Latest News Article

[SURV] Mine 4 Dead: Blockhawk Down

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

bananafone31
  • Minecraft: bananafone

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:02 PM

POPULAR

Note to the people linked here via gaming websites: This is *not* a mod. It is a adventure map with a custom skin. No coding has taken place, and there is no need to mess with the .jar files. Hope that clears up some of the confusion I've been seeing!

Mine 4 Dead: Blockhawk Down

Contents

+Intro
+Screenshots
+Videos
+Rules
+Difficulty Settings
+Mods Recommended
+Installation Guide
+Known Issues
+Bug Fixes/Change Log
+Downloads
+Credits

Intro

You and the other survivors just crash landed. The city is swarming with infected. Can you make it to the rescue boat? Or will you die trying?

Includes

+Complete SSP and SMP Map

-Three unique and detail rich levels

-Safe Rooms with Beds

-A Four minute finale event

-Teleport Checkpoints. You can teleport dead group members back to you at these checkpoints

+Custom Left 4 Dead Texture Pack
+All Left 4 Dead (1&2) Character Skins, so you can mix and match!
+Large Downloadable Poster

Screenshots

Posted Image

Title Screen.

Posted Image

Looking out over the city from the spawn point.

Posted Image

Spawn point. Your pilot was infected so you crash landed here after shooting him.

Posted Image

Federal Plaza. Parts of the map are based on Chicago architecture. Can you recognize all of the landmarks?

Posted Image

Bombed out buildings!

Posted Image

Graffiti from the L4D games!

Posted Image

A Safe Room door. Other survivors have provided you with arrows throughout the city pointing safest route.

Posted Image

When you see it... (Special infected textures)

Posted Image

Your Goal: A coast guard ship waiting for you and other survivors at the pier.

Video

Trailer by keither60:

Let's Play video by inawordnope: Part 1

Let's Play of the Second Level by the Creeper's Den:

Rules

1. No Block Breaking (including fire)

2. You are only allowed to carry one melee weapon and 3 food items at a time (8 cookies count as 1 item).

3. Teleport ability is only allowed in SMP and only once per checkpoint per level attempt. They look like this:

Posted Image

Difficulty Settings

Single Player:
Easy (Recommended)
Normal (If you're badass)
Hard (Suicidal)

Two Players
Normal (Recommended)
Hard (If you're badass)

Three Players
Normal (Slightly easier than recommended)
Hard (Slightly harder than recommended)

Four Players
Hard (Recommended)

Mods Recommended

If you're playing with others, you will need a server mod that allows teleport commands.

Recommended: Essentials Mod

This is a server mod that allows teleportation. Instructions for download, installation, and use can be found at the link below.

Link: http://ess.khhq.net/...mmand_Reference

Installation Guide

Windows

1) Download the Map from mediafire.com (Link Given)
2) Put the .zip file on your desktop (or somewhere where you can easily find it again.)
3) Press Start, and type in %appdata%. Click into Roaming. *XP - Press Start, Run, then %appdata%. Click into Roaming.
4) Go into .minecraft/saves.
5) Unzip the Mine 4 Dead Folder (already done) and place the unzipped folder into the saves folder.
6) Play and Enjoy!

Mac

1) Download the map from mediafire.com (Link Given)
2) Put the .zip file on your desktop (or somewhere where you can easily find it again.)
3) Go into: Finder/Application Support/minecraft/saves.
4) Unzip the Mine 4 Dead Folder (already done) and place the unzipped folder into the saves folder.
5) Play and Enjoy!

Multiplayer

1) Download the map from mediafire.com (Link Given)
3) Go into your minecraft server directory.
4) Rename the current world folder with something relevant to that map. e.g if it has a Castle, rename it Castle.
5) Paste the Mine 4 Dead Folder into the minecraft server directory.
6) If you are using a multiworld setup, use that plugin's instructions for importing the world. If this is the only world, you can either rename the folder to 'world' or change the default world in server.properties.
7) Run the Server and Play!

