• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecrafter 1.2.4 **source code released** 12 FEB

• Please log in to reply
719 replies to this topic

Prelithe

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:02 AM

Check the website for the source code and instructions on how to set it up.

http://minecrafterapp.wordpress.com

**Version 1.2.4 has been released!

Download Links

------------

new in 1.2.4:
-Updated MCPatcher to 1.1.1 supporting Minecraft 1.2.0_01
-Better handling of corrupt mod packages created by versions older than 1.2.2, but you won’t be able to delete them if you try to edit them beforehand. Workaround: restart Minecrafter and delete the package.
-Horizontal scroll on Select base folder
-Better crash management – for veterans, this doesn’t affect you, but for new users, this should prevent you from stuffing up your Minecraft folder now if you launched multiple times without proper termination.
-Catch all exceptions that could occur if  a zip causes an issue.

Posted Image

--------

Minecrafter is a mod manager with a twist. Instead of providing simple merging tools, Minecrafter allows you to ‘craft’ your own mods by mixing and matching other people’s mods. By downloading mods that you like, you can load them up into the program, select the graphics you want, and start up Minecraft straight from the program, all without touching JARs or graphics programs.
Minecrafter is designed with 2 major features in mind:

Mix and Match

Although Minecrafter can be used as a simple mod loader (i.e. using one mod at a time), what Minecrafter does best is allowing you to pick elements from mods you enjoy from each, and getting them to work without having to deal with JAR repackaging and graphics editing tools. Not only can you pick individual files (thats easy), you can pick individual blocks from terrain.png & items.png.
Mixing mods together is not tied to just images. Any mod can be used that replaces files in the main JAR, as long as the file structure of the mod zip is mapped to the file structure of the JAR.
All the mods and files you’ve chosen will be saved as a “mod package”. This mod package will contain all the mods you’ve used, as well as the selections you’ve made. So if you believe you’ve got a great mash up, you can distribute your mod package so others can use your creation.

Non-destructive

By either building a complex mish-mash of mods, or just loading one, you can use the Minecrafter launcher to automatically build the JAR for you, and restore the JAR back to its original state after playing. Basically when you select a mod package to play, Minecrafter will launch Minecraft for you and monitor when it exits. Once you’ve finished playing, it will restore the backed up minecraft.jar. So even if you stop using the program, your Minecraft data folder remains how you left it before you started using this program.
As per the last feature (“Mix and Match”), mod packages themselves are non-destructive. Any mods you’ve selected to be combined into a mod package are left untouched. So if you ever used a mod, and can’t remember who made it, you could always view the readme.txt still inside the zip.

Posted Image

Posted Image

-----

Please posts any bugs, comments, critisms and features you'd like to have in the next version.

Enjoy!

Register or log in to remove.

Quarg
    Quarg

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1077 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

looks good. downloading now.

Prelithe

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:15 PM

It seems like people are having problems with the launch mechanism. I've uploaded an XP mode version which will use the XP mode launch even if you are running on Windows Vista/7. As in the documentation, a command prompt will show up during launch, and once you've finished playing, press enter when the command prompt is in focus to get Minecrafter to clean up.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ASGTQ581

Quarg
    Quarg

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1077 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:19 PM

just tryed it and I got this error:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Max\Documents\Minecraft\Mods\Moreworlds.zip' because it is being used by another process.
   at Minecrafter.ModPackageEditorForm.Save(Boolean saveAs)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
	Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
	Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4952 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
	CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Minecrafter
	Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
	Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
	CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Max/Documents/Minecraft/MinecrafterModApp/Minecrafter.exe
System.Windows.Forms
	Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
	CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
	CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
	CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
	CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
	CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
	CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Ionic.Zip
	Assembly Version: 1.9.1.5
	Win32 Version: 1.9.1.5
	CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Max/Documents/Minecraft/MinecrafterModApp/Ionic.Zip.DLL
Newtonsoft.Json.Net20
	Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
	Win32 Version: 3.5.0.0
	CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Max/Documents/Minecraft/MinecrafterModApp/Newtonsoft.Json.Net20.DLL
System.Data
	CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Posted Image
(click for larger)
EDIT: tryed again and it worked fine.

EDIT 2: why does it make my 16x16 textures into a 32x32 one?

MrMessiah

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:44 PM

Huzzah!

josef
    josef

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:27 PM

This is a great idea with a lot of potential.  I'll definitely check it out after work.

minecraftwb

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:34 PM

I can't wait to try this mod out - dl'ing and trying out all of these mods can sometimes be tricky. Thank you for making this excellent tool!
Posted Image

NoiGren
    NoiGren

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:50 PM

I'd love to see a linux version ;)

madcrafter

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:27 PM

Another great utility. Thank you Prelithe.
I am always tinkering! I screw things up many times! WTH it feels good.
I cannot talk precisely/concisely straight to the point :| I take twists and turns make things complex just to tell a simple thing, it's my thing but again WTH I am open minded :P

Prelithe

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:51 PM

Thanks guys for the support. The next version will work on file access issues and the memory chewing that is the Block Selector.

