• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Best FREE Recording Software?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Tripping_Out:)

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:31 PM

What is the best Free recording software for gameplays. I've searched a lot for this and found not much via google. Here's a list of what I've tried.

If it helps operating system is Windows 7

Camtaisia - Lots of people use this to record for w/e reason it's not working. Not free and didn't work all I got was a black screen. Before you ask yes it was pirated. :)

Bandicam - Works great for recording doesn't record voice. Who wants to take the extra time to add in sound?  

WeGame - Wouldn't recognize minecraft as installed. Tried all the fixes still no luck.

So if someone could help it would be greatly appreciated.
Playing MW3 :)

Register or log in to remove.

lane4
    lane4

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:32 PM

View PostTripping_Out:), on 19 July 2011 - 02:31 PM, said:

What is the best Free recording software for gameplays. I've searched a lot for this and found not much via google. Here's a list of what I've tried.

If it helps operating system is Windows 7

Camtaisia - Lots of people use this to record for w/e reason it's not working for me. Not free and didn't work all I got was a black screen. Before you ask yes it was pirated. :)

Bandicam - Works great for recording doesn't record voice. Who wants to take the extra time to add in sound? Not me.

WeGame - Wouldn't recognize minecraft as installed. Tried all the fixes still no luck.

So if someone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

fraps, but thats not free.
http://en.wikipedia....asting_software
Step-by-Step builds by sedentarygecko

PizzaDude77

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:38 PM

Try a screen recroder called Jing. While searching for what's the best free screen recorder, alot of people mentioned Jing.
Posted Image [SSSS]

iRossy
    iRossy

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:39 PM

There is no decent free screen recorder for Minecraft. All I can say is torrent legally buy Fraps.
If you write 'plz' just because it's shorter than 'please', I'll reply 'no' just because it's shorter than 'yes'.

Posted Image

xOldGhostx

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:39 PM

Im not a pirate, but cracked fraps is recommended if you dont want to pay for it, i got the real one :)
Posted Image

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:40 PM

If you know a reliable place to get a pirated version of fraps then please do tell.

Ultimadragon
  • Minecraft: ultimadragon

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:42 PM

View PostTripping_Out:), on 19 July 2011 - 02:40 PM, said:

If you know a reliable place to get a pirated version of fraps then please do tell.

They're gonna get banned if they do...

epicsalad

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:51 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=free+fraps try that

lane4
    lane4

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

use camstudio, if it does not support mic audio input, use audacity to record while you record the video and edit them together post production.
Step-by-Step builds by sedentarygecko

Eclipse11
    Eclipse11

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 915 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:58 PM

Download the trial version of fraps?

Logicx
    Logicx

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2060 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

Don't download trial version of fraps, it can't only record like 1min segments of video i believe. Your best bet is to Buy/Pirate (not recommended) Fraps. I currently use fraps and it works great.

Pykoh
    Pykoh

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1050 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:30 PM

HyperCam and Camstudio are free, and they record microphone input.
This signature intentionally left blank

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:31 PM

Sorry guys I didn't know anyone could get banned for supplying a cracked version of fraps. Well I did end up finding a great copy that works vary well. So again thanks for the help everyone. Craft on!

nickguletskii

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

x11 + ffmpeg.

EndHumanity

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:58 PM

View Postnickguletskii, on 19 July 2011 - 08:02 PM, said:

x11 + ffmpeg.

Windows 7.

nickguletskii

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:03 AM

View PostEndHumanity, on 19 July 2011 - 10:58 PM, said:

Windows 7.
Easy to switch.

Infired
    Infired

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2799 posts
  • Minecraft: Infired

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:52 AM

View PostLogicx, on 19 July 2011 - 03:17 PM, said:

Don't download trial version of fraps, it can't only record like 1min segments of video i believe. Your best bet is to Buy/Pirate (not recommended) Fraps. I currently use fraps and it works great.

Trial version = 30 Sec limit = Watermark at the top of the screen.

Encouraging or even mention that you should Pirate things is against the rules >.>
Intel Core i7 2600K, Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, 16GB Kingston ValueRAM DDR3 @ 1333MHz, PowerColor Radeon HD6950 2GB, OCZ ZX850 850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF-X

Teclu
    Teclu

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Minecraft: Teclu

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

Try the Hypercam trial version or get Jing, they're very decent.

You can always get Fraps *cough* out of thin air, if you don't mind piracy and all.
Posted Image

froststare

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:40 PM

I downloaded this program called Gregion. I know very little about it but it seems to work well and it's completely free, no restrictions or anything. It records only the game so you don't have to set a capture window. The only issue that I've had with it as it is was that it does audio recording through the default playback device so it'd be a good idea to have nothing playing in the background. The website is here. When testing it out, I had a bit of an issue with the frame rate, which dropped into single digits twice during a twenty minute recording. To be fair, I was on multiplayer and I was recording to the same hard drive instead of to a different one. Despite the frame rate going so low, it wasn't actually noticeable visually, you could only tell from a slight audio desync. As far as quality goes, it's good if you change it instead of keeping it at defaults. The last complaint I have with it is that the large frame rate indicator on the corner of the screen is visible if the game loads. I have a feeling that it's toggleable but I haven't looked much. So to sum things up, it isn't the best but it's the best thing you're going to get if you don't buy something.
Posted Image

skulletje

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

try ezvid