Known Issues

-If you load the map while your difficulty setting is on "Peaceful", Diamond Chestplate can cause invincibility. If this happens to you, either don't use the armor, or spawn yourself an iron chestplate in its stead. You can also try reloading the map after you set the difficulty level to something else.

Bug Fixes/Change Log

Texture Pack Update for Beta 1.8
-Added Witches
-Added Prison Bars
-Added default textures for new blocks

v 1.2
-Added new rule about weapons and food
-Balanced chest loot
-Filled a hole in the sewers
-Added more waypoint arrows

v 1.1
-Blocked off alleyway that was left open.
-Added more waypoint arrows
-Removed Ghast Spawners
-Removed Herobrine

Downloads

Map Download (One download for both SSP and SMP): Mine 4 Dead: Blockhawk Down v1.2

1.8 Texture Pack Download: Mine 4 Dead Texture Pack

All 8 Character Skins: Download

Large Poster: Download

If you enjoyed playing and would like to see more content like this in the future, please donate:

Posted Image

Thank you!

Credits

Texture Pack: Bananafone31
with borrowed Painterly and SDK Gun Mod Textures.
Chicken - Jolicraft
Regular Zombie - By MickyTheKing1
(Support these awesome artists/developers with your donations!)

Map and Everything else: Bananafone31 with help from smooman7

Register or log in to remove.

inawordnope
  • Minecraft: y2bd

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:05 PM

*jaw drops*

I only wish my friend wasn't on vacation so that I could do a co-op recording with him. Definitely downloading this map, and I'll try to make a solo recording if I can. Oh god this looks awesome.

nicolb2305
  • Minecraft: nicolb2305

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:05 PM

This looks really amazing! :Diamond:
No pics, no clicks

anikan201
  • Minecraft: Anikan201
  • Xbox:Anikan201

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

this looks like it has a good future, send it to the map list (yy)

BlueReticle
  • Minecraft: BlueReticle

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:06 PM

That looks, hands down, absolutely, completely and honestly... TOTALLY EPIC! *downloads immediately* Why, oh why did I not see this before?!?!

bananafone31

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:17 PM

I worked really hard on this, so it makes me feel awesome that people are digging it. Thank you!

Posted Image

anikan201
  • Minecraft: Anikan201
  • Xbox:Anikan201

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

View Postbananafone31, on 19 July 2011 - 09:17 PM, said:

I worked really hard on this, so it makes me feel awesome that people are digging it. Thank you!
this is realy good, well done on this great map! im taking a break from it now and 5 mins in ive screamed a few times when a zombie sneaked up on me

inawordnope

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

This should be getting more attention! Just finished recording the first level, and it was quite fun. I do admit that I got a bit lost though, heh. The only problem I noticed was that I think the diamond chestplate had made me invincible - I was hit quite a bit, but never took damage. I've seen this happen with other maps that gave diamond armor, but I'm not sure why.

And your choice of mob and item substitution was brilliant,
Spoiler:
The scenery design was also quite amazing. It's obvious that you put a ton of work into this, and it was not wasted at all.

I'm editing the first part of my Let's Play of your map right now. I'll post it as soon as it uploads to YouTube. Again, great job.

DrChriz
    DrChriz

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:09 PM

I'm going to try this tommorow.
From what I see now it looks awesome :D
Someone should make a server with this map on :)

bananafone31

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:09 PM

View Postinawordnope, on 19 July 2011 - 11:00 PM, said:

This should be getting more attention! Just finished recording the first level, and it was quite fun. I do admit that I got a bit lost though, heh. The only problem I noticed was that I think the diamond chestplate had made me invincible - I was hit quite a bit, but never took damage. I've seen this happen with other maps that gave diamond armor, but I'm not sure why.

