195 replies to this topic

Alblaka
    Alblaka

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2509 posts
  • Minecraft: Alblaka, obviously...

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

If you want to use this mod for anything else then playing it, read the Copyright at the end of this post!

HALL OF FAME
  • StandaxXx, AdioX and Street  9783 Pts
  • ---  6400 Pts
  • ---  3200 Pts
  • ---  1600 Pts
  • ---  800 Pts
  • ---  400 Pts
  • ---  200 Pts
  • ---  100 Pts
  • ---  50 Pts
  • ---  25 Pts
Obviously, noone yet! Read the "Goal" section of this post and post your best score, accordingly. COMPETE WITH THE BEST!

Return (String) System.getMostRecentPieceOfValuableInformation();
Hotfix v0.80_02
-Fixed Arrows/Spider Web malfunctions caused by MCP-failcompiling. Hate it.

Release? Lol...
I've got no screens so far, but a neat YT-video of killerbeez. It's only the 0.20 version, though ^^'

Some notes from myself in this regard:
-The mobs of the first few waves DO have low health. Later types of mobs will, however, have more health, even more then players.
-Mobs can teleport themselve upon getting stucked, don't wory, they will find you. Or the shrine.
-You can adjust most of the settings, like day-time length, wave-size, etc
-You can as well define a limit of "max mobs spawned at once". The mod will split the waves if necessary to match the maximum size.
-As you don't have time to mine for advanced ressources or set up mob farms, you can use Light Crystals to transform lower tier materials into higher Tiers.
-There are a lot of uses for Soul Energy now

Check my Blog Word of Alblaka Industrial BlaBla for the most recent news on any stuff you want to know...
http://www.industrial-craft.net/

Mine 4 Dead
Version 0.80

If you want to use this mod for anything else then playing it, read the Copyright at the end of this post!

Posted Image
Support the developement of Mine4Dead by donating some cash to fund new weapons. Seriously, there are zombies out there trying to code your favourite modder :o

Sponsore'd by:
Posted Image

What's this?
THIS ... IS ... SPar...
No wait, actually not.
Instead, let's call this Mine 4 Dead.
This mod is for people who always complained about Minecraft being WAY too easy. "Of course, 50% of the playtime everything evil will just burn away!" "Creepers? Pah, it's DiamondSword-1-2-Gunpowder."
If you like those quotes, you will like this mod.

It completely overhauls Minecraft Gameplay and
is NOT meant to be played on previously generated / building maps!
If you start a new world with this mob, a Shrine (neat, golden, shiny Block, with blessed waterpool) will spawn nearby.
Your first objective is to locate said shrine. Once you completed this incredible difficult task, you should start to gather a few supplies and build something fort-like around the shrine. You got 15 minutes (unless you change this in the config) before the first day ends and night falls.
And then? Now, Nighttime = Evil Mob Wave spawntime!
Each midnight, the time will suddenly slow down, run past and do other mysterious thing, leaving you in a potentially ENDLESS night. This is the result of dark, demonic and herobrinic forces trying to corrupt the world of Minecraft.
The holy shrine can fend these influence off, but will continously loose power. To end the night, you have to find and eliminate all corrupted mobs spawned. Which usually isn't hard, because they tend to come for you, as well. Some mobs are even capable of attacking the shrine, causing it to consume it's power even faste.
And you do NOT want to be alive when it's power runs out.
Luckyly, after defeating all mobs, the night will break and a (short!) day will rise. Hurry up to gather some blocks, repair your fort and preparefor the next wave. As well, take note the shrine will regenerate a few HP over day.
And then the next Night falls... Good Luck.

What do I need?
First of all, this mod uses:
a ) Risugami's ModLoader
b ) Flan's ModLoader MP
c ) You can, optionally Install Risugami's AudioMod to enable Custom ModSounds for your Minecraft. Strongly recommended, as you otherwise will have silenced enemies, probably.

How to install this mod?
First of all, install ModLoader, AFTERWARDS (yes, this IS important) ModLoaderMP and THEN Mine4Dead (Seriously, don't mess up the order!).
You'll need to install ModLoaderMP EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT PLAYING ON A SERVER!
To install Mine4DEad, extract the archive you downloaded, drop the content of the "minecraft" folder into your minecraft.jar with WinRar or something similar and don't forget to delete this frikkin annoying META-INF folder.
That's it, everything else is optional.
You can NOT put the downloaded zip into your mods-folder. Now, you can, but it wont install the mod.

