

thej1990
    thej1990

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:32 AM

View PostJake Von, on 02 August 2011 - 03:38 AM, said:

Well if you unzipped it then rezipped it, you probably need to reset it as your texture pack.
I have reset it as my texture pack and still does not work.