Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2178 posts
  • Minecraft: Mumfrey

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:15 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image
If you're a server admin, a player on a server with lots of plugins, or just love automating every aspect of your minecraft experience, you will honestly wonder how you lived without this mod...

Note: if you're looking for LiteLoader it now has its own shiny new thread!

Posted Image
  • Easy to use GUI. Just activate the mod then just press the key you want to bind. No need to memorize key codes or names!
  • Bind keys which are already used for something else! Want to put a macro on the number keys, mouse buttons or WASD? Using the override function you can use these keys for both their normal function or as macros when you need them.
  • Edit keybinds quickly. Change your binds whenever you want. You can even copy and move macros from key to key with drag 'n drop.
  • Multiple configurations. Different binds in different servers? No problem! It even switches automatically.
  • In-game text editor. Want to make a complex macro? No need to alt-tab to notepad, create and edit text files inside minecraft.
  • Lots of easy-to-use parameters. Lists of friends, automatic responses, warp points, towns, you name it.
  • Scripting! Build custom auto-announcers, time-delay messages, or create your own auto-walk, toggleable-sneak or sprint keys.
  • Custom GUIs! Create your own custom GUI and hook up your macros for instant in-game menus
  • Permissions System Server admins can lock down chosen features of the mod using the easy-to-setup Client Permissions plugin, allowing seamless integration with the server's existing rank system.

Posted Image
  • Install LiteLoader
  • Download the .litemod file for your version of minecraft here and save it into your "mods" folder (create the "mods" folder if it does not already exist) NOTE: Some browsers will change the file extension to .zip when downloading, if this happens be sure to change it back to .litemod or LiteLoader will not find the mod!
  • Run the Minecraft client
  • Check the Controls screen in the Minecraft configuration to make sure there are no conflicts with other keys you use. This mod adds pages to the Controls screen for enhanced configuration of any mods which add custom keys
Posted Image

Posted Image

This update will break things! Yes, ID's are going for good in 1.8 and so in preparation for that everything in the mod which previously used numeric IDs now uses the new identifiers. This means you need to change any scripts which use IDs to use identifiers.. See the changelog for the convenience functions. These commands will only be available during 1.7 and will be removed in 1.8, so use them to update your scripts but don't rely on them. You have been warned!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Expand for more images:
Spoiler:

Posted Image

To bind keys:
  • In-game, simply press [SNEAK KEY]+GRAVE (change the key in the options if this doesn't work for you) and you will be prompted to press a key.
  • Press the key you would like to bind or click it on the on-screen keyboard
  • Enter the chat command (including the / at the start), separate multiple commands with pipe "|"
  • Press ENTER to save the keybind, press ESC to cancel it. To edit a keybind repeat the same process.

Posted Image
  • If the key doesn't have any other function (eg. it is not bound to any other built-in command or function) then just press the key
  • If the key is bound to another function (such as the WASD keys or T,I etc) press your [MACRO ACTIVATE] key (as you set in the options) followed by the key.
  • Alternatively if the key is bound to another function press [MACRO OVERRIDE]+[KEY] (again, you can set this in the Controls screen)

Posted Image
You can find out a lot of useful information about the mod via my tutorials on YouTube.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image
To get started using the mod, you can find an list of commands and keycodes and guide to the other features in the mod in the readme.txt

Posted Image

As of version 0.8.5 language packs are no longer required as the supported languages are directly integrated into the main download and will automatically switch based on the chosen Minecraft language. If you would like to provide a language pack for your language please contact me via PM.