If you want to install the Custom Sounds, drag the "ressources" folder into your ".minecraft" directiory and confirm all overrides. It will merely add new sound files directly into the correct directory.

The download includes two txt-files:
M4DRecipes.txt has no direct influence on the program, but contains a list of all crafting recipes. Consider reading it if you can't figure recipes out.
MedievalCraftConfig.txt is the config file used by this mod.
The config will ALWAYS be read from whereever you're starting Minecraft. This can be the folder with the Minecraft.exe inside, or the desktop, if you use cmd-commands to start Minecraft.

The folder "server" can be ignored, unless you want to install Mine4Dead on your own server.
To do this, first install the Flan's MP ModLoader Server. You need the server-sided ModLoader MP, don't try the one you downloaded for your client!
Then just drop all content of the "server" folder into your minecraft_server.jar.
You may as well want to place the config file into the same folder as the jar. I highly disrecommend messing with the IDs (because it will crash quite everyone connecting), but you can use the additional settings for configuring the surviving chances of clients.

BUGLIST
Read BEFORE complaining, please!

Spoiler:

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

NEW CONTENT
Spoiler'd for the sake of size:
Spoiler:

The difficulty System:
Instead of relying on the vanilla Easy/Medium/Hard, this mod implements an own difficulty system: A dynamic one.
The number and power of a mob-wave will be determined by a "Difficulty Rating", which increases after every wave. The increments and starting value is based on the amount of players on the server (or your set difficulty, if you're playing SSP).
The higher the difficulty Rating, the more mobs players have to defeat (eventually in multiple waves per night, if the total amount of mobs exceeds what a server/client can handle, customizeable in the ConfigFile). As well, more dangerous mobs will only spawn on higher Difficulty Ratings. Same goes for "boss mobs" (like Herobrine).
Tip: The difficulty Rating increases by 50% for each additional player on the server. Do the math for yourself.

Goal/Aim:
The goal while playing this mod will NOT be building towns or stuff.
It won't be "winning" either.
The aim of this mod is to reach a high score (scores will be determined by the Difficulty rating reached) before players get killed and the Shrine destroyed.
Reaching a new TopScore will earn you a place in the HighScore Table above. If you even break the current record, you will gain the honor to suggest (PM!) a new mob with abilities to me. If it's makeable, you will be the one responsible for creating the next generation of nightmares!
To get your reward, post a screenshot of the GameOver (or a Wave-End) display, as it will show up wave count and score reached (so far).

Compatibiltiy:
As MedievalCraft showed up, modifying a lot of baseclasses generally causes a lot of porting work. Therefore, i will rather go for the mediocre way, trying to keep basefiles clean, but modifying them if necessary. The mod will probably be compatible with basic mods, but conflict with higher end mods like SDK, Planes or BTW.
Whenever i see a feature requiring a basefile modification, i will go for the feature and will NOT judge by whether mod X goes incompatible.
Currently, this mod modifys two minor files, namely EntityArrow (for burning arrows) and EntityCreature (to place a minor hook for Pathfinding of new mobs). Other mods modifying these files, too, will most likely be incompatible, sorry.
As well, this mod is INTENTIONALLY using the same ID's as IC and MeC. These mods are not meant to be mixed up!

FAQ:
If you dare to ask anything already answered here, you WILL be ignored.
Spoiler:

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, CREDITS
First of all, many thanks to the entire MCP team. Without their compiler, i couldn't have even started the mod.
As well, many thanks to Risugami, as his ModLoader is the most essential tool for anyone wanting to create clean modifications.
Same applys for Flan, scott and the other SDK guys respectively, as ModLoaderMP is same essential.
As well, i would like to thank personally...
Hankrecords & zeus kabob - for providing a few of the skins used in this mod. Actually, most of them.
Thanks ya all guys, you helped quite alot!