What a weird bug. I've never heard of that happening before. Is anyone else having that problem? I'll probably have to take them out if that's the case.

I'm editing the first part of my Let's Play of your map right now. I'll post it as soon as it uploads to YouTube. Again, great job.

Awesome! With your permission, I'll edit it into my OP with the other media.

Posted Image

Zekeal0
    Zekeal0

Full Stack

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:41 AM

You should find a way to add a few guns! Nothing would feel more legit like shooting those zombies in the head with a good Desert Eagle!

Posted Image

RCTrue
    RCTrue

Carpenter

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:55 AM

View PostZekeal0, on 20 July 2011 - 12:41 AM, said:

You should find a way to add a few guns! Nothing would feel more legit like shooting those zombies in the head with a good Desert Eagle!

Go get SDKs gun mod, then edit the damage done by bullets.

EDIT: sorry, its not 1.7 updated.

bananafone31

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:21 AM

View PostRCTrue, on 20 July 2011 - 12:55 AM, said:

Go get SDKs gun mod, then edit the damage done by bullets.

EDIT: sorry, its not 1.7 updated.

I'd honestly be surprised if it worked on my computer anyway. I run OSX 10.5 and the only mod I can get to work properly is the zombe mod pack.

And I figure this way it's more accessible since I'm not relying on another developer to update their mods, and I know I'm not the only one who has issues installing mod packs.

Posted Image

Lgjoka2002
  • Minecraft: Lgjoka2002

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:29 AM

Playing the map loving it (Video comin soon)

RCTrue
    RCTrue

Carpenter

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:40 AM

View Postbananafone31, on 20 July 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

I'd honestly be surprised if it worked on my computer anyway. I run OSX 10.5 and the only mod I can get to work properly is the zombe mod pack.

And I figure this way it's more accessible since I'm not relying on another developer to update their mods, and I know I'm not the only one who has issues installing mod packs.

Yea, macs are a little harder to get mods to work on. I can do it fast and easily with PCs, but when i tried on a mac, I had a hard time.

inawordnope

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:24 AM

Woohoo, Part 1 is up!

View Postbananafone31, on 19 July 2011 - 11:09 PM, said:

Awesome! With your permission, I'll edit it into my OP with the other media.

Do what ever you want with it, anything to help promote this awesome map!

bananafone31

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:15 AM

View Postinawordnope, on 20 July 2011 - 02:24 AM, said:

Woohoo, Part 1 is up!

Do what ever you want with it, anything to help promote this awesome map!

Awesome!

You have a fantastic speaking voice, btw. I want to see the rest when you're done!

ps. Are you sure the invincible bug isn't a product of one of your other mods? What a weird bug.

Posted Image

inawordnope

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:37 AM

View Postbananafone31, on 20 July 2011 - 03:15 AM, said:

Awesome!

You have a fantastic speaking voice, btw. I want to see the rest when you're done!

Thanks, there should be three other videos for the first level, and they'll come out throughout the next two weeks or so (we have other videos in our upload list). I'll definitely play through the other levels as well, I want to see the boss round, haha.

View Postbananafone31, on 20 July 2011 - 03:15 AM, said:

ps. Are you sure the invincible bug isn't a product of one of your other mods? What a weird bug.

Later in my playthrough I cycle through all of the commands that could prevent mob damage, and the bug didn't go away. I'll try putting on some diamond armor and playing another map, but like I said, this has happened to me and my friend (silent_boom) before on other maps (where the other people playing the map noticed the odd bug as well).

Either way, great job again.

RedBlade2021

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:22 AM

I'm rendering out the first (of four) parts of my let's play of this map. I'll put a link in here once it's uploaded.

Montegrojc

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:42 AM

My friends and I did a 4 Player Let's Play on this map, Episode 1 (till the first room) will be up tonight, Episode 2 (through the sewers) will be up tomorrow and Episode 3 (till the very end) will be up Thursday xD I'll post a link to the videos soon