0.31 released! Leaves work again!
668,116 downloads! Woot!
Zeppelin is a mod you can use to fly ships around in the Minecraft world. It is not limited to the world grid, but can move freely in space.
An awesome runthrough by GNS.
My old, very old video:
Note: This mod is BETA - There is a good chance it will crash, but is stable enough for people to use now. If you get a crash dump, please post what you were doing, and the crash log in this thread.
Create a craft controller block
Airship moves forward/back, up/down, and can turn. Ship moves forward/back and can turn. Elevator only goes up/down. Turntable only rotates.
Place this block on your 'ship'. The direction you place the block will determine the forward direction for the craft. Right click the block. The craft will be determined. If it is too large, you will get an error. Default max size is 1024 blocks.
Blocks that will not be accepted as part of a ship by default (you can change this - see configuration section):
- A few more random things like flowers and mushrooms
The following blocks will be included, but will not chain to other blocks when detecting a ship (you can change this - see configuration section):
- Minecart Rails
- Redstone Wire
- Redstone Repeaters
- Melon/Pumpkin Stem
- Lilly Pad
- Nether Wart
- *See config for exact list
8 Increase speed
2 Decrease speed
4 Rotate left
6 Rotate right
* Align to grid
You can configure the controls in your options.txt, see below.
You can control the ship as long as you are standing on it (or near it in some cases).
If you jump off while the ship is in motion, wave goodbye.
Right clicking the controller block will cause the ship to stop, realign to the world grid, and rejoin the world.
Create a compass block!
This compass is placed like a regular block, and will point Notch-North (towards the rising sun, at +X)
Any sign on an active craft will have the following string transforms done to each line.
#X# - The current X position of the controller.
#Y# - The current Y position of the controller.
#Z# - The current Z position of the controller.
#S# - The forward speed of the craft.
#A# - The current ascent rate of the craft.
#R# - The current rotation rate of the craft.
#H# - The current heading of the craft.
#C# - The ID of the craft.
Additional ideas for this are welcome!
A remote control for the Zeppelin controllers!
- Link a remote to a controller via right-clicking it when active.
- Right clicking anything else will tell you the craft it is linked to (message shown in screenshot above).
- If you have a remote in your hand, you can control the remote ship with the normal controls.
- If you are on a ship, and have a remote in your hand, you control the remote ship, and not then ship you are on, so you can make hanger doors and stuff without giving commands to both ships at once.
- #C# sign will tell you the ID of the ship.
- Remote linkages persist across saves.
- You can have multiple remotes for one craft.
mod_Zeppelin-client-18.104.22.168.31.zip (Adfly) MD5 A34F100C426EBA6711B6B20CDAE69C1D
*Installation of 0.31 requires you to extract wu.class from the mod_Zeppelin-client-22.214.171.124.31.zip and place it in your minecraft.jar.
mod_Zeppelin-guiControls-126.96.36.199.31.zip (optional) (Adfly) MD5 65C039004BBCB61C10D548C4DB48D3F4
mod_Zeppelin-client-188.8.131.52.30.zip (Adfly) MD5 4E0CE98C9F8769FD3CE2831B94DA6694
*Installation of 0.30 requires you to extract wu.class from the mod_Zeppelin-client-184.108.40.206.30.zip and place it in your minecraft.jar.
mod_Zeppelin-guiControls-220.127.116.11.30.zip (optional) (Adfly) MD5 65C039004BBCB61C10D548C4DB48D3F4
mod_Zeppelin-client-18.104.22.168.29.zip (Adfly) MD5 D9FE5CB97EA6208ECCE4CFC3FA91900E
*Installation of 0.29 requires you to extract wu.class from the mod_Zeppelin-client-22.214.171.124.29.zip and place it in your minecraft.jar.
mod_Zeppelin-guiControls-126.96.36.199.29.zip (optional) (Adfly) MD5 5AF28E882A912B9625DD4F7BCF10D5DE
This mod requires ModLoader!
- Install ModLoader
- Place Zeppelin-client-&--#60;version&--#62;.zip in the /mods/ folder.
