• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Glimmar's Steampunk v15 Hybrid [64/32x][1.7.4] - UPDATED 29/1/14 - 1.8 pics pg563> - GS Alt Textures v15 UPDATED - New Mod Support by MegistusEligius!

steampunk rich dark grungy epic steamy! clockwork machines

• Please log in to reply
11927 replies to this topic

Deepblue686
  • Minecraft: Deepblue686

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

Your signature image in the main post appears to be broken Glim.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

ksheep
    ksheep

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 966 posts
  • Minecraft: ksheep

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

Finally back at my computer… although I may be away from it most of tomorrow ¬_¬

Just went through the last week and a half worth of new Mod Textures (mostly Vermillion's), and I think I've got them all. I will try to get something thrown together in the next few days, but my internet connection is a bit spotty at the moment. It took the better part of an hour of reloading to get the page of GregTech textures to load properly…

This probably won't be tested as thoroughly as previous ones, as I've been having issues with mods lately, so I will be relying on you all to tell me if there's any glaring errors. I will probably include the older textures, even though most are probably out of date, but I will probably put them in a subfolder of "Use at your own risk" sort of thing… And actually, if I could get some people willing to test it and find out which texture sheets are out of date and which aren't it would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, last call for new mod textures! If you want them included in the next iteration of the mod texture pack, get them to me soon!
Posted Image

VermillionTwilight
  • Minecraft: VermillionX

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

lol... GregTech updates with new blocks every couple of days and i'm behind on some other versions of mod textures that are for 1.4.2, but not for ones that are 1.4.6.
GregTech just released a new version today with another entire sheet of sprites and tripled the amount of content in the old ones. *cries*

gregtechmod/textures/items.png (1.4.6 version)
Posted Image

gregtechmod/textures/blocks.png (1.4.6 version - some textures are temps)
Posted Image

gregtechmod/textures/metaitems/dusts.png
Posted Image

*sigh*
Posted Image

ksheep
    ksheep

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 966 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Oh, and for those looking for that Language Pack, I found the link. Unfortunately, it looks like that project died back in April… However, if someone wants to pick it up, there's a fair number of good suggestions on that thread.
Posted Image

asikar
    asikar

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Minecraft: tkep100

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

View Postksheep, on 09 January 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

Oh, and for those looking for that Language Pack, I found the link. Unfortunately, it looks like that project died back in April… However, if someone wants to pick it up, there's a fair number of good suggestions on that thread.

I think I would like to try and pick it up. I've been going through the pack and rewording a few things and i think by the end of the day i should have a semi finished product.
Posted Image

The_Fool76
    The_Fool76

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3032 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Jens has updated the wiki with some important info about texture packs in 1.5
http://www.minecraft...n_Minecraft_1.5

It contains all the details on how animations will be supported so we can start converting those .properties files over.

Just think, we may finally be seeing the end of "Why do I have water in the nether?" posts.  :)
Tis far better to be a witty fool than a foolish wit.
Posted Image

Glimmar
    Glimmar

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3830 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostWillieWest, on 08 January 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

I just spat the Mountain Dew I was drinking. Glimmar subscribed to me on YouTube, and I went full on nerd mode. Glimmar's Steampunk is one of my favorite texture packs, and when I saw the notification I didn't know what to say.
Don't waste that Mountain Dew on my account! :D

View PostTheAuldGrump, on 09 January 2013 - 12:15 AM, said:

Heh - I try to blast the dunes level with the ground, so I can pretend that there is some science to it, not just making things go *BOOM!*

Failed pretty thoroughly in that regard on one area though - How was I supposed to know that there was a ravine hidden under the desert?... Right near the shore of a river, so I had to dam off the waterfall before A. Covering it back over and B. Going exploring.

One side effect of the desert reclamation - I won't need to worry about glass or sandstone for a while.  Time to build some brownstone tenements for my villagers.... Row houses should be easy to build. Already have some started in brick.

The villagers seem to have moved out of my mortuary on a permanent basis - but the nearby asylum still has a full quota. Wish that I could get the beggars to breed and spread out - but they seem to like the insane asylum....Posted Image The padded rooms are all filled up. (If I need to I can recover some grey wool from them, replace it with white - but it wouldn't go very far.)

