Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.2] [Jul.08] Rei's Minimap v3.4_01

minimap

  • Please log in to reply
7090 replies to this topic

#3801

Conker
    Conker

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2807 posts
  • Location: USA

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

View PostAnupam, on 14 August 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

Most of the downloads dont work some arej ust ad scams, i think i found 1 working one though.... http://asfile.com/en...ad/file/4sXvgGO

That one worked the rest didnt, just glad one did at this point. So thank you....i just wish the op would have more then 1 download link and have some mirrors



Thank you again friend
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

#3802

GopherAtl

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

Sorry if this has been suggested before, don't want to read 190 pages of posts to check. A feature I'd really love to see in this is a mode that highlights tiles where the light level is 7 or lower, to help with lighting up the surface to stop mob spawns. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to implement; I'd do it myself if the source were available!

Thanks for the great mod, dunno if I could go back to playing without it! ^_^

#3803

l-drago
    l-drago

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

how i can install this?

#3804

Megacyrus31
  • Location: Upstate NY
  • Minecraft: cyrus31

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

View Postl-drago, on 14 August 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

how i can install this?
i dont know if it is compatiable with modloader yet but if it is install modloader into the jar and put the zip in the /mods folder

otherwise, just put all contents of the zip into the jar and delete the meta-inf folder either way

Posted Image


#3805

l-drago
    l-drago

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:35 PM

ok thanks

#3806

King_Death

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

this mod is amazing. I really like it. i can not play without it. but i have one problem! i am running a server for my friends and myself and i want to enable cave mapping and entities but i have no idea how. I have tried following the instructions given but i couldn't understand anything. please help

#3807

Futurity
    Futurity

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 36 posts
  • Location: Australia
  • Minecraft: Dr_Fraud

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

I've just installed Forge 4 build #187 for testing.

Lethal conflict with Rei's Minimap. Removed Minimap, problem ended.

I need forge for all my other crap but living without Minimap is painful.

#3808

krackalot
  • Location: Home
  • Minecraft: Krackalot
  • Xbox:Krackalot

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:11 AM

View PostStonehawk, on 14 August 2012 - 12:35 AM, said:

We tried to enable Rei's minimap on our server, and all it did was this: Posted Image
This is what setting MOTD=&0&0&1&2&3&4&5&6&7&e&f does and it didn't even work!

What is the step by step process of enabling this? What are we missing? What are we doing wrong?
Same problem here!!!

View PostFuturity, on 14 August 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

I've just installed Forge 4 build #187 for testing.

Lethal conflict with Rei's Minimap. Removed Minimap, problem ended.

I need forge for all my other crap but living without Minimap is painful.
Also, I'm gonna be nice, which is hard right now, you obviously didn't read the OP on the forge forums, that's for modders only right now, and isn't an official release, you are like the many that posted "bugs" on that forum.  If you can't read, then you don't have a right to complain that things are not working.  When forge is officially released, it will be at the main forge download link, and will be a recent date.  So please read everything if you have trouble, before you post complaints.  I wouldn't get too excited, it seems that this 1.3 update is making it a pain on all, the MOTD not working for some, modloader having issues, and according to the forums there, forge is bumpy as well.
I vote for
Posted Image

#3809

Conker
    Conker

    Ghast Hunter

  • Members
  • 2807 posts
  • Location: USA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

View PostMegacyrus31, on 14 August 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

i dont know if it is compatiable with modloader yet but if it is install modloader into the jar and put the zip in the /mods folder

otherwise, just put all contents of the zip into the jar and delete the meta-inf folder either way
You dont need mod loader to run this
Posted Image

#3810

MrMagicalDuck
  • Minecraft: rebeltothemax

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

Been using this mod since the beginning   its great
Posted Image

#3811

qwiksilver711

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:29 AM

View Postkrackalot, on 15 August 2012 - 04:11 AM, said:

Same problem here!!!

Motd in the server config file is different from what the author means by motd, you need an  motd plugin, i use tobimotd, and set it in there to make this work.


On a side note, while I do have this working, is there any way to set an actual motd as well after this enables everything? Every time i try to set an motd for my server I lose the minimap options.