Current language packs in the mod: For historic language pack information expand the spoiler:
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Changes for 0.10.04
  • Updated to Minecraft 1.7.2 (seriously, recoding it from scratch might have been easier)
  • Fixed label text being messed up with some formatting code arrangements
  • Fixed amount and ID in the onPickupItem event
  • Fixed mismatch between XPOS, YPOS, ZPOS vars and the position reported in the $$p menu
  • Added documentation entries for undocumented script commands
  • Fixed key state macros not working correctly when set to always override
  • Added descriptive message to uncollapsed stack error, eg. "DO expects LOOP, WHILE or UNTIL"
  • Optional capturing subgroups now return empty string instead of throwing an error
  • Hooked outbound messages to Forge ClientCommandHandler if present to support client commands in Forge mods
  • Fixed broken help display in conditional event macros
  • Fixed broken help display in "simple gui" mode
  • Outgoing chat splitter now trims leading and trailing whitespace on partial messages
  • UCASE and LCASE commands returns string converted to upper and lower case respectively
  • No more custom controls GUI, plug in to the new 1.7 controls GUI and consolidate some options ("direct mode" setting now accessible via controls list)
  • Added abiility to support environment variables that are arrays, used for RESOURCEPACKS and SHADERGROUPS
  • Removed TEXTUREPACK and RESOURCEPACK
  • Added RESOURCEPACKS command which takes comma-separated list of pack identifiers
  • Addded RESOURCEPACKS environment variable which contains comma-separated list of current resource packs
  • Addded RESOURCEPACKS[] array environment variable which contains active resource packs as an array
  • Added SHADERGROUPS[] array environment variable containing the names of all available shader groups
  • Added SHADERGROUP environment variable containing the name of the currently selected shader group
  • Added SHADERGROUP command to select a specific shader group, accepts the group name, file name or full path:
    SHADERGROUP("fxaa");
    SHADERGROUP("fxaa.json");
    SHADERGROUP("minecraft:shaders/post/fxaa.json");
    SHADERGROUP(+); // Select next shader