Any other mod creator is free to use this copyright text, as well
COPYRIGHT:
IMS-License (It's my stuff!)
Everything seen on this website/thread and directly related to the content of this post is copyright'd by the respective author of this mod (me, Alblaka). Any sort of files associated with this content (= the Download) may only be used for it's actual purpouse (installing and playing Mine4Dead). You may modify any or all of the content, but are NOT allowed to public any of it.
As well, noone besides the author and persons elected by the author are allowed to provide any download links. Everyone else is NOT allowed to public any sort of download, though he/she/it may hand out links to this website/thread instead.
Exspecially it is EXPLICITELY NOT allowed for anyone besides the author to earn any money by using this content's existence. This includes adfly, site advertisment and donations.
Any of the limitations above can be nullified by an explicite permission of the author.

Addition to the copyright:
You are free to use this mod for creating tutorial/let's play videos and publish them on YouTube.
Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
You want to have your own special mod? Commission me!

Register or log in to remove.

Holofire
    Holofire

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:12 PM

This is quite brilliant. Very fun and a good time killer. Nice work. Will defo use.

dsraider10

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

I have been looking for something like this for a long time. I will have to try it out!

Felderk5
  • Minecraft: Felderk5

Jolly good show. Very nice indeed.
Posted Image

gith00
    gith00

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

i thought of something you could have them come from high areas or from the sea more commonly if they are in range

Alblaka
    Alblaka

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2509 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:25 PM

Meh, we already found the first bug... the config seems to crash servers, unsure about Clients.

Either do not use the config, or remove all "ID***" lines from it, then it should run fine.

As well, it's late here and i will probably not be able to hotfix anything until tomorrow, sorry.

Shalashalska
  • Minecraft: Shalashalska, duh.

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:29 PM

Nice job. Also, it only took you ~10 days from starting the original topic to release. A lot faster than MeC.

Alblaka
    Alblaka

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2509 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:30 PM

View PostShalashalska, on 25 July 2011 - 08:29 PM, said:

Nice job. Also, it only took you ~10 days from starting the original topic to release. A lot faster than MeC.

Less basefile modification = more fun ^^

Tim_Kb
    Tim_Kb

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:46 PM

This looks Awesome, ofcourse if you just build a trap there's really nothing to it :P, though that's only if you want to play all lame and stuff.
I think it would be a good thing if certain mobs could destroy blocks that are blocking their passage, maybe even floating/flying mobs, so that a mere hole in the ground wouldn't stop them, that way you can't really build an insta win defense.

But anyway, thanks for creating this mod, I'm already looking forward to playing it with a friend :D
Posted Image
Please check out my mod idea! You might like it :3

Alblaka
    Alblaka

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2509 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

View PostTim_Kb, on 25 July 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

I think it would be a good thing if certain mobs could destroy blocks that are blocking their passage, maybe even floating/flying mobs, so that a mere hole in the ground wouldn't stop them, that way you can't really build an insta win defense.

You really think i wouldn't have thought about this factor? *evil grin*

Ok, lavatraps still work somewhat, currently, but that will be changed soon.

Bartios
    Bartios

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Minecraft: bartios

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:55 PM

look's awsome.
gonna play...
modders, use MC forge please

Tim_Kb
    Tim_Kb

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:56 PM

View PostAlblaka, on 25 July 2011 - 08:47 PM, said:

You really think i wouldn't have thought about this factor? *evil grin*

Ok, lavatraps still work somewhat, currently, but that will be changed soon.
It was actually more of an attempt to get some info on what you were still planning for the future. But that evil grin will suffice for me to know it's gonna be epic :3

Maybe you could also give the option to do it in the nether ?  (though you might have thought about that yourself (again))
Posted Image
Please check out my mod idea! You might like it :3

Alblaka
    Alblaka

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2509 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:38 PM

@Nether: Don't enter it. I'm not aware whether the Shrine-focu's engine can handle that XD
As well, i disrecommend using beds, it's somewhat buggy.

Hotfix released

The Creeper Ninja
  • Minecraft: boxhead24

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:55 PM

View PostAlblaka, on 25 July 2011 - 09:38 PM, said:

@Nether: Don't enter it. I'm not aware whether the Shrine-focu's engine can handle that XD
As well, i disrecommend using beds, it's somewhat buggy.

Hotfix released

When will new mobs be released?

Alblaka
    Alblaka

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2509 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:56 PM

View PostThe Creeper Ninja, on 25 July 2011 - 09:55 PM, said:

When will new mobs be released?

With the next update?

Shalashalska
  • Minecraft: Shalashalska, duh.

