Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article


[32x][1.0.0] Decraftik v2.1 Retired


  • Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

#1

degraph
    degraph

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 315 posts
  • Location: USA
  • Minecraft: degraph

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:35 PM

32x Decraftik Texture pack

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say thanks for all your support for my pack over the last year or so, but I've decided to retire it. Right now, I don't have the time to keep it up to date on the regular basis that Minecraft is being updated.

I will be keeping the current Legal terms applicable to Decraftik which are below.

Thanks for the awesome experience and I'll see ya laters.

[LEGAL] Decraftik by deGraph is protected by copyright and/or other applicable law. You may not use this work for commercial purposes, you may not alter, transform, or build upon this work or any files contained within the Decraftik Pack. You may not upload the Decraftik Pack to another location and/or place said pack behind an advertising link or site.

Register or log in to remove.

#2

TheAwesomeNathan
  • Location: London
  • Minecraft: ohmydoddtv

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

Very nice so far! :D
Posted Image

#3

FoxChicken
  • Minecraft: FoxChicken

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

Looks good so far. Can't wait to see the finished product.

#4

Dovahk
    Dovahk

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

I like what you've done w/ the refined ores :D
Very Nice :D Keep up the good work
Posted Image

#5

Draktonius853

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

looks awesome!

#6

degraph
    degraph

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 315 posts
  • Location: USA
  • Minecraft: degraph

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:41 PM

View PostDovahk, on 21 July 2011 - 10:39 PM, said:

I like what you've done w/ the refined ores :D
Very Nice :D Keep up the good work

Thanks! Ya, after making my previous pack, I realized there's really nothing to do with the refined ore blocks... so, why not make them just decorative :)

#7

muCkk
    muCkk

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:05 PM

sounds interesting, i'm gonna watch your thread :)

Ported Mods for the latest recommended build of Craftbukkit can be found on
Posted Image


#8

dorianGREY326
  • Location: Australia
  • Minecraft: dorianGREY326

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:39 PM

looks great so far. but i might say it looks a little plastic in places. some of the objects have this beautiful sheen (the iron block for example) then something like cobblestone which is a matte object still has a gloss, which feels completely off putting.

but as far as artistic direction and talent go, this is a GREAT pack.and to have it complete by monday would be a stunning result.
Posted Image

#9

chickenparmi
  • Location: Adelaide
  • Minecraft: chickenparmi

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:44 PM

WOW. This is incredible, good job.
My texture pack:
Posted Image

#10

degraph
    degraph

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 315 posts
  • Location: USA
  • Minecraft: degraph

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:14 AM

View PostdorianGREY326, on 21 July 2011 - 11:39 PM, said:

looks great so far. but i might say it looks a little plastic in places. some of the objects have this beautiful sheen (the iron block for example) then something like cobblestone which is a matte object still has a gloss, which feels completely off putting.

but as far as artistic direction and talent go, this is a GREAT pack.and to have it complete by monday would be a stunning result.

I see what you mean, thanks for the mini critique! I'll see what I can do.

As for having the textures done for Monday, that's just my own little personal goal... I'm a freelancer and when I made that post, my work was done... once I hit post, *poof* - another job came in... so i doubt I'll have all the textures done for Monday, but I'll still try :D

#11

BeuTube
    BeuTube

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 686 posts
  • Minecraft: BeuTube

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:46 AM

Great work graph! The ores look like glass :D :D :D good job

Posted Image

Proud builder of The Voxel Box


#12

dorianGREY326
  • Location: Australia
  • Minecraft: dorianGREY326

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:17 AM

View Postdegraph, on 22 July 2011 - 12:14 AM, said:

I see what you mean, thanks for the mini critique! I'll see what I can do.

As for having the textures done for Monday, that's just my own little personal goal... I'm a freelancer and when I made that post, my work was done... once I hit post, *poof* - another job came in... so i doubt I'll have all the textures done for Monday, but I'll still try :D

your work is fantastic! dont rush it hahaha.

good luck with the pack and the new job, I look forward to stealing taking inspiration from your brilliant ideas ahhahahaha.
Posted Image

#13

degraph
    degraph

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 315 posts
  • Location: USA
  • Minecraft: degraph

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

Quick update: few more textures added. I don't know if I like or don't like the wools. The predicament is always: "Do I want it to look like a fabric? Or just a color block?"

Cheers!
!de

#14

xlBloodlx

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:24 AM

View Postdegraph, on 22 July 2011 - 10:16 PM, said:

Quick update: few more textures added. I don't know if I like or don't like the wools. The predicament is always: "Do I want it to look like a fabric? Or just a color block?"
I was thinking you should make some decorative blocks out of the wool ,perhaps some sort of old TV or a two-block sized flatscreen. maybe something similar to a meme or even a computer screen and tower  ,But then again this seems to be and RPG styled pack I would think you might want to go for something like a mantle piece or something similar
http://signaturecraf...inecraft/Blurry Forest/xlBloodlx/xlBloodlx/FPS Killing machine`Trap Builder.png
Posted Image

#15

degraph
    degraph

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 315 posts
  • Location: USA
  • Minecraft: degraph

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:10 PM

Added a bunch more textures to terrain.png. Might actually be able to finish it today. I'll try to get a download up soon so anyone interested can take a peek and provide me any insight or feedback.

Cheers!

Posted Image


Posted Image


Posted Image


#16

xlBloodlx

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:16 PM

Love the work you've been doing keep it up
http://signaturecraf...inecraft/Blurry Forest/xlBloodlx/xlBloodlx/FPS Killing machine`Trap Builder.png
Posted Image

#17

mazling
    mazling

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:34 AM

I think the trick to drawing items is to not try making them too ornate.  Anyway, I'll give this a go even if I'm not a fan of the RPG packs - you have a good eye ;-)

#18

XSSheep
    XSSheep

    Creeper Destroyer

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 5712 posts
  • Location: Under your bed, Australia
  • Minecraft: XSSheep

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:50 AM

Wow, this looks wonderful! Great work, definitely keeping an eye on this!

One thing though, from the bridge picture, the cobble looks a bit too plastic. I think it needs a bit more detail on it. :)

Posted Image


#19

degraph
    degraph

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 315 posts
  • Location: USA
  • Minecraft: degraph

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:44 PM

View PostxlBloodlx, on 25 July 2011 - 09:16 PM, said:

Love the work you've been doing keep it up


thanks!

View Postmazling, on 26 July 2011 - 11:34 AM, said:

I think the trick to drawing items is to not try making them too ornate.  Anyway, I'll give this a go even if I'm not a fan of the RPG packs - you have a good eye ;-)


Ya, the key is definitely knowing what is needed and what is not. Makes you really appreciate the old school games we grew up with. I'm trying to not stray too RPG-ish, I think I'm more or less trying to bridge the gap between rpg-texture and alternative. Which is why I didn't get the palette too bright and when it comes time for it, the items.png will resemble classic items and not shiny-ass-jewel-encrusted stuff.

View PostXSSheep, on 26 July 2011 - 11:50 AM, said:

Wow, this looks wonderful! Great work, definitely keeping an eye on this!

One thing though, from the bridge picture, the cobble looks a bit too plastic. I think it needs a bit more detail on it. :)

I've been fighting the "plastic-cobble" syndrome for a few days now. I still see the problem with it. I might keep the pattern I made for it, and completely re-texture it.

#20

davidknag

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:13 PM

i love it, it's gonna be awesome when finished!