Latest News Article

[1.7.3][1.34]The Seasons Mod

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
855 replies to this topic

Nandonalt

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:44 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring. Now on Minecraft!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the Seasons Mod. A mod that adds the four seasons to Minecraft, each one with its own features(and danger!)

The first version is just the basic stuff! Other things are being planned, like seasonal mobs and plants!

(The mod is almost entirely configurable. If you don't like one feature, it's likely you can disable it on the config file!)

Feedback will be nice! :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------Downloads----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastest version: Seasons Mod - 1.34

Required: ModLoader;

ScotTools OR SAPI.

This mods edits the following core classes:

kd.class - BiomeGenBase

jh.class - ColorizerFoliage

So you need to put all the contents of the .rar inside your minecraft.jar! Placing the file on the ".minecraft/mods" folder will not work!

Changelog:

Spoiler:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*-*-* GENERAL *-*-*

By default, each Season is 7 nights long(you can change each season length individually)*. The transition between seasons days are 00h30m*, 30 minecraft "minutes" after the default minecraft sleep.

When you create a new world, or load a world without a season, that world will start in the middle* of a random* season.

Most of the features are disabled on multiplayer, but it's recommended that you restart Minecraft if you log from a SP world to a MP world.

(Features marked with a * means that feature is configurable on the config file)

*-*-* GENERAL FEATURES *-*-*

* - Nerfed getting seeds from tallgrass. It's 250% harder(It's not that bad, really), but it balances out very well.
* - Will show an image when transitioning to a Season to another, to show what's the new one. It's non-invasive and fades away in some seconds.

*-*-* VIDEOS*-*-*

Showcase by MinecraftScorpion:

Showcase/Tutorial by Alivejai:

*-*-* KNOWN ISSUES *-*-*
For  some unknown reason, or a curse, or something... the water flow speeds  up only on daylight of summer. I have spelunked every piece of code and  there's nothing left there. I'll try more, and maybe it'll be fixed on  1.4.

Posted Image

*-*-* SUMMER *-*-*

The HOT Season. Probably the most dangerous.

Features:

* - All Summer rains will be thunderstorms;

* - Instead of snow, it'll only rain on snowy biomes(but not defrost);

* - Wheat will grow 1.5x faster;

*-  If you are on the desert, and is not under something, you'll take a random damage each time interval;

* - Summer rain will destroy most of the plants on plains(will clean the excessive plants grown at Spring);

* - Along with Spring, will defrost ice/snow on non-snowy biomes(to clean snow from Winter);

DISABLED: * - Days are longer, nights are shorter;

Posted Image

*-*-* AUTUMN *-*-*

Adds an orange feel to the Minecraft Vegetation.

Features:

* - Grass and Leaves have a modifier color spectrum;

* - Yellow and Red flowers change their on-world textures to match the grass.;

* -  You'll get bonus wheat when harvesting.

Posted Image

*-*-* WINTER *-*-*

The COLD Season. Snow and ice will not be rare on this one! Not a lot of features, but nicely changes the gameplay!

Features:

* -  It's ALWAYS snowing on Winter, everywhere but the Desert/Hell. This will make your days darker!
* - On Winter, the cold biomes will be cold as hell(?!). So, on the cold biomes, like Tundra, Taiga, and Ice Deserts, you'll get frostbite if you stay outside too much. It'll hurt you and slow you down, so careful! To prevent this, just wear a full leather armor.

DISABLED: * - Nights are longer and days are shorter.

Posted Image

*-*-* SPRING *-*-*

The plant season! Probably the most invasive and overpowered one :P

Features:

* -  Tall grass, plants, and custom plants(if added on config) will grow on grassblocks affected directly by the sunlight.

*-*-* ITEMS *-*-*

The mod also adds two new items to Minecraft!

* Season Watch:

Posted Image

Recipe: 2 gold bars, 2 iron bars and redstone dust.

An item used to check in which Season you are. It spins counter-clockwise, and if they are perfectly aligned, the current season is the one on the right.
You can right-click it. It'll tell you the current Season, the current Season Day, and the days left on that season.

* Thermometer:

Posted Image

Recipe: 3 iron bars, one block of glass and redstone dust.

