• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Mozzie
    Mozzie

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:56 PM

I've transfered all the most up to date content onto planetminecraft.com so follow to download the schematic.

>> CLICK HERE FOR NEW VERSION <<

*New version now has dispenser torpedo launchers and phasers!

Posted Image

After seeing the Yogscast i've decided to again update the skinpack to work with the latest version. Get the latest skinpack here

PjQVHsshx_o
vEun121dFfY

if anyone wants to upgrade the map for the new minecraft versions and release it, mention it in this thread and I'll update the OP.

(everything below is from the original post)

Posted Image

58oP0WJn3BM

Download

I originally built this ship on a SMP server and finished it about a month ago. I've been sitting on it for awhile and I've finally put it all together as a playable single player level. This is my second attempt after a server map reset so it's the "NCC-1701-A" registration. (Also The Undiscovered Country was be best movie)

It has a full interior, a wide compliment of tools and resources throughout the ship. Enough for anyone to get started on their own space colony. The vessel features 9 decks with all the expected rooms. No part of the ship is undetailed Have fun exploring all the decks.

Included in the download is the World folder, a set of Star Trek player skins, a .schematic file and a very basic "sci-fi" texture pack, you'll have to merge it with whatever custom pack you are using.

Posted Image

USS ENTERPRISE

Posted Image

Backlit Deflector dish

Posted Image

The Bridge

Posted Image

Transporter Room

Posted Image

Captain's Quarters

Posted Image

Senior Officer's Lounge

Posted Image

Warp Core

Posted Image

Engineering Control

Posted Image

Cargo Bay

Posted Image

Ship's Plaque (featuring a typo)

Posted Image

The rest of the map is completely undeveloped. You'll build your own space port. Look out for the indigenous lifeforms that come out at night. In the movie era everyone wore red uniforms!

Because of a mess up on my part you either need to run a no cloud.png or set graphics to fast otherwise the clouds will be right on the saucer deck level. You can MCedit the ship to a different altitude but then all the paintings will disappear.

I don't have a lot of free time to support this level or skin pack so when new features come out you'll have to update the textures and items yourself.

Feel free to go hogwild, convert it into an original series ship or remove the "A" designation, reconfigure it in MCedit to a Miranda Class or remove the mine-carts and run a themed server. (If you do please send me a link I'd love to check it out)

________

Here is the player skin-pack for those who just want that. Feel free to use it as a template to make more characters.

Dr. Mccoy
Posted Image
Posted Image

Captain Kirk
Posted Image
Posted Image
featuring terrible hairpiece action
Posted Image

Mr. Scott
Posted Image
Posted Image

Spock
Posted Image
Posted Image

Generic officer
Use this one as a template for other characters
Posted Image
Posted Image

______

LAWQ_cWJ7AA

Here is the reddit link

Register or log in to remove.

Koolwitak
    Koolwitak

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2203 posts
  • Minecraft: Onikai32

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:59 PM

This is EPIC
Posted Image Posted Image

Soulscribe

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:02 PM

I have to agree. That is intense.
Posted Image

Mozzie
    Mozzie

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:21 PM

haha, just noticed the typo on the plaque. Whelp I guess it's just something everyone is going to have to fix when they play it.

Cragvis
    Cragvis

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:31 PM

Is that to scale? 1:1?

I dont think it is, i would think the ship would be MUCH larger, cause your dude walked across the saucer part in a couple seconds.

Someone should make one 1:1 ratio
GENERATION 17: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

KevyB
    KevyB

Carpenter

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:36 PM

Cragvis said:

Someone should make one 1:1 ratio

http://www.gameranx.... ... nsane-vid/

Although it wasnt made completely by hand, it's fully 1:1 - except its just the framing now (can you imagine having to lay out every deck and detail it, that requires atleast 10 ppl in smp to get it done in any feasible timeframe, not to mention some voice chattin for better cooperation, or else theres the chance of ending up with a deformed ship lol

but god DAYUM im dling this one nao.

Rundo
    Rundo

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:40 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Mozzie
    Mozzie

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:41 PM

yeah no way is it 1:1. It was a struggle to practically fill the interior of it at half scale. It also would have been too big to sit above the water line without getting to max build height. I designed it to be fun for minecraft survival, not as a creative project.

minecraftwb

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:40 PM

Even if it's not 1:1 scale it's still quite impressive, I'll take your word for it though :)  Oh and btw love the skins.
Posted Image

codewarrior

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:41 PM

Posted Image
MCEdit: Minecraft World Editor

"We will absolutely not keep in mind what external mapeditors will have to do to read data from the disk, that makes no sense whatsoever." - Grum

mcxc
    mcxc

Carpenter

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:43 PM

Mozzie said:

yeah no way is it 1:1. It was a struggle to practically fill the interior of it at half scale. It also would have been too big to sit above the water line without getting to max build height. I designed it to be fun for minecraft survival, not as a creative project.

Hey, do you mind if I grab a copy of this and host it on my site, too? Unless you want to write a description for it.

User
    User

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2012 posts
  • Location: North of the South Pole and south of the North pole
  • Minecraft: TheDarkStar

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:09 AM

0_0

LOOKY! It's Spock! He's got TNT! YAY- BOOOOOOOM!

Why I always fail at maps. :P  :SSSS:

Mrs_Brisby

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:30 AM

Very nice work.

Grats on epic build.

Gazoinks

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:17 AM

Epic.  Gonna enjoy building a space port. ^^

FritoBandito
  • Minecraft: danzilla007

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:29 AM

oh wow

but i think red was a bad color choice. everyone who wore red dies in the tv show.
PEW PEW LAZERS

jefffisher10

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:41 PM

The download service is 'temporarily unavailable,' is there any other place to get this zip file|?!
I need it!
Thanks

mu3d93
    mu3d93

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:46 PM

this is amazing

Arghore
    Arghore

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:58 PM

I think this is a great map ! ... I missed 2 things to make it an epic map ...

1. You should have 'crashed' the ship into the planet, breaking it in say 3 pieces, this would be a great way to start off a survival scenario...
2. To give this scenario some 'background' you should have removed lights from a couple of rooms/decks, and added some alien spawners ...

but even without that, i watched the vid with awe :) :)

Arucard
    Arucard

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:14 PM

Looks really nice, especially with custom textures. You should have some paintings of space to act as windows I thought. And maybe Notch should let signs link together like boxes so we can make bigger signs? Up to 2x2 maybe?

So what's next, turn the mobs into Star Trek creatures? Arrows into phaser blasts?  :(
She blinded me with science. And by science, I mean sulfuric acid.

Tiger4Ruler

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:24 PM

That really looks impressive.