• Added RECORDVOLUME, WEATHERVOLUME, BLOCKVOLUME, HOSTILEVOLUME, NEUTRALVOLUME, PLAYERVOLUME, AMBIENTVOLUME environment variables containing current volume settings
  • VOLUME command now accepts second parameter to specify the sound category eg. VOLUME(50,"WEATHER")
  • FOG command can now accept a numeric argument which is the chunk distance to select (also still supports "far", "tiny" etc.)
  • Chat filter now built in and uses different scripting context to the main scripting engine to prevent use of potentially fatal commands
  • onSendChatMessage event added
  • GETID supports minecraft-style relative locations by prepending tilde to coords
  • KEY supports "screenshot" and "smoothcamera"
  • KEYUP, KEYDOWN and TOGGLEKEY support "playerlist" and "sprint"
  • All numeric item and block IDs removed
  • Item and block IDs and commands which require them will now require item names instead
  • Added ITEMID and TILEID commands to get legacy IDs of items and tiles respectively from their names. Note that these commands are temporary to allow a smoother transition to the 1.7 system and will be removed in 1.8 when numeric ID's are completely removed from the game
    Example usage: #oldid = ITEMID("golden_sword");
  • Added ITEMNAME and TILENAME commands to get the new name identifiers for items and tiles respectively from their legacy IDs.
  • Label controls can now accept a fully-expandable value for their "binding" instead of just a single var name
  • SERVERNAME now contains the save name in single player
  • Macros config screen accessible via the liteloader config panel as well
  • CONTAINERSLOTS environment variable containing the number of slots in the currently open container
  • Added CHUNKSUPDATED environment variable
Changes for 0.9.11
  • Updated to Minecraft 1.6.4 and tweak system 1.8
  • Large internal overhaul of the events system, might be bugs please let me know.
  • API Version to 13, now supports modules providing custom events.
  • Added experimental filterablechat gui and corresponding event, for science. Disabled by default.
  • All script actions that logically ought to return a value now return a value.
  • Added return value info to the command reference screen
  • Fixed issue with using expansion operator as an array index not working as expected
  • Fixed durability change event on shears
Changes for 0.9.10
  • Updated for Minecraft 1.6.2, and believe me this was no picnic
  • Kick/disconnect now properly triggers onJoinGame when rejoining
  • Improvements to macro enqueue/dequeue which should prevent CoModificationException when calling STOP inside an EXEC'd task
  • Fixed ECHO not working inside UNSAFE when flood protection is enabled (still prevented when flood protection is off)
  • Improved escaping for | inside script actions, \| should now work as expected in regex and ECHO
  • Fixed issue with array iterator position var
  • Improved SETRES to work more reliably than the old version
  • Added RESOURCEPACK command as an alias of TEXTUREPACK, both versions work for compatibility purposes
  • Added environment var iterator "env" with iterator variable VARNAME
  • API Version bump to 12
  • Online player list $$u is now sorted again
  • Fixed issue with numpad enter not being recognised on Macs
  • Use fixed custom font in binding screen to avoid display being messed up
  • INDEXOF now takes a fourth parameter which when set to TRUE will perform a case-sensitive lookup (default is case-insensitive)
  • Added ENCODE and DECODE which perform base64 encode and decode, you're welcome Bagline
  • Added SQRT function with signature SQRT(input,#outvar); Only works on integers
  • Added CALCYAWTO (calc yaw to) function which provides functionality of old POLARXZ. This function returns the YAW value (in minecraft degrees, 0 points SOUTH) that points to the specified X/Z coordinate pair
  • File include limit is now configurable (previously hard-coded limit was 10 includes)
  • Added SPLIT and JOIN which can explode and implode arrays:
    SPLIT(delimiter,string,&outarray[]);
    JOIN(glue,inarray,&outstring);
  • Updated Russian translation by boroda_ua
  • Updated Ukranian translation by eXtendedZero
Changes for 0.9.9
  • Updated to Minecraft 1.5.2
  • Added UNSAFE blocks which disable the execution rate limit normally applied to macros
  • Added GUI for assigning custom GUI's to available "slots" such as ingame, inchat, etc.
  • Added "scoreboard" and "indebug" slots for ingame GUI's
  • Added SHOWGUI command for displaying arbitrary custom GUI's: SHOWGUI("somecustomgui");
  • Added BINDGUI command for assigning GUI's to slots via script: BINDGUI("ingame","somecustomgui");
  • Added armour item max damage vars: BOOTSDAMAGE, LEGGINGSDAMAGE, CHESTPLATEDAMAGE, HELMDAMAGE containing the total damage the armour item can take
  • Added armour item name vars: BOOTSNAME, LEGGINGSNAME, CHESTPLATENAME, HELMNAME containing the name of the armour item equipped
  • Added CHATVISIBLE, CHATOPACITY, CHATSCALE, CHATWIDTH, CHATHEIGHT, CHATHEIGHTFOCUSED commands for setting chat options
  • Added vertical style to progress bar control
  • Added support for using expressions in progressbar min and max fields
  • Fixed auto-craft for recipes with wildcard block types in the recipe
  • Modified auto-crafting status GUI to display failure reasons when auto-crafting fails
  • Auto-crafting now returns NORECIPE if a recipe is not found (previously returned NOTSTARTED). NOTSTARTED now indicates a recipe was found but sufficient items to craft the recipe were not.
  • Added SERVERMOTD, SERVERNAME, MAXPLAYERS, ONLINEPLAYERS, HITPROGRESS, DISPLAYWIDTH, DISPLAYHEIGHT, CANFLY and FLYING environment variables
  • Added HITPROGRESS variable (block breaking progress (range 0-9)
  • Added SCREEN environment variable containing currently displayed custom GUI
  • Allowed sorting of parameter lists using CTRL+S
  • API revisions, API version now 10
  • GETSLOT, GETSLOTITEM and SLOTCLICK now act upon the hotbar if no container is currently open using virtual slot ID's 1-9
  • Added command reference screen to in-game text editor
  • Added SETPROPERTY command for setting GUI control properties via script: SETPROPERTY(controlname,propertyname,value)
  • Added "visible" property to all controls, only settable using SETPROPERTY currently
Older version changelogs:
Spoiler:

Posted Image
  • To uninstall the mod, just delete the .liteloader file from your "mods" folder
  • All mod configuration information is stored in a folder macros inside your minecraft mods folder, you can save and restore this folder if you want to copy your macros to another computer
  • This mod shouldn't create conflicts with other mods using modloader or forge, but to be certain it is worth avoiding binding keys used by other mods. If in doubt delete the .macros.txt file and ensure other mods run as normal.
Posted Image

If you would like to show your support for the mod by including a clickable banner in your sig, click the spoiler next to one of the banners below and copy the code into your forum signature:

Posted Image
Spoiler:
Posted Image
Spoiler:
Posted Image
Spoiler:
Posted Image
Spoiler:
Posted Image
Spoiler:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
I have spent a lot of time developing this mod and some people have asked if they can donate but I believe in making mods for fun and do not wish to make money from it. However if you really would like to make a donation then I recommend making a donation to Vexx32, who will use it to buy minecraft gift codes for people! This way your good will can go towards helping someone to play the game. :)

