Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Cacti SHOULDENT DESTROY ITEMS ON CONTACT!


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#21

Ramona
    Ramona

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 991 posts
  • Location: Subspace

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

View PostMorshu9000, on 17 April 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

It doesn't make sense for items to destroy to a cactus. How does that make sense at all? If I get shot by a skeleton when I'm next to a cactus, I lose my stuff.
Off-Topic: The quote in your signature O_o
Anyway, On topic, I say they should only STICK on the cactus not destroy it. But Cactus destroying items is acceptable since Minecraft is not supposed to be realistic.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

#22

kalajel
    kalajel

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1450 posts
  • Location: QC, Canada
  • Minecraft: kalajel

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

Oh look, it's that thread again...

Edit: well it seems that thread got deleted...

#23

Kholdstare
    Kholdstare

    Blaze Extinguisher

  • Members
  • 4841 posts
  • Location: I could probably put an overused/bad joke here, but instead I put this when I should be telling the world my location.
  • Minecraft: Giygas924

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Destroy it...
To a Cactus!

Being serious, at least "hard" stuff shouldn't destroy to a cactus--as in, stone/iron/diamond stuff and then some.

Posted ImageDid something happen to you in your childhood to give you this unreasonable fear of rutabaga?Posted Image‚Äč


#24

Godzilla_uses_FireFox

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

Items are considered entity's, just like cows or players. The only way to fix this is to stop cacti from harming entity's, which would destroy your trap as well.
Posted Image

#25

Morshu9000
  • Location: My Chateau
  • Minecraft: bomb56

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostAbrogation, on 17 April 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

Off-Topic: The quote in your signature O_o
Anyway, On topic, I say they should only STICK on the cactus not destroy it. But Cactus destroying items is acceptable since Minecraft is not supposed to be realistic.
My quote is a meme that started on this forum from a thread like this about cacti destroying stuff.

Also, your logic doesn't make sense. Just because something is unrealistic doesn't mean it's good (if creepers always corrupted the map on explosion, it would be unrealistic and therefor good). More importantly, it just doesn't make sense that cacti would destroy items..... why would they?

View PostGodzilla_uses_FireFox, on 17 April 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

Items are considered entity's, just like cows or players. The only way to fix this is to stop cacti from harming entity's, which would destroy your trap as well.
Not exactly. Note that arrows and damage potions, although they harm entities, cannot destroy items. Making an exception for cacti would not be difficult.
Using a Mac, the best kind of PC. Why? Cause Windows destroys to a cactus.
Posted Image

#26

Pxex
    Pxex

    Void Walker

  • Members
  • 1758 posts
  • Minecraft: Pxex

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

*Reads title*
*Doesn't read rest of thread*
*Supports*

#27

Morshu9000
  • Location: My Chateau
  • Minecraft: bomb56

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:37 AM

View PostPxex, on 18 April 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

*Reads title*
*Doesn't read rest of thread*
*Supports*
Yeah. Stuff should never destroy to a cactus!
Using a Mac, the best kind of PC. Why? Cause Windows destroys to a cactus.
Posted Image

#28

lolpierandom
  • Location: 'MURIKA
  • Minecraft: lolpierandom

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

What happened to that memegenerator pic with MY STUFF DESTROYS TO A CACTUS?

Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov said:

Democracy is indispensable to socialism.
Disagree with my post? Great! Dissent creates progress; make sure to reply with why you disagree.

#29

Blockologist
  • Minecraft: Blockologist

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:34 AM

View PostMorshu9000, on 17 April 2012 - 05:37 AM, said:

Yeah, I hate it when my items destroy to a cactus. WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Why did you necro a thread from November 2010? This should be against the rules...

#30

Morshu9000
  • Location: My Chateau
  • Minecraft: bomb56

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:02 AM

View Postkalajel, on 17 April 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

Oh look, it's that thread again...

Edit: well it seems that thread got deleted...
Don't worry, I saved it in case KnowYourMeme wants it.

