• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Recovering my skins PNG

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

EvilHolyGuy

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:20 AM

Hey there, been playing for a while, never really saw a reason to use the forums, please forgive me if this is the wrong section for this. I figured it was a question about skins, should go in the skins forum. ._.

Anyhoo, made a skin a while back, uploaded it, blah blah blah. It's on my character now and it's working just fine, however, I've gone through some computer troubles lately and in short I lost the png file that was my custom skin.

I was wondering if it's at all possible to somehow get a copy of that file, I mean when I log in I still look like the skin I made, so the files gotta be somewhere... right? I've completely lost the original file, so I'm trying to recover it.

If not, oh well I guess.

Register or log in to remove.

zmillang
    zmillang

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 632 posts
  • Minecraft: zmillang

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:25 AM

I believe you can go to a site called 'Skin Stealer' just type in you're IGN- and you have you're skin as a png :D
Posted Image

xxMikexBxx

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:26 AM

View PostEvilHolyGuy, on 27 July 2011 - 08:20 AM, said:

Hey there, been playing for a while, never really saw a reason to use the forums, please forgive me if this is the wrong section for this. I figured it was a question about skins, should go in the skins forum. ._.

Anyhoo, made a skin a while back, uploaded it, blah blah blah. It's on my character now and it's working just fine, however, I've gone through some computer troubles lately and in short I lost the png file that was my custom skin.

I was wondering if it's at all possible to somehow get a copy of that file, I mean when I log in I still look like the skin I made, so the files gotta be somewhere... right? I've completely lost the original file, so I'm trying to recover it.

If not, oh well I guess.

You could use this website to grab your skin http://www.minershoes.com
Just type in your minecraft name the way it is spelled (Caps and all) and it will retrieve your skin and you can download it from there.

Hazali
    Hazali

Geomancer

• Retired Staff
  • 5704 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:27 AM

Type this in your browser and replace [PH] with your Minecraft username. It is also case sensitive, so make sure you're typing your name exactly how it appears in-game.
http://www.minecraft.net/skin/[PH].png

Posted Image

Newboyintown

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:27 AM

umh its in your jar file - (look it up minecraft jar) and anyways go to mobs and look for char png

Hazali
    Hazali

Geomancer

• Retired Staff
  • 5704 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:29 AM

View PostNewboyintown, on 27 July 2011 - 08:27 AM, said:

umh its in your jar file - (look it up minecraft jar) and anyways go to mobs and look for char png

That will give him the default skin, Steve, not his own custom one.

Posted Image

zmillang
    zmillang

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 632 posts
  • Minecraft: zmillang

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:30 AM

View PostNewboyintown, on 27 July 2011 - 08:27 AM, said:

Uhm... No it's not.. Unless you use the defualt skin :3
Posted Image

benjaminvan

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:37 AM

if he add his skin on minecraft.net,then the steve is in the minecraft.jar. if you add your skin on minecraft.net you are always your skin if you login

if he add his skin in the minecraft.jar then his skin is in the minecraft.jar. then you are your skin if you play offline

( woo iam 11 and i am smarter then some people LOL (: )
Posted Image

EvilHolyGuy

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:24 AM

Wow that was quick lol.

Thanks guys!

Edit: Also, love the avatar Kaav. Not sure why, but it's pretty damn cool lol.

Untar1
    Untar1

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

Uhm... Is there any way to browse your skin history? Because I accidentally changed my skin before saving as PNG. :/