Click the donate button to donate to Vexx32's minecraft gift code account:

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • The Macro / Keybind Mod is Copyright © 2011-2014 Mumfrey
  • LiteLoader is Copyright © 2012-2014 Mumfrey
  • You may include this mod in compilation packs or mod collections provided it is unmodified
  • You may redistribute LiteLoader binaries, and/or use the source code to make your own LiteMods
  • You may redistribute the mod, provided it is umodified
  • If you redistribute the mod, I would appreciate it if you provide appropriate attribution where possible and include the above copright message, but this is not a requirement
  • You may decompile the mod for personal use but you may not redistribute modified or recompiled versions

Posted Image

Thanks to the MCP team and everyone who's given suggestions and feedback. Special thanks to AJFire for making the original mod logo and providing the german translation. Thanks also to Chokapix for the french translation, kamild1996 for the Polish translation, Dyon123 for the dutch translation, agubelu for the spanish translation, eXtendZero for the Ukrainian translation, and Gorlem for updating the german translation for 1.4!

Enjoy! Please post feedback, comments, abuse here. Posted Image
Posted Image

[ liteloader ] [ YouTube ] [ Twitter @therealeq2 ] [ voxelmodpack.com ]

Register or log in to remove.

VADemon
    VADemon

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:30 AM

Spoiler:

EDIT: 07.08.2012:
Your mod is AWESOME! Posted Image

One year of development and hard work made this mod the best macro extension I have ever seen.
(There isn't anything for any other game that could be compared with this. Good job, Mumfrey!)

Edited by VADemon, 30 August 2012 - 08:47 PM.

Sarkos
    Sarkos

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:34 AM

VA, Improved chat hasnt been updated too 1.7.3...

billysprogrammer
  • Minecraft: Ju0z45

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:35 AM

Really like this mod, very useful for my sever, recommended it to our regulars, thanks so much!

VADemon
    VADemon

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:31 AM

View PostSarkos, on 18 July 2011 - 05:34 AM, said:

VA, Improved chat hasnt been updated too 1.7.3...
I got version that works with 1.7.3. Maybe third party update but it works! Try to search the 1.7.3 compatible version with Google.

Mumfrey
    Mumfrey

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2178 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:02 AM

Indeed, thanks for your comments! Improved Chat does look amazing, maybe he will add the quick-bind function used here to that mod? On my travels I did find Improved Chat but it seems very heavyweight if you just want simple keybind functions. I've tried to keep this as tiny as possible (and use modloader for compatibility) as I think it may still appeal to people who like to keep things minimalist.

The two features which may appeal to users are the ability to quickly edit macros/binds in-game, and the fact that you needn't memorise either the LWJGL key codes nor the key names to bind unusual keys: simply press the key you want to bind.

I'll add a link to Improved Chat to the OP though :)
Posted Image

AJFire
    AJFire

Carpenter

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:05 AM

i really would like to use your mod but it conflicts with improved chat mod (i dont like the binding-system in icm)
When i press tab, it tells me that i should press a button, but nothing happen after that.

Mumfrey
    Mumfrey

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2178 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:04 AM

Hmm, sorry you're having trouble. It shouldn't conflict with Improved Chat, I have just installed Improved Chat and tested it and I've been unable to replicate the behaviour you describe. Did you install ModLoader before installing Improved Chat (as mentioned in the Improved Chat forum post)?

I tried with a clean install of 1.7.3, installed Modloader and my own mod, then installed Improved Chat and everything worked as expected, so I don't know what else to try.

Sorry I can't help any more but if you're still having trouble it may be worth checking that there aren't other conflicts - are you running any other ModLoader mods?
Posted Image

psgts
    psgts

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Minecraft: Proskillgod

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:00 AM

I love this mod! I like the idea overall. But is ther way to only issue part of the command so you can enter the last part of the command? If your wondering why it is because i do not like typeing the same command over and over with a diffrence of 1thing.
Posted Image

AJFire
    AJFire

Carpenter

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:05 PM

Ok, works now for me. Fresh minecraft, with Inventory Tweaks, HDPatch, an your mod.
I really love your mod because it's easier to bind keys than in Improved Chat.
I hope you are still in the mood for developing this mod, 'cause i have some requests :D

1. Bind Scripts to a key like "> script(welcome.txt)"

inside welcome.txt:

/give AJFire 278 1
Hi Everybody
/msg MarinaX \

Where "\" just writes "/msg MarinaX" in the chat without pressing enter.