One feature I'm pretty sure I'm going to add is "Quick Mod Load". I think it would be a great feature for those who love to test out mods without the commitment :).

@ Quarg - I ran into some issues with image sizes giving Minecraft a black screen. It seemed that if I resized a set of images to the baseline size, then there wasn't an issue. Don't worry though, the resize is lossless so there isn't any quality loss.

@NoiGren - I'll definitely keep that in mind. Cheers.

EDIT: @ Quarg, when you got that exception, were you saving a new package? Or had you already saved and saved again?

RaptoRX
    RaptoRX

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:11 PM

Looks awesome. I'll try it out later.

The feature to mix and match blocks is going to be a life saver if it works. Otherwise I was going to go into photoshop and do it by hand...
// i7-3770k // MSi GTX 660 Ti 2GB // Asrock Z77 Extreme6 // Ripjaws X 8GB // Xigmatek Dark Knight II //
// Corsair TX650 v2 // OCZ Vertex 4 128GB // WD Blue 500GB // NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal Grey //

zexon
    zexon

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:02 AM

I'd love to see a Mac version (and a Linux version would be great).  What language is it built in?

Prelithe

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:16 AM

zexon said:

I'd love to see a Mac version (and a Linux version would be great).  What language is it built in?

Hi, thanks for the request. Definitely keeping in mind Mac and Linux, although it won't come out until 1.1. Keep in mind that I'll be releasing a few more versions (1.0.x) to improve stability (I don't want to port something buggy as hell). It's written in C#, but it's built using .NET Framework 2.0 so Mono seems to have great compatibility.

Prelithe

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:57 AM

**Version 1.0.1 has been released!

[*]Launching Minecraft will always default to XP Mode, which basically uses a batch file to launch Minecraft, and pauses, waiting for you to close it after you finish playing Minecraft. As an option, you can uncheck this (only works if you are not using XP) and use the cleaner way, but only if it actually works! I’ve still haven’t figured out why it’s not working without a batch file, but I’m rambling…

[*]The Block Selector Form will now not eat up all your RAM

[*]Fixed bug where pressing save twice in the Mod Package Form will crash the program

[*]Quick Mod Launching – the killer feature. Launch individual mods from the program without needing to create a mod package. Just like mod packages, launching them will not destroy your current minecraft.jar. Click here http://minecrafterap...aunch-tutorial/for a tutorial.

Posted Image

Download links:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WQZ9YN77
or
http://rapidshare.co... ... _1.0.1.zip

Quarg
    Quarg

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1077 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:07 AM

Prelithe said:

Thanks guys for the support. The next version will work on file access issues and the memory chewing that is the Block Selector.

One feature I'm pretty sure I'm going to add is "Quick Mod Load". I think it would be a great feature for those who love to test out mods without the commitment :Flint:.

@ Quarg - I ran into some issues with image sizes giving Minecraft a black screen. It seemed that if I resized a set of images to the baseline size, then there wasn't an issue. Don't worry though, the resize is lossless so there isn't any quality loss.

@NoiGren - I'll definitely keep that in mind. Cheers.

EDIT: @ Quarg, when you got that exception, were you saving a new package? Or had you already saved and saved again?
the problem is minecraft is glitchy about 32x32 textures.
and I can't remember whether I hit it onec or twice.

Prelithe

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:35 AM

As I've said in the PM, the glitch is still there. This program should fix your problems: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=46173

MrMessiah

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:44 AM

Hey Prelithe.

Thinking about linking a few people to this thread. Just a quick q... my mod includes a few files that aren't in the minecraft.jar. Would it still work through this?

Prelithe

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:54 AM

If it doesn't replace any files in minecraft.jar, then it shouldn't affect Minecraft (even if bundled in minecraft.jar). As an example, I loaded the Autocart archive straight up using my program. That archive has MacOSX metadata files like ._.DS_Store, ._AUTOCART.txt etc and it doesn't break Minecraft. Even if it did in some weird way, in the Mod Package Editor, you can mark files to be deleted, so they aren't included in the final minecraft.jar.

Hope that answers your question.

Hyperaxe1
  • Minecraft: Hyperaxe1

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:22 AM

Nice program, although for some reason I can't load up Minecraft after I compiled a mod (using Doku's RPG, Autocart and Mixcraft). It gets up to the Mojang Specs. screen, but then is just goes black. Can I have some help with this?
Trolololol this is a signature.

Commrade23

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:28 AM

OH FUCKING FINALY.

OBMM for Minecraft, YES!