Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:54 AM

same problem, even with a fresh world. started in 1.6

Register or log in to remove.

mcnugget

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:05 AM

Tried this guys?
http://getsatisfacti...r#reply_4898200

Viva La RevoluciĆ³n

If I helped you, why not click the + Reputation thing on the bottom right of my post!

playerone111

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:19 PM

Fixed it,  what I did was move my world somewhere safe, wipe out my server directory, and redownloaded the minecraft-server.jar and started clean.  No more crashes.  (i also deleted character files and level.dat but it was still crashing after that)
I run on linux

Artophwar

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:35 AM

I get this error on any server other than my own, and I just ran my own to test this problem.

I have tried a bunch of the stuff posted and I cant access http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang to see what was posed there. I didnt have this issue during 1.5.  I really want to play on other servers.  :(

NCMarostica

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:01 AM

View PostArtophwar, on 03 June 2011 - 05:35 AM, said:

I get this error on any server other than my own, and I just ran my own to test this problem.

I have tried a bunch of the stuff posted and I cant access http://getsatisfaction.com/mojang to see what was posed there. I didnt have this issue during 1.5.  I really want to play on other servers.  :(

Exactly, playing on 1.5 seemed to work great. With 1.6 came multiplayer crashes for me, and I definitely don't like it :(

Quibrick
    Quibrick

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:08 AM

I get the same Java-reset connection error...Everything was cool the first day and then I couldnt join....Fix it!  :(

Artophwar

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:24 PM

Anyone got a solution to this??

Quibrick
    Quibrick

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:05 AM

Seems like I have a solution...I had this problem too.I went in google and typed Java free download went to the official Java site and downloaded Java.I started Minecraft then went to Multiplayer and I connected! Please try this and let me know if it worked for you! :rolleyes:

ArmouredGRIFFON

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:40 AM

From what I can tell its a Java problem and not one in Minecraft...

http://www.java-foru...0xc0000005.html

Just googling it anyway. Read this and see if they've solved it. And try reinstalling java. (uninstalling first)

Mediv88
    Mediv88

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:21 PM

OK GUYs.

I happened to find out the real reason behind the error with the message "JAVA.NET.SOCKETEXCEPTION".

And I tell you if u read the whole first 15 sites here, there is not even the slightest hint to the real reason.

But I dont wanna write down a guide of 1 site of text, since it takes quite something to fix it I will just give  u a few hints:

First of all it is a problem of the server not the client.

And it is just in a certain area of that server, where the failure in java script happened, u triggered a fire bug maybe, it can also be something else, and the java code got bugged, and the server cant load that code anymore.

So:

Find the place where the server is bugged.

Load the level.dat file with MCEdit.

Go to the bugged place and find out what is wrong, maybe just a Fire.

Fix it.

Save it, load the server again and it should work.

Gl:P

PapaLazaru

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:29 PM

View PostMediv88, on 06 June 2011 - 10:21 PM, said:

OK GUYs.

I happened to find out the real reason behind the error with the message "JAVA.NET.SOCKETEXCEPTION".

And I tell you if u read the whole first 15 sites here, there is not even the slightest hint to the real reason.

But I dont wanna write down a guide of 1 site of text, since it takes quite something to fix it I will just give  u a few hints:

First of all it is a problem of the server not the client.

And it is just in a certain area of that server, where the failure in java script happened, u triggered a fire bug maybe, it can also be something else, and the java code got bugged, and the server cant load that code anymore.

So:

Find the place where the server is bugged.

Load the level.dat file with MCEdit.

Go to the bugged place and find out what is wrong, maybe just a Fire.

Fix it.

Save it, load the server again and it should work.

Gl:P

So this could be being caused by ANY bug in the map?

The server I play on has a large chunk of unstable land.   Could this be causing it?  Why is nobody else affected?

Mediv88
    Mediv88

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:23 AM

View PostPapaLazaru, on 07 June 2011 - 05:29 PM, said:

So this could be being caused by ANY bug in the map?

The server I play on has a large chunk of unstable land.   Could this be causing it?  Why is nobody else affected?

I thought everyone on the server who goes to this corrupted chunk is affected.

But if u say its just you, it could be that the chunk is only corrupted for those who were online and close while the bug happened.

For me it was, that all 3 of us (private server) were fighting in an arena, and one guy lit on a wool block and this fire killed the closest 81 chunks.

When we edited this 1 block with MCEdit it worked again.

So you could ask the server admin if he can send u the files of the server and u look with MCEdit in it and try to find what is the problem.

moso619
    moso619

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

bump

hellasexy

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:50 AM

another player with the problem, bumping in hopes of gaining any kind of attenton from mojang

also, is it possible for this error to be solely for the player and not the server. until today most of these errors would be caused by some bug/lag with the server i play on, and I'd find some other players who were disconnected, but today i'm getting consistent errors less than a minute into logging into any server. With the small amount of time I have before getting disconnected, I've tried asking if anyone else had the same problem and no one says they have.

Vic1980
    Vic1980

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:50 AM

View PostColdNCursed, on 23 October 2010 - 11:37 AM, said:

My friend also has this problem

Hey guys,

My brothers were having a similar issue. Just to save me from typing a lot please see my post here:

http://www.minecraft..._1#entry5219949

-Vic

Silversonic11

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:11 PM

This is fucking me off. I JUST, WANT, TO PLAY, MINECRAFT. I've had this problem for about two weeks. Here are some issues;

- I can connect to a server for about 1-2 minutes before I am kicked and given this error. In that time problem a 100x100 square grid loads up, but no more.
- I have three computers in my house, all connected to the same router, all of them get the same problem.
- I cannot connect to ANY server without this happening.
- Other players can connect to the main server I use without any problems.

My DL speed averages roughly 2.5Mbps. At my university where I used to live I had about 20Mbps and encountered no problems on minecraft at all. Now I'm back home, and I get this problem. I've tried plugging and unplugging the router but had little success - I don't know much about networks technically. Getting a new internet connection is out of the question, and it's obviously not a computer specific related problem. Am I going to be stuck with this for 3 months until I move out?

rpick25
    rpick25

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:18 AM

I am haveing the same problem, although I have never been on this server. It is my friends and when I went to play on it for the first time I got the connection reset message, it happens on other serves as well which I have never been on.
Posted Image

PapaLazaru

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:55 PM

Bumping this shit.

Emmutikas

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

Hey,can enyone help me i get in minecraft multiplayer 'java.net.socketexception connection reset' how to fix it please help me  :(

minecrafter1234567
  • Minecraft: Mr_Cat123

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

i used to have the poblme but it dose not happen any more :/ idk how to help you but i just truble shoot it if that dont work i have to reset my computer so dont play online for a wile that fixed it for me and dont play on laggy servers thus are the main poblem just have fun thu  <_<
Posted Image
Tekkit is Nice! Download it!: http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/