• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How to login to own server?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

mbotcreator

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:21 PM

Hi, I'm hosting a server on my laptop at home.
IP: 76.120.108.155
Port: 25565

How do I login to it to play?

When I open minecraft and insert 76.120.108.155 into the multiplayer IP box from a different desktop on the same home network, (the server is hosted on a dedicated laptop) I can not login to play.
-The server shows a login
-The client says theres a connection timeout and I cant play
-I also tryied entering "localhost" into the multiplayer box inside minecraft and "connection is refused"

When I try from this link minecraft only runs a self-generated land, but its not really on the server and wont save.
http://www.minecraft... ... 0dff0246a2
^ link also does not show a login in the server

=Am I doing somthing wrong in the client?
=Is my website link wrong?

Register or log in to remove.

Symplystyc

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:29 PM

start->run->cmd
type ipconfig /all to get your computers ip address, should be 192.168.1.???

try using that to login into your own server

mbotcreator

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:38 PM

router: 192.168.1.1

So from the client I login to minecraft > multiplayer > IP box > 192.168.1.1
-this doesnt let me login

Sumeragi

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:44 PM

Are you trying to make an Alpha survival multiplayer server or classic? I just clicked on the link and it opened up the Classic Minecraft game for me. :3

Mast3r_Shak3r

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:47 PM

Not your router i.p. but the i.p address your router assigns the computer that is the sever.

But if you are on the same pc as the server I think it is like 127.0.0.1 or something like that :)

I use my GF's pc for the server and we are in the same network. TO log into the server I use her I.P. address the router assigns her. I had to go into the router interface to look up her i.p address.

I am pretty noob at this stuff but after about 5 hours I got it to work.

kronflux
    kronflux

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Minecraft: kronflux
  • Xbox:kronflux
  • PSN:kronflux

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

First of all, if you're running any form of firewall, whether it be the basic windows firewall, or something more advanced, say, ESET Smart Security, ZoneAlarm, etc.. You'll have to add an exception to your firewall to allow traffic both in and out on port 25565.

The next step would be to make sure that your router is configured to forward port 25565 to your computer's local IP, which would be 192.168.1.
you can find instructions on port forwarding here: http://portforward.com

after all of that is completed, try logging in with "127.0.0.1:25565" without the quotes. you don't technically need the ":25565" part, but let's just be thorough.

If you still can't connect after these steps, you're doing something wrong, and should likely look further into running a server in general, not just a minecraft server, you should also research firewalls, routers, IP's, and port forwarding.
Posted Image

Corvak
    Corvak

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:19 PM

if its running on the same machine as you're playing on, just use the loopback: 127.0.0.1

If its on your network somewhere, then the LAN IP, which is probably something like 192.168.1.1 or whatnot.

Or, you can get your IP address (whatismyipaddress.com) and connect just like anyone else would.
Posted Image

PeterSteele

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:08 PM

If your laptop is on the same network as the hosted pc, then just type "localhost" in the IP field or just use 76.120.108.155:25565.
I'll shut the fuck up, if you shut the fuck up.

mbotcreator

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:17 AM

-I am trying to use ALPHA but I seem to only get CLASSIC from the alpha link on minecraft.
-accessing server from different computer on same network
     -will try entering the server computers network ip instead of the server ip+port number
     -will also try that 127.0.0.1

-thanks, will post back again after I test it.

mbotcreator

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:24 AM

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

tHANK yOU aLL vERY mUCH.

-the Alpha server files from minecraft are wrong for my region when downloading
-I got the alpha server files from another source
-I followed your posts above, and it worked.

...ah, only 6 days wasted on this lol...

Again, folks, thanks. It is now working.

MINCRAFT, FIX THE FILES FOR ALPHA SERVER DOWNLOAD FILES FROM CLASSIC TO *REALLY* ALPHA PLEASE!!