A neat item that shows the estimated temperature of the place that you are. It's affected* by the Winter and Summer seasons.
When right-clicked, will tell you the current biome and the temperature, in %.
(Please be aware that each xz has a different temperature, and it's not affected by lava, ice, or anything.)

*-*-* CONFIG *-*-*

This mod uses the default ModLoader config saving, so the configuration is stored and commented in the ".minecraft/config/mod_seasons.cfg" file.

You edit the ones not commented(without the #).

Also, if add Spring's custom Block IDs, you NEED to add a max metadata to the other field(0 if none). Otherwise, it'll crash.

*-*-* CHEATING *-*-*

To change the current season of your world:

-> Download NBTEditor and edit the SeasonInfo.dat file on your world folder;

-> Enable the "debug" command on the config, so when you press the key "H" you change the season, and when you press "J", you skip a day of it.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

MajCarnage
  • Minecraft: Maj_Carnage

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:47 PM

This is perfect! Ive been waiting for something like this for ages when weather came out i thought that it was gonna be like this but i was wrong. I will mos def try this out.

Oh yeah and FIRST!
Posted Image
Raw Porkchop + Fire= Cooked Porkchop

Rai
    Rai

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:48 PM

You have gone beyond Minecraft! :)
Creepers are our friends.

Obisky
    Obisky

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Minecraft: obisky

I might jut have to try this...  looks awesome!

Yododo
    Yododo

Carpenter

• Members
  • 51 posts

:Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:   :Diamond:   love it thank you for this!!!!!!!!

Darkagent1

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:52 PM

:blink: thats my reaction

Posted Image

Albazaar
  • Minecraft: Albazaar

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:56 PM

Looks very nice!

:Diamond: :Diamond:

mmdawg1
    mmdawg1

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 808 posts
  • Minecraft: MidnightChipmunk

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:56 PM

What happens if you have a texture pack?
Beware of the...Chipmunk!

mmdawg1
    mmdawg1

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 808 posts
  • Minecraft: MidnightChipmunk

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:58 PM

View PostYododo, on 24 July 2011 - 10:48 PM, said:

:Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:   :Diamond:   love it thank you for this!!!!!!!!

Don't you just love the Aether!
Beware of the...Chipmunk!

Foxy1990
    Foxy1990

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:58 PM

wow! great work once again
| More Creeps, Humans+, Mocreatures Mod Install | Taming horse guides | Updates to Minecraft + More
All on my channel http://www.youtube.c.../MrMinecraftfox

Epic_poptarts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:36 PM

can you make it compatible with mac? i really like the look of the mod and ould love to be able to get it. Thanks!  :D

Killify
    Killify

Carpenter

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:39 PM

Wow, this mod is amazing! Things like this and Survivalism make Minecraft so much more realistic, why are so many mods like this coming out? Still, epic mod, I'll use it :)

The Creeper Ninja
  • Minecraft: boxhead24

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:40 PM

Is it compatible with Aether or Mo' Creatures because I need this in my world :)

strongecko15
  • Location: Look behind you then back to your computer where am i check behind you then kill that pig now look in the ather
  • Minecraft: strongecko15

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:41 PM

compatible with aether?
Posted Image

strongecko15
  • Location: Look behind you then back to your computer where am i check behind you then kill that pig now look in the ather

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:43 PM

you know what ill test :P
Posted Image

strongecko15

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:45 PM

since it doesent edit classfiles and doesent add many blocks i think it should work.
Posted Image

Qtri
    Qtri

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1167 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:48 PM

I was like this is totally fake :\ but when I saw ur username I knew it was 100% real,and by the way epic mod,well be downloaded
Posted Image

whileloop
  • Minecraft: whileloops

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:51 PM

I had the same idea. I'm planning on learning Java soon I'll probably make another mod.

pieman495

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:53 PM

Words cannot express the gratitude I feel for you(and your modding team if you had one if not more props) I had grown Tired of the seasons/weather in Minecraft So this so Renewing it is like  spring after winter for me(this would have been funnier if you or me were getting into spring).Are you planning natural disasters( please say yes!)? I have so many more Questions and I cannot wait to ask them but I have to!

Posted Image

Eruviluion

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:58 PM

Nice!