Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Paid Minecraft. Won't work.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Xihtiria
  • Minecraft: Phauhios

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:12 PM

Hello. I bought and paid for the game Minecraft today on my profile, and the payment was via PayPal, but when I had paid, I got no download link, and when I visit minecraft.net the download link only gives me an .exe file, which when I try to launch, does nothing. -- It absolutely does "nothing". Nothing. I can't even describe what it does, because .. Nothing happens. I wish it'd work, I really do, but I've asked about this before, and none of the solutions people gave me, worked.

How will I be able to open Minecraft, and how will I be able to play-- When the .exe file-supposed-to-be-launcher doesn't work.

I am patient, but I would love some -serious- responses. (-: Thank you for your time.
When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry,
show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

Register or log in to remove.

newVideocard

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:27 PM

you prob have an ati video card.

consider your money STOLEN

just like mine

Xihtiria

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:30 PM

I have an nVidia graphic card, and a great one too.

Any -real- responses yet?

Bump.

durack6
    durack6

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:55 AM

This looks like the problem I initially had. If you're using Windows, when it downloads the file, it may have removed the .exe extension (I didn't notice it at first). If it does that, then your system will have no clue what to do with the file. So simply add the .exe extension back on to the file and it should work. A good test to see if this is the problem is to look at the icon: Is it a blank white square or a block from the game?

Hope this helps!

Krum84
    Krum84

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:55 AM

I also have an ATI card, does this game really not work if you use ATI?  
also i have win7  and the icon is a block from the game.  What does this mean?  I bought the game this afternoon and still can't get it to work.  getting sad.

etherboy
    etherboy

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:56 AM

Krum84 said:

I also have an ATI card, does this game really not work if you use ATI?  
also i have win7  and the icon is a block from the game.  What does this mean?  I bought the game this afternoon and still can't get it to work.  getting sad.

I have an ATI card and the game works fine...

Salamander

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:51 AM

Check that you have Java installed.

Krum84
    Krum84

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:53 AM

Java is def installed and very up to date

mirage4g63

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:08 AM

durack6 said:

This looks like the problem I initially had. If you're using Windows, when it downloads the file, it may have removed the .exe extension (I didn't notice it at first). If it does that, then your system will have no clue what to do with the file. So simply add the .exe extension back on to the file and it should work. A good test to see if this is the problem is to look at the icon: Is it a blank white square or a block from the game?

Hope this helps!

This helped me, i now have the block from the game, did you do it on the other folder that downloads under application data?

Xihtiria

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:56 AM

My icon already is a square from the game, but it still has no effect when I double click it, run it as an administrator, and whatever or other.

I have Java installed at the fullest.

What to do?

Knytt
    Knytt

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1143 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:45 AM

Try running the Alpha version online. You have to run it online at least once, before you can play it offline, or the offline versions will crash on you in various ways.

Xihtiria

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:01 PM

When I try running the game upon the website, like, in the browser, it opens a new window with the title "Minecraft Alpha" but no image of the game. It's a plain background.

Xihtiria

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:02 PM

Bump. Please help. )=

Xihtiria

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:55 PM

Bump. I paid for this game, and I would sincerely -love- to play it. But I need ideas on how to make it work, and how will I download the -actual- game? All I can download is an .exe file from the website minecraft.net and when I launch that file, nothing happens.

Zorbane
    Zorbane

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:10 PM

Hi Xihtiria, does this sound like the issue you are having?

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=46934

Xihtiria

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:11 PM

No, it doesn't. Not remotely. I've never played Minecraft before.

Truestep
    Truestep

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Location: Willamette watershed, Oregon, Pacific Rim, Sol 3, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:19 PM

Xihtiria, it might help to have more information about your computer, operating system, and video card. You mentioned having a card made by nVidia. Most of their recent hardware is able to run Minecraft, but it's possible that you have an outdated driver installed. Information on how to find out, and how to update to the latest drivers if needed, can be found in this thread:

http://www.minecraft...hp?f=17&t=39953

I hope this information will prove helpful to you.
Optimized controls: A-sneak, E-forward, D-back, S-left, F-right, H-haze(fog), C-craft(inventory)
Guide to finding updated video drivers

Zorbane
    Zorbane

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:10 PM

Xihtiria said:

No, it doesn't. Not remotely. I've never played Minecraft before.
I mean the suggested solutions.  What might have happened to him might be what is already a problem with your computer.

Xihtiria

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:47 PM

I've managed to find a way on my own, thank you. (-: Only -now- I have a problem of which when I open the .exe file, the program launches, and everything works well, but I can't log onto online Minecraft via the downloaded game.

Truestep
    Truestep

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Location: Willamette watershed, Oregon, Pacific Rim, Sol 3, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:55 PM

Xihtiria said:

I've managed to find a way on my own, thank you. (-: Only -now- I have a problem of which when I open the .exe file, the program launches, and everything works well, but I can't log onto online Minecraft via the downloaded game.

Either I'm misunderstanding you, or this is some new meaning of the phrase "everything works well," which I hadn't previously been aware of.

More details might help clarify what you really mean. When you double-click the downloaded .exe file, it should eventually bring up a prompt for you to enter your Minecraft username and password. Does it get that far? If so, what exactly happens after you enter your name and password?

And if not, exactly what does it display on your screen after you double-click the Minecraft.exe file?

Thanks for any info you can provide.
Optimized controls: A-sneak, E-forward, D-back, S-left, F-right, H-haze(fog), C-craft(inventory)
Guide to finding updated video drivers