:D

Job3rt
    Job3rt

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:36 AM

Great Mod! Its awesome! You should be proud!  :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:

Mumfrey
    Mumfrey

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2178 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:18 PM

View Postpsgts, on 28 July 2011 - 03:00 AM, said:

...is ther way to only issue part of the command so you can enter the last part of the command?

View PostAJFire, on 28 July 2011 - 09:05 PM, said:

...I hope you are still in the mood for developing this mod, 'cause i have some requests :D

1. Bind Scripts to a key like "> script(welcome.txt)"...

I really like both of these ideas! I'll release an update as soon as I can which supports this, I've coded most of it already but I need to properly test it all to make sure there's nothing I've missed, and make it a little prettier too.

To address the first idea, I've made it so that adding $$? anywhere in a macro will bring up a prompt when the macro is executed and will replace the $$? with whatever is entered. It also remembers what was entered, so entering repeat commands is easy, even across sessions (it stores the params in macros.txt).

For the second point I've added the ability to enter $$<filename.txt> to substitute the contents of the file into the macro at that point, which adds a lot of flexibility. You can even put these macro file includes inside a macro file, just be sure not to include the same file inside itself!

Finally, entering $$! in a macro will stop the macro at that point and put the last command into the chat buffer. This works either in an included file or in a simple macro, so the example above could be written as:
/give AJFire 278 1|Hi Everybody|/msg MarinaX $$!
Obviously anything after $$! is ignored.

You could also use
/give AJFire $$? 1|Hi Everybody|/msg MarinaX $$!
to provide a prompt for what item to give :)

Once I've ironed out the bugs and fully tested it I'll put it up here, the last part may need some fixing to work with Improved Chat or it might not even be possible to coexist, I'll have to do some testing of that too.

Thanks for your suggestions and feedback!
Posted Image

Natethegreat832
  • Minecraft: Natethegreat832

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:58 AM

Are you in any relation to Jesus? I LOVE THIS MOD!

Check out 184.164.142.170

Posted Image

Mumfrey
    Mumfrey

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2178 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:04 AM

Well having tested all the new features I've now uploaded a new version 0.2 (see links in the original post) which supports the parameter codes I mentioned above plus new codes $$i and $$f which prompt for an item or friend respectively (check out the video for a full demo of the new stuff). Half the coding time on this was actually making a ListBox and ScrollBar control to support the new interface features, as I felt it was important to try and keep everything feeling very simple and easy to use!

Posted Image

The testing resulted in the following restrictions on including files: You can include a maximum of 10 files per macro (this includes files included by other files) which stops the processing getting too ludicrous and mitigates accidental recursion! Also, filenames can only include letters, numbers, space, underscore, dash and dot and must end in .txt

Hope you like the new stuff, please feel free to post any other ideas, suggestions or comments and I'll try to implement them if I can.
Posted Image

psgts
    psgts

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Minecraft: Proskillgod

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:07 AM

im confused what are the friend/item thingys for i dnt quite get it
Posted Image

Awesomer6

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:35 AM

Will this also work with single player commands?
As that would be the greatest and awesome thing :D

EDIT:
This unfortunately doesn't work with singleplayer commands :(
Please make this work with singleplayer commands.
Please

Mumfrey
    Mumfrey

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2178 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:35 AM

View Postpsgts, on 11 August 2011 - 08:07 AM, said:

im confused what are the friend/item thingys for i dnt quite get it
Sorry I didn't explain very well, basically they're just specialised parameters which give you a list of stuff rather than just typing things in.

You mentioned above that you'd like to be able to enter "part" of a command when you execute it - with the new version there are two possible ways of doing this:

1) You can use AJFire's method, which basically will pump a macro into the chat buffer allowing you to complete it, so for example making the macro
/give psgts 4 $$!
will put /give psgts 4 into chat and allow you to type the amount on the end then press enter. However this isn't very useful if you want to enter something in the middle of your command, so on to option...

