• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Skindex 404ing?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

toastfan902

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:50 AM

Recently, I have attempted to download skins from the Skindex, but have been unsuccessful in doing so.  Whenever I click the download button, the page gets redirected to a 404 error message.  I have downloaded skins from this website before so I am unsure of what the problem is.  There is no direct contact email on the website so I decided to post this in the Skindex area of the forums.  Is there maintenance going on or something?  
-Toastfan902

Register or log in to remove.

TkTech
    TkTech

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 304 posts
  • Minecraft: TkTech

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:23 AM

The skindex was recently purchased by another, and the move just finished. It should be mostly stable now. You may have to wait a bit for DNS propagation to finish.
Sorry for the trouble :D
blog | developer wiki (protocol, etc...) | Codewarrior is back and working on MCEdit!

Wilks228
  • Minecraft: Wilks228

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:48 AM

I'm having the same problem, except whenever I try to access the page I get a message saying that the webpage has a redirect loop.
For an awesome Lp series which doesn't currently have the fan base it deserves go to
http://www.youtube.com/user/AltEffFor

Alexbrainbox said:

Carlsberg don't do minecraft videos...

TkTech
    TkTech

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 304 posts
  • Minecraft: TkTech

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:07 PM

Yes, just wait for the DNS propagation to finish :P Try clearing your browser cache and trying again.
blog | developer wiki (protocol, etc...) | Codewarrior is back and working on MCEdit!

TheSkindex

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:43 AM

Issue Resolved!

Wilks228
  • Minecraft: Wilks228

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:45 AM

True dat
For an awesome Lp series which doesn't currently have the fan base it deserves go to
http://www.youtube.com/user/AltEffFor

Alexbrainbox said:

Carlsberg don't do minecraft videos...

Neiko
    Neiko

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:50 AM

Hate to bump, but this came up on the search, and I don't see the need to make a new thread if one already exists.

I recently went to skindex, and tried to download some skins, but I just get a 404 when trying to download any of the skins, I get a 404 error. I tried doing the ones I wanted, then I just started trying them at random. I got a 404 on all of them.

I tried with google chrome, then tried with firefox. Then I tried with IE tab and none of them worked.

itbarany
    itbarany

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:20 PM

Neiko said:

Hate to bump, but this came up on the search, and I don't see the need to make a new thread if one already exists.

I recently went to skindex, and tried to download some skins, but I just get a 404 when trying to download any of the skins, I get a 404 error. I tried doing the ones I wanted, then I just started trying them at random. I got a 404 on all of them.

I tried with google chrome, then tried with firefox. Then I tried with IE tab and none of them worked.

i second that!
Unhappy is he to whom the memories of childhood bring only fear and sadness.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The Outsider"

Dolphinjamez

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:48 PM

Every time I try to remote change Minecraft.net comes up with this error:

Failed to save skin: javax.imageio.IIOException: Can't get input stream from URL!
I used to use it good until saturday, when it stopped working!
Posted Image[/url]

Tommy teh duck

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:59 PM

"404 Not Found

The requested URL /save/12035 was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.3.2-2 with Suhosin-Patch Server at www.minecraftskins.com Port 80"

That's The message i get when DownLoading a skin? Anyone help please?
Posted Image

SinorKirby

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:44 AM

Same here.  Did all the files not get moved over properly or something?

CalvinT11

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:44 AM

same skindex is being a bitch with 404

Tommy teh duck

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

SinorKirby said:

Same here.  Did all the files not get moved over properly or something?

Idk XD hopefully cos im a rs Nerd i want mah BANDOS ARMOUR SKIN NAOOOZ D:
Posted Image

Vaquxine
    Vaquxine

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Minecraft: Vaquxine

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:32 PM

Mm, same here; hopefully they'll resolve the issue soon. I have a feeling they just changed the directory the skins are saved in (not \save\) and forgot to update the links.

Kn1TTLe023

Posted 18 December 2010 - 03:54 PM

Whenever I try to create my own multiplayer server it says "404 not found". Can someone help me out with this?

Misterspork

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:11 AM

Kn1TTLe023 said:

Whenever I try to create my own multiplayer server it says "404 not found". Can someone help me out with this?
This is the skins forum, it is for custom player skins, not multiplayer servers.  Post your issue on the multiplayer forums.

TehSoulEater said:

No. You're being purposely ignorant, and a smartass.

Math FTW

Minepedia is your friend.

Perfect model of default skin using coloured wool. viewtopic.php?f=1020&t=144504