• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How do you get mods on a Hamachi server?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

thefrdeal

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:20 PM

I have no idea on how to go about adding mods to a server. I use Hamachi. Is there a patcher, or can someone just instruct me where to put the .jar files? Thanks for help in advance.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

renya
    renya

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Minecraft: luddaz

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:21 PM

Just as on a regular server.
Posted Image

thefrdeal

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

View Postrenya, on 17 July 2011 - 05:21 PM, said:

Just as on a regular server.
I don't know how to install mods on a server. Hamachi is just clarification, not my problem.
Posted Image

thefrdeal

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:31 PM

Can anyone please help me? Just link me to an instructional topic or something??
Posted Image

makermod1
    makermod1

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:47 PM

View Postthefrdeal, on 17 July 2011 - 10:31 PM, said:

Can anyone please help me? Just link me to an instructional topic or something??
just like modding the normal game, minus removing meta-inf, but really, downlaod the serverside version of the mod (mods like buildcraft have it) along with modloadermp server, and just put the stuff in the server jar.... the client might still need the clientside version of the mod, hope you understand it, i dont feel like going in depth
Posted Image

thefrdeal

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:48 PM

View Postmakermod1, on 17 July 2011 - 10:47 PM, said:

just like modding the normal game, minus removing meta-inf, but really, downlaod the serverside version of the mod (mods like buildcraft have it) along with modloadermp server, and just put the stuff in the server jar.... the client might still need the clientside version of the mod, hope you understand it, i dont feel like going in depth
Thank you! I will try that.
Posted Image

OmgItsVinceOffer

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:33 AM

I DONT UNDERSTAND.

OmgItsVinceOffer

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:36 AM

OH NOW I GET IT!

OmgItsVinceOffer

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:36 AM

dont you know how much your killing the enviroment by not using a hybrid?

OmgItsVinceOffer

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:37 AM

you dirty sluts

DanCraft
    DanCraft

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:53 AM

Questions:
-Are you running a Bukkit or Vanilla Server?
-Are you installing Plugins or Mods?

For Bukkit, get the mods from Minecraft Canary (google is your friend to find this), and the installation is with the mods, just add the net files in the craftbukkit.jar, most mods all you need to do is just drop the class in the net folder, some need more, not sure if you need to delete the Meta-inf, as I didn't and it works. For plugins, just drop the jar files in the plguins folder.

For vanilla, it is almost the same as Bukkit, but there isn't plugins, thats all.

Posted Image