Posted Image


#3812

Futurity
    Futurity

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 36 posts
  • Location: Australia
  • Minecraft: Dr_Fraud

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

View Postkrackalot, on 15 August 2012 - 04:11 AM, said:

Also, I'm gonna be nice, which is hard right now, you obviously didn't read the OP on the forge forums, that's for modders only right now, and isn't an official release, you are like the many that posted "bugs" on that forum.  If you can't read, then you don't have a right to complain that things are not working.  When forge is officially released, it will be at the main forge download link, and will be a recent date.  So please read everything if you have trouble, before you post complaints.  I wouldn't get too excited, it seems that this 1.3 update is making it a pain on all, the MOTD not working for some, modloader having issues, and according to the forums there, forge is bumpy as well.

Perhaps you should read. I installed Forge for TESTING, not for ongoing use. An error occured. I expected to get errors. I'm raising the issue now to shorten the turnaround time.
I am not posting a complaint as you put it. I was even gracious enough to mention which build of Forge had issues knowing that new builds are comming every day now. My hope is that with early notice Rei's will be ready very soon after Forge is finalised.

#3813

Aethir
    Aethir

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 315 posts
  • Location: Recreating Giza, circa 500BC
  • Minecraft: Aethir_74

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

素晴らしい作品は、それは素晴らしいですね!! (I think that came out right)

It looks stunning. Thank you!

Hopefully the Forge conflict is easy resolved...
Proudly cranking Feed The Beast for 1.4.6 incorporating IC2- Mining Lasers, Nuclear Power, HAYO!!
I am Vismonkey. Fear my Wrath. Give me shiny things.

#3814

krackalot
  • Location: Home
  • Minecraft: Krackalot
  • Xbox:Krackalot

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PostFuturity, on 15 August 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

Perhaps you should read. I installed Forge for TESTING, not for ongoing use. An error occured. I expected to get errors. I'm raising the issue now to shorten the turnaround time.
I am not posting a complaint as you put it. I was even gracious enough to mention which build of Forge had issues knowing that new builds are comming every day now. My hope is that with early notice Rei's will be ready very soon after Forge is finalised.
Then really Rei should be testing it, because a lot could change, and a lot of time could be wasted, if the forge code changes, and this problem is fixed by the time an actual release is made.  The modders should test it, as they can see the code, and know what's wrong.  Not to mention, you stated you needed forge for all your other "crap", whatever that means.  Sounds like trying to install forge for use with dependent mods already to me, and after seeing all those morons who posted on the forge forums, "derp, forge doesn't work, minecraft crashes, you guys suck", I got irritated.  In my opinion, if you want to test, give more technical info, otherwise it probably sounds the same as those other brain farts(not a mental pause, but a fart with a brain).  Especialy when you factor in that as far as I know, Rei can't read english.  Just what I've read though.
I vote for
Posted Image

#3815

FriendlyEnderman

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

Hey can i add ur mod to a modpack for my lets play on youtube

#3816

krackalot
  • Location: Home
  • Minecraft: Krackalot
  • Xbox:Krackalot

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:56 AM

View Postqwiksilver711, on 15 August 2012 - 08:29 AM, said:

Motd in the server config file is different from what the author means by motd, you need an  motd plugin, i use tobimotd, and set it in there to make this work.


On a side note, while I do have this working, is there any way to set an actual motd as well after this enables everything? Every time i try to set an motd for my server I lose the minimap options.
Bukkit seems to complain about the & symbol now, any ideas?  Should I punch it? :)
I vote for
Posted Image

#3817

KansasToYou
  • Minecraft: KansasToYou

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:44 AM

Is there a way to download this without 7 Zip or Modloader?

#3818

DannySwish

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

I've used REI's minimap since 1.2.5, it's not working in 1.3. I have ModLoader, Optifine, and Zombe's installed as well. It gives me the blackscreen.

#3819

kingkod2637

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:10 AM

1.3.2 is out tomorrow or today. Great mod my fav minimap mod :)

#3820

Balmung666

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

how soon will you have 1.3.2 out after. i am asking to see if it is worth just waiting for 1.3.2.
Posted Image