2) You can use the new method, which allows you to put $$? anywhere in the macro and be prompted for it when you execute the macro. For example
/give psgts $$? 64
will prompt you for the item number. However in this scenario you have to remember the item number, or have a cheat sheet handy with the item numbers on it. The "item" option allows you to instead enter $$i and as well as being prompted you now get an on-screen list of items (as pictured). $$f does exactly the same thing but allows you to maintain a list of "friends", essentially for private messaging or other admin functions.

I should mention that you can also combine paramters in a single macro, so you could actually write:

/give $$f $$i $$?
and it will work perfectly fine, prompting for all 3 parameters in turn.

Hopefully that now makes sense, if it's still not clear take a look at the video which shows the stuff in action.

View PostAwesomer6, on 11 August 2011 - 08:35 AM, said:

Will this also work with single player commands?
As that would be the greatest and awesome thing :D

EDIT:
This unfortunately doesn't work with singleplayer commands :(
Please make this work with singleplayer commands.
Please
I'll take a look, I've not used Single Player Commands myself so I'll have a look at the code and check. The mod itself definitely works in single player as that's where I test the stuff, I just manually disable it before release. If I can make it work then I'll certainly release an updated version which supports that.
Posted Image

Awesomer6

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:55 AM

View PostMumfrey, on 11 August 2011 - 10:35 AM, said:

Sorry I didn't explain very well, basically they're just specialised parameters which give you a list of stuff rather than just typing things in.

You mentioned above that you'd like to be able to enter "part" of a command when you execute it - with the new version there are two possible ways of doing this:

1) You can use AJFire's method, which basically will pump a macro into the chat buffer allowing you to complete it, so for example making the macro
/give psgts 4 $!
will put /give psgts 4 into chat and allow you to type the amount on the end then press enter. However this isn't very useful if you want to enter something in the middle of your command, so on to option...

2) You can use the new method, which allows you to put $? anywhere in the macro and be prompted for it when you execute the macro. For example
/give psgts $? 64
will prompt you for the item number. However in this scenario you have to remember the item number, or have a cheat sheet handy with the item numbers on it. The "item" option allows you to instead enter $i and as well as being prompted you now get an on-screen list of items (as pictured). $f does exactly the same thing but allows you to maintain a list of "friends", essentially for private messaging or other admin functions.

I should mention that you can also combine paramters in a single macro, so you could actually write:

/give $f $i $?
and it will work perfectly fine, prompting for all 3 parameters in turn.

Hopefully that now makes sense, if it's still not clear take a look at the video which shows the stuff in action.

I'll take a look, I've not used Single Player Commands myself so I'll have a look at the code and check. The mod itself definitely works in single player as that's where I test the stuff, I just manually disable it before release. If I can make it work then I'll certainly release an updated version which supports that.

Thank you very much and thank you for replying so quickly

stan-fear

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:32 PM

this sounds to be an amazing plugin but ...
if you test the stuff on ssp, why do you disable this fonction when you release your mod ?
I'm french so please be indulgent with my english
Posted Image

Mumfrey
    Mumfrey

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2178 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:44 PM

View Poststan-fear, on 11 August 2011 - 01:32 PM, said:

this sounds to be an amazing plugin but ...
if you test the stuff on ssp, why do you disable this fonction when you release your mod ?
I test on SSP for simplicity using a test harness which pipes all of the output to the console so that I can test that macros are outputting what they should. The test harness also checks the issued commands to make sure they don't contain illegal characters and aren't longer than 100 characters in length. Taking the server out of the picture is just easier and quicker for testing purposes basically.

Since you can't issue chat commands in single player I just thought it sensible to disable it because it could cause confusion having the macro capability but not actually sending the messages anywhere!

I didn't realise that Single Player Commands existed, now that I'm aware of it I can look into how it handles commands and adjust my mod so that if Single Player Commands mod is detected it will enable itself in SSP. It would be naïve to just assume that it masquerades as a server, but if that is indeed what it does (specifically, if it hooks into EntityPlayerSP.sendChatMessage()) then making this work in SSP is trivial - if not then I'll engineer it so that it does work :)
Posted Image