• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

preble
    preble

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:04 AM

Version 1.0 of Inside Job, a free/open source Minecraft Alpha inventory editor for Mac, is now available.  Features include:

- Native Cocoa interface
    - Drag & drop inventory editing with item images
    - Item list searchable by name or item number
    - Experimental "time of day" editing
    - Requires Mac OS X 10.6

You can check out a screenshot and download the app or its source code on GitHub: http://preble.github.com/InsideJob/  Click the "Downloads" button toward the upper right for the binary app download link.  The readme contains basic instructions.  

Although I believe that Inside Job does a good job of not destroying your saved world data, please backup your saved worlds before running it as it has not been tested on more than a few systems.  (Inside Job does make a copy of your level.dat file before overwriting it each time you save.)

Hope you find it useful!

Adam

EDIT: Updated URLs.

Register or log in to remove.

Whirlpoolwas

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:06 AM

Belongs in Modding Section

d00gles
    d00gles

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:33 AM

I may sound stupid, but how do you run the InsideJob app? I downloaded and everything, but can't get it to work

Deathhawk164

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:41 AM

Does it work on 10.5.8?
I would really like a good editor for my desktop.

theGuyWithABeard
  • Minecraft: BornOfSky

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:42 AM

Beautiful! Hopefully, I can now explode that annoying skeleton nest with loads of TNT!
Greatly helpful for noobs like me who hate working and love hacking. :Notch:
im bak lol (:

wookie4747

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:50 AM

uhhh.... doesn't run....

Posted Image

preble
    preble

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:32 AM

Hi all.  Glad to hear some of you like what you see, sorry to see that some of you are having trouble.

If you're having trouble running Inside Job (nothing appears to happen when you run it), please check:

- Are you running Mac OS X 10.6+?  At this time Inside Job requires 10.6 and up.
    - If you are running Mac OS X 10.6+, please check your ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter folder for a file named "Inside Job .crash".  If you have a file like this, please PM it to me here and I'll look into it.

Feel free to PM me details on problems you encounter with Inside Job, or create an issue on GitHub.  Thanks.

MyFaceIsEvil

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:21 PM

Brilliant, better than having to run INVedit. It works perfectly, don't understand how people can't get it to run.

Wrong section, however, just so you know.
You are great doctor!

Xiili
    Xiili

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7881 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:16 PM

Bah you beat me, was finishing up the finish touches for my mac editor :Diamond:

But very well done, I like it, runs very smooth!

[EDIT]

preble
    preble

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:33 PM

Xiili said:

Bah you beat me, was finishing up the finish touches for my mac editor :stair:

I hope you still plan on releasing it.  I'd be interested to see it.

Xiili said:

[EDIT]

Naturally you're welcome to download and modify the source.  I should point out that you can effectively trash an item if you drag it out of its slot and then release it where there isn't a slot.  I'd like to have a better mechanism in Inside Job for selecting individual items and performing actions on them (maxing them to 64, removing them as you point out, etc.) but I decided to keep it simple for 1.0.

Re: wrong section, as a couple people have pointed out: I've PM'd a moderator and requested that they move the topic.

Xiili
    Xiili

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7881 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:52 PM

I'll probably still release it after I set up my git account and clean it up a bit

Didn't try that, a lot easier :obsidian: thx!

mattp
    mattp

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:31 PM

I seem to not be able to work out how to use this? I whack stuff in my inventory and save, but then when I re-open minecraft it just deletes all my saves? It worked the first time, now just whenever I generate a new world, save it, exit minecraft, put some stuff in inventory, save InsideJob, then re-open minecraft, the worlds are all gone?

Xiili
    Xiili

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7881 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:37 PM

mattp said:

I seem to not be able to work out how to use this? I whack stuff in my inventory and save, but then when I re-open minecraft it just deletes all my saves? It worked the first time, now just whenever I generate a new world, save it, exit minecraft, put some stuff in inventory, save InsideJob, then re-open minecraft, the worlds are all gone?

What version of os are you running?

Side note, it just did it for me, after looking into it, it seems that the app is either removing or relocating the level file, my actual data is still there but the level file, I'll do some crunching and see what could cause this.

preble
    preble

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:35 AM

mattp said:

Is the level.dat for the modified world missing, as Xiili reported (hopefully I understood that correctly)?

You should see a level.dat.insidejobbackup file in that same folder, which is the original level.dat, so theoretically you could reverse Inside Job's changes.  Is the backup file there, and if you rename it to level.dat does it fix the problem?

Lastly, can you open Console (in Applications/Utilities) and see if you see any messages from Inside Job in the "All Messages" section?

Thanks; my apologies for the inconvenience!

eJohnR
    eJohnR

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:53 AM

preble said:

mattp said:

Is the level.dat for the modified world missing, as Xiili reported (hopefully I understood that correctly)?

You should see a level.dat.insidejobbackup file in that same folder, which is the original level.dat, so theoretically you could reverse Inside Job's changes.  Is the backup file there, and if you rename it to level.dat does it fix the problem?

Lastly, can you open Console (in Applications/Utilities) and see if you see any messages from Inside Job in the "All Messages" section?

Thanks; my apologies for the inconvenience!

Here is what the folder looks like after using InsideJob:

Posted Image

Deleting level.dat and renaming level.dat.insidejobbackup to level.dat fixes the issue. With regards to the console, the only 'odd' looking log is this one:

14/10/2010 07:48:17 Inside Job[1405] Unhandled list type: 1

Hope this helps

stewkat
    stewkat

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:31 PM

Awesome! I'm going to give it a try right now!

moontrain

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:10 PM

Any chance of including Leopard support (if it's not too difficult)? Looks like such a neat application.

Posted Image

SWEETNESS_IB
  • Minecraft: SWEETNESS_IB

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:12 PM

It crashes every time I try to open my inventory...
Posted Image

Hesstergon said:

anyone who answered no is ethier a liar or chuck norris

Mindctrlpankak

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:34 PM

how in the world do you get this to run?

stewkat
    stewkat

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:40 PM

Well, I'll be honest, at first, I downloaded the source code and files without realizing it...I was completely lost. Then I downloaded the right one. Download the 'InsideJob100.zip' then extract it and run. Simple as that.