The Auld Grump
That place of yours sounds like a fascinating holiday destination with it's asylum and mortuary. :D

Villagers never seem to do what I'd like them to do either, congregating in the strangest of places.

View PostDeepblue686, on 09 January 2013 - 12:49 AM, said:

Your signature image in the main post appears to be broken Glim.
I know, mate. I've tried all sorts of ways to re-animate the image, without success. Nothing seems to be glitched at Imageshack where it's stored. The address is still the same and the image is still there, but it just won't display anywhere else.

I've given up and uploaded the image to Photobucket and changed my sig and the banner code in my OP. So I'm very sorry, folks to put you to the trouble of re-doing my sig, that is if you still want to show it off. I've not deleted the image at Imageshack, so if it's still working for you then you don't need to do anything. However, I can't see it in your sig, blue or sheep's, so I'm guessing it may not just be me. :(

Here it is again along with the code to drop in your sig:

My Signature.
If you would like to support my Victorian sci-fi industrial texture pack, please consider using my banner in your sig:

Posted Image
[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=48884"][IMG]http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b582/Glimmar/NewExtendedGSSignature_zpsb272cde7.png[/IMG][/url]
How to use my banner:
Spoiler:

View Postksheep, on 09 January 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:

Finally back at my computer… although I may be away from it most of tomorrow ¬_¬

Spoiler:
Anyway, last call for new mod textures! If you want them included in the next iteration of the mod texture pack, get them to me soon!
Many thanks, mate. :)

View PostVermillionTwilight, on 09 January 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

lol... GregTech updates with new blocks every couple of days and i'm behind on some other versions of mod textures that are for 1.4.2, but not for ones that are 1.4.6.
GregTech just released a new version today with another entire sheet of sprites and tripled the amount of content in the old ones. *cries*
Spoiler:

*sigh*
...and thanking you too, Vermillion. :)

View Postksheep, on 09 January 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

Nothing gets past your all seeing eye, sheep! :D

View Postasikar, on 09 January 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

I think I would like to try and pick it up. I've been going through the pack and rewording a few things and i think by the end of the day i should have a semi finished product.
Sounds most interesting. :)

View PostThe_Fool76, on 09 January 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

Jens has updated the wiki with some important info about texture packs in 1.5
http://www.minecraft...n_Minecraft_1.5

It contains all the details on how animations will be supported so we can start converting those .properties files over.

Just think, we may finally be seeing the end of "Why do I have water in the nether?" posts.  :)
Oooo! I'm not sure I fancy the effort of going through all my .properties files (with my haphazard nomenclature) trying to convert timings and such on all those animations. also how will this work for animating things on GUIs and mobs, etc? Wonder what kahr and Optifine are gonna do?
Posted Image

asikar
    asikar

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

Hello, this is captain Asikar with a language pack that I revived for use with Glimmar's pack. the original language pack can be found here:
http://www.minecraft...mpunk-language/

Credit is given to Zeefu1234 for setting the whole thing up I just picked up the pieces and cobbled them together. My version of the language pack is here:
https://docs.google....DZxdnp2M1U/edit
-click on "file" then click download
-the pack installs like a regular mod using MCPatcher

One question though, how do you change the font?
Posted Image

Glimmar
    Glimmar

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3830 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

View Postasikar, on 10 January 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

Hello, this is captain Asikar with a language pack that I revived for use with Glimmar's pack. the original language pack can be found here:

Credit is given to Zeefu1234 for setting the whole thing up I just picked up the pieces and cobbled them together. My version of the language pack is here:
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7s-gSpPv6hLbFJCRDZxdnp2M1U/preview" width="640" height="480"></iframe>
Nice work, asikar, many thanks and also credit to Zeefu1234 for the original language pack. Posted Image

Could I class this as a mod and ask ksheep to include it in the Mod Support Pack? Might you be able to continue to support this as new updates come along?
Posted Image

asikar
    asikar

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

View PostGlimmar, on 10 January 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

Nice work, asikar, many thanks and also credit to Zeeful1234 for the original language pack. Posted Image

Could I class this as a mod and ask ksheep to include it in the Mod Support Pack? Might you be able to continue to support this as new updates come along?