- (0.14+ only) Extract the specified class from mod_Zeppelin-client.zip, and put it in your minecraft.jar
- (1.0.0 for Mac)
- Cart Mod
- CCTV (craft controls will fail)
The configuration file can be found in your minecraft folder under /config/mod_Zeppelin.cfg. If it does not exist it will be created at runtime. These configuration settings are currently implemented, along with their defaults:
The block rotation database is located in /config/MetaRotation/Vanilla.meta. If you would like to add rotation support for another block (ie buildcraft) you can create another .meta file in this directory, and it will be automatically included. If you create entries, please post them and I will add them to the section here so we can get a nice database going.
The following spoiler contains any MetaRotation data that people create for other mods. If you change the block ID, you will have to update it. But the : meta numbers will be the same. Take the chunks you want, and put them in a .meta file in your /config/MetaRotation/ directory.
- Fixed crash with leaves and a few other blocks from 0.30
- 1.2.5 support!
- 1.2.4 support!
- Fixed dispensers firing fireballs sideways
- Fixed world height &--#62; 128 bug.
- Better dispenser action! Doesn't fire sideways anymore!
- Turrets and other 'stationary' entities should stop floating upwards.
- Works much better with Djoslin's cannonpowder mod.
- You can now set the compass or remote ID to -1 to disable them (therefore consuming no block IDs or sprites)
- Added minimal_sprites option for people strapped for terrain sprites.
- Signs rotate properly again.
- 1.2.3 support!
- Fixed crashes when removing blocks from bottom of craft.
- You can walk through walls sometimes
- Pistons only work if they are higher than the controller.
Torches emit no light, neither does glowstone.
- Players can sometimes fail to collide horizontally with blocks when the ship is rotating
- Bounding boxes are grid aligned even during rotation.
- Water is crazy. Stay away from it. Submarines are not possible yet.
- Pressure plates do not power redstone.
Controller disappears randomly. Placing a block causes it to reappear. Ship can vanish and disappear at a previous location. Signs not rotating properly. Issues with redstone signal propagation through repeaters
- Creative doesn't work properly.
- Ships consume fuel (configurable)
- Crashing the ship at high speed will cause blocks to break
- Larger ships are slower to accelerate and turn (configurable?)
- More complicated (and expensive) recipe
Q: What is the block ID for the controller?
A: Block ID 195 by default in version 0.5 and higher (165 for 0.1 through 0.4).
Q: How can I change the controls?
A: Either use the in game control editor, or edit the options.txt in your .minecraft folder (Start-&--#62;Run-&--#62;%appdata%/.minecraft/). The numbers for the keys are scancodes, which you can find here. Minecraft's config.txt requires DECIMAL scancodes. NOT hex. Picture!
Here's a different control scheme based on arrow keys, pgup/pgdn, home/end.
Q: But the "Done" button is in the way! How can I change the controls in game?
A: Download the guiControls fix in the Downloads section. Put the file in your minecraft.jar, and then the "Done" button will move when you resize the window.
Q: I can only move up and down! Help!
A: Make sure your NUMLOCK is on! If you don't know what that is, google it!
Q: I get a black screen and no crash dump, what can I do?
A: If you get the black screen with no error, create the following batch file file (or put it in your start-&--#62;run)
java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -cp "%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar;%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin\jinput.jar;%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin\lwjgl.jar;%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin\lwjgl_util.jar" -Djava.library.path="%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin\natives" net.minecraft.client.Minecraft
You should now get a command prompt with all the java messages, and minecraft should start. When it crashes, this window should have your stacktrace.
Q: Why can't I use block X?
A: You can try! See the configuration section above.
Q: Aether/modblah doesn't work!
A: Check for a block ID conflict in your modloader.txt
Q: I have an error report that says "avax.imageio.IIOException: Error reading PNG metadata"
A: Make sure you have the latest version of java. If that still doesn't fix it, post the error report.
Q: Can you make a Bukkit / Spout version?
A: No. SMP will be ModloaderMP.
Q: Can you make this compatible with MineCraft Forge?
A: It is compatible! Zeppelin is not dependent on forge, but will work alongside any forge mod you have.
Q: Where is OPTIONS.txt?
A: In the %APPDATA%/.minecraft/ folder on windows, or in &--#60;user&--#62;/Library/Application Support/minecraft for OS X.
Q: I can't find the controller in creative mode!
A: Creative is not supported yet. You can probably craft the controller like normal, but I don't know if it will fly.
Q: My question wasn't in here!
A: Make a post! Start it with 'I read the OP but...' and please state what version of the mod you are having issues with. If you ask a question that was answered in this post, I will not answer you!