• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Private Servers / Password Protection

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

chiefofgxbxl

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:15 PM

I find that many people that just want to be annoying just log on to your multiplayer server to delete all your stuff. This is a major setback. On my friends server we play on, he always saves every 5 minutes automatically, and creates backup files to all those saves, so if you go onto our server and delete stuff, we can boot you and just load it back up again. However, most people probably do not do that, so therefore, I would like servers to have the option to be password protected, so only friends that have talked to the server runner before-hand can log on.

Register or log in to remove.

citricsquid
  • Minecraft: citricsquid
  • Xbox:citricsquid

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:17 PM

Why not just use private? I do agree passwords would be nice, but there is an already existing solution to your problem.

chiefofgxbxl

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:22 PM

Oh, I wasn't aware of the private option. And this removes your server from the list when you go home and then click on 'Multiplayer' ? My friend saves/created the server we used, so I don't know about these options, but he told me it didn't exist to password protect a page.

citricsquid
  • Minecraft: citricsquid
  • Xbox:citricsquid

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

Oh, I wasn't aware of the private option. And this removes your server from the list when you go home and then click on 'Multiplayer' ? My friend saves/created the server we used, so I don't know about these options, but he told me it didn't exist to password protect a page.
There are indeed two different types, "private" and "public", "public" displays the server on the server list, "private" means that only those given the URL can connect.

public=true
Is the line that should be changed in the config, change that to "false" and then restart the server. After the server is restarted, go into the "externalurl.txt" file and copy that IRL, give it to all the people you want to play :D

Seanny112
  • Minecraft: Seanny112

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:21 PM

there are also plugins you can download :)

dabears17x
    dabears17x

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • Minecraft: dabears17x

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:12 AM

View PostSeanny112, on 25 September 2011 - 10:21 PM, said:

there are also plugins you can download :)
Holy jesus, that was the biggest necro in the history of minecraft. This thread was from more than 2 years ago.
Posted Image

angalex
    angalex

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 748 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:17 AM

Whitelist kind of do this passively.