Feel free to put it into the mod support, and yes i will continue to support it with the new updates. I will post each new pack as updates come by, or as i change something, so keep a weather eye on the horizon.
Posted Image

ItsHunterHere
  • Minecraft: ItsHunterHere

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

I have on odd request for one of the mod texture artists. I play on a server that needs a custom pack for weapons, And that leaves me with either the default pack and the weapons, or this pack and weapons that look like garden equipment  I was wondering if any of you had time to texture the few items that it needs in a steam punk fashion, There are 11 textures i believe. I will include a list of the textures needed. To recap i just would like to see if anyone has time to edit the packs item sheet. I have no intentions to release this or make some form of profit. Personal use only. I hope im not asking too much ^.^'
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Zeefu1234
  • Minecraft: Zee1234

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

View Postasikar, on 10 January 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

https://docs.google....DZxdnp2M1U/edit

One question though, how do you change the font?

Thank you for picking this up again my good fellow! My friend and I (matanuilover) got caught up in school work and never returned to it sadly. I am glad someone else got around to continuing it! And thanks to all the people who made suggestions as towards the thread. It was quite fun when we were doing it xD
Posted Image

Glimmar
    Glimmar

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3830 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Just taken a look at all the options and work involved in changing my pack to be compatible with Minecraft's new 1.5 format, with it's individual textures rather than sheets, lots of work for compass and clock, and new format for animation. All I see is just too many changes to contemplate...a rather depressing situation after putting in so much work over the years.

As far as I'm concerned, it would have been better if Mojang had just left things as they are...I much prefer the way kahr (and Optifine) has been doing things over the past couple of years. Introducing HD and animation in such a way that is completely different than everyone has got used to (because Mojang left it so long to even recognise HD) means it's going to be a huge mess of confusion trying to sort out what will work and what won't work.

I don't mind much the breaking up of the items and terrain textures to individual files, they've given us a nifty tool to effect that, but the way they've approached everything else means way too much work for people with other jobs than Minecraft to contemplate. It's effectively like having to start over from scratch and with inferior effects. Posted Image  I have lots of .properties files controlling many little animations all over the place, most with M C Patcher specific timing and instructions...all of those would need re-writing and organizing. That and all the new material Mojang will be adding for redstone stuff and more.

I will finish up on the 1.4.7 update and some movies to show all the new stuff I've made as promised, and then I will contemplate whether or not I can carry on any longer. I will have to weigh up the changes and how kahr approaches things before making any fateful decisions. It may be that I sit back and effect changes as and when I can, just to make things work, which isn't what I call fun. As it stands I am not in the least bit excited about the 1.5 update. It doesn't seem like fun any more to have to do that amount of work for a feature 'less' pack.

If kahr manages to pull off some miracle that keeps things as they are, then I would be happier...I certainly couldn't maintain a Mojang compatible version and a more feature 'full' M C Patcher version.

A case of wait and see.
Posted Image

ItsHunterHere

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

Well, i have already heard talk of some one contemplating a mod to load textures as it did before, and this could be added to MCpatcher if they see fit. Then again optimism only goes so far.
Posted Image

ksheep
    ksheep

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 966 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Another possibility: I know that you've got a good-sized following. You could always ask us to help you convert everything over. Crowd-sourcing the conversion of the properties files could easily save you a lot of headaches, and allow you to focus on making new textures.
Posted Image

asikar
    asikar

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

View Postksheep, on 11 January 2013 - 01:55 AM, said:

Another possibility: I know that you've got a good-sized following. You could always ask us to help you convert everything over. Crowd-sourcing the conversion of the properties files could easily save you a lot of headaches, and allow you to focus on making new textures.

If i may interject my opinion here, this would defiantly would save a lot of headaches for you Glimmar and it should speed up the process of updating as well.
Posted Image

Mr_G_Reaper

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

latest mod textures arnt working (loads of items are purple!)

Ever thought there may be a use for bunnys?
http://www.minecraft...rs-twisted-mod/

JesterxMailman89

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

Ok everybody, looks like we are going to learn how to animate!

Ive never dabbled in animation files but if you need help Glimmar I will gladly start grinding my way through, I really would like to see this pack going not only because it is my favorite, but also because it is one of the oldest ones out there and seeing it die would be a mighty shame. Ill help wherever I can and however I can if you need it.
Posted Image

Demi_Person
  • Minecraft: demiperson

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:32 AM

Another voice here willing to help with whatever if I can, because I'd hate to see finicky conversion issues doom this awesome pack.
Posted Image

ItsHunterHere

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

What