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:05 PM

It's cool, but a few bugs.
1. New zombies will occaisionally wallhax. As in they will teleport through a 1 thick wall with the shrine pressed up against the other side. Such as  :Zombie:  :cobblestone: :bookshelf:  where  :Zombie: = New zombie,  :cobblestone: = a 1 block thick wall of cobble that is 3 high, and :bookshelf: = Shrine with 1 block of air above, then 1 block of cobble.
2. Doors will stop everything. Perhaps allow them to open doors?
3. More an idea than a bug, but maybe you could try something like Kinniken's pathing from Millenaire for the mobs? It would also help with the door problem.
4. Also sorta an idea, but it's really annoying in the earlier waves when you fight off all these guys with ease, then get slaughtered by a single real minecraft spider. The normal minecraft mobs are really OP in earlier waves, so perhaps you could either nerf them or remove them completely? Or make them not spawn higher than 60 blocks, so they still spawn in caves and such, but will not spawn aboveground.
5. Really nasty bug, if you quit during a wave, it will stop the wave without giving you anything, and start the next one when you rejoin. So when I left I had like 3 mobs left in wave 2, then rejoined to have 200 mobs from wave 3.

And some ideas/suggestions:
Make purified soul pieces heal 4 hearts instead of 2, and make the shrine heal itself faster (During the day) Because if you take 4 or more minutes to kill all the mobs, you lose health for that day and night.

Alblaka
    Alblaka

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2509 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:51 PM

View PostShalashalska, on 25 July 2011 - 10:05 PM, said:

It's cool, but a few bugs.
1. New zombies will occaisionally wallhax. As in they will teleport through a 1 thick wall with the shrine pressed up against the other side. Such as  :Zombie:  :cobblestone: :bookshelf:  where  :Zombie: = New zombie,  :cobblestone: = a 1 block thick wall of cobble that is 3 high, and :bookshelf: = Shrine with 1 block of air above, then 1 block of cobble.
2. Doors will stop everything. Perhaps allow them to open doors?
3. More an idea than a bug, but maybe you could try something like Kinniken's pathing from Millenaire for the mobs? It would also help with the door problem.
4. Also sorta an idea, but it's really annoying in the earlier waves when you fight off all these guys with ease, then get slaughtered by a single real minecraft spider. The normal minecraft mobs are really OP in earlier waves, so perhaps you could either nerf them or remove them completely? Or make them not spawn higher than 60 blocks, so they still spawn in caves and such, but will not spawn aboveground.
5. Really nasty bug, if you quit during a wave, it will stop the wave without giving you anything, and start the next one when you rejoin. So when I left I had like 3 mobs left in wave 2, then rejoined to have 200 mobs from wave 3.

And some ideas/suggestions:
Make purified soul pieces heal 4 hearts instead of 2, and make the shrine heal itself faster (During the day) Because if you take 4 or more minutes to kill all the mobs, you lose health for that day and night.

1. The wallhax is the zombie way of unstucking themselves. Stupidly it will (of course) trigger if they're stuck in a trap (or in front of a wall) you built. Eventually i will limit the teleport to be only applyable if they are at least 32 blocks distant of the Shrine.
2. Nope, they can be broken by Breaker-Type's just like anything else. (BReaker-Types: Mobs intended for destroying blocks)
3. What exactly is this pathing about?
4. Ye, mobs can be evil, if you don't watch yourself. Just like in vanilla.
5. Quitting the game reset waves and scores.

xKillerbees
  • Minecraft: xKillerbees

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:03 AM

Nice, released it. Is there anyway to have the mod print out a score sheet when you lose so that people can provide the information? Kinda like a screenshot proving the score.

Going to get a video up soon of my buddies and I testing this out.

Posted Image

BrickedKeyboard

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:12 AM

Why aren't we meant to add industrialcraft?  Tesla coils would be great for killing monsters, and it would be amazing if you could build a shielded city around the shrine (EVENTUALLY, and it would be VERY VERY VERY hard) during which it is eternal night outside and the city is always under siege by monsters.

Well, that's an idea....the question is, is there a technical reason it isn't possible?  I checked and industrialcraft does NOT modify any base classes modified by this mod.

TheCrazyAl3x
  • Minecraft: TheCrazyAl3x
  • Xbox:The Mambai

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:15 AM

So is this like left 4 dead?

Posted Image