Posted Image

View PostBlockologist, on 18 April 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

Why did you necro a thread from November 2010? This should be against the rules...
Necro?
Using a Mac, the best kind of PC. Why? Cause Windows destroys to a cactus.
Posted Image

#31

Bumber
    Bumber

    Portal Expert

  • Members
  • 5000 posts
  • Location: Loafing around like bread and growing binary trees.
  • Minecraft: rwilliams1990

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:19 AM

I agree that items shouldn't destroy to a cactus. Lava over ladder traps work much better anyway.
Spoiler:
I lurk sometimes. I don't post anymore.

#32

Morshu9000
  • Location: My Chateau
  • Minecraft: bomb56

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:26 AM

View PostBumber, on 18 April 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

I agree that items shouldn't destroy to a cactus. Lava over ladder traps work much better anyway.
Yeah, it's not useful for traps. I just hate it when cactus destroys to cactus when I'm chopping it to get some and when I die next to a cactus and lose all of my stuff.
Using a Mac, the best kind of PC. Why? Cause Windows destroys to a cactus.
Posted Image

#33

blitzscrank
  • Location: In the galaxy right below the Ursa Major II
  • Minecraft: blitzscrank

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:17 AM

Necro is a term when you post in a thread that has been "dead" for a very long time. If you see a thread over 5 months old or more, you shouldn't post in it.

Also if this cactus doesn't destroy anymore, some creations would be useless. Cactus shouldn't destroy cactus though.
Posted Image

#34

Bumber
    Bumber

    Portal Expert

  • Members
  • 5000 posts
  • Location: Loafing around like bread and growing binary trees.
  • Minecraft: rwilliams1990

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

View Postblitzscrank, on 18 April 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

Also if this cactus doesn't destroy anymore, some creations would be useless. Cactus shouldn't destroy cactus though.
Fire and lava can replace cacti for incinerators.

What about iron, diamonds, and obsidian? Stone, even? Should cacti destroy those? It doesn't make sense that bunch of little needles can completely destroy such stuff. They can cause living organisms to bleed, but that's about it.
Spoiler:
I lurk sometimes. I don't post anymore.

#35

Vaylen
    Vaylen

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:03 AM

Yoda says, to a cactus, destroy not. I support.
Legit survival creations: http://www.minecraft...ival-creations/

#36

Morshu9000
  • Location: My Chateau
  • Minecraft: bomb56

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

View Postblitzscrank, on 18 April 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

Necro is a term when you post in a thread that has been "dead" for a very long time. If you see a thread over 5 months old or more, you shouldn't post in it.

Also if this cactus doesn't destroy anymore, some creations would be useless. Cactus shouldn't destroy cactus though.
Oh, my cousin sent me this and told me to say "It destroys to a cactus!" on it. I don't know how he even found it.
Using a Mac, the best kind of PC. Why? Cause Windows destroys to a cactus.
Posted Image

#37

Forro
    Forro

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

you know what, just make the mobs fall through a lava pit held up by signs. you can put signs on signs you know. Just have a 1 block think lava thing they drop through then they'll land with free, COOKED. meat.

Edit: Didn't see it was a really old topic. this needs to be locked :/

#38

Theriasis
    Theriasis

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 974 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

View PostForro, on 16 January 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

Edit: Didn't see it was a really old topic. this needs to be locked :/
No it doesn't. Only offensive and repeat threads get locked. Just pay attention to the post dates next time.

#39

Coalshower
  • Location: CoalShower Island
  • Minecraft: CoalShower

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

View PostForro, on 16 January 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

you know what, just make the mobs fall through a lava pit held up by signs. you can put signs on signs you know. Just have a 1 block think lava thing they drop through then they'll land with free, COOKED. meat.

Edit: Didn't see it was a really old topic. this needs to be locked :/

View PostTheriasis, on 16 January 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:


No it doesn't. Only offensive and repeat threads get locked. Just pay attention to the post dates next time.

Lol way to go bumping a 2010 topic. And how did you guys even get here?

Posted Image


#40

Theriasis
    Theriasis

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 974 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostRex1900Roblox, on 16 January 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

And how did you guys even get here?
Uhhhh, Forro went snooping back in the thread graveyard and decided to revive this thread? Then I posted after he bumped this topic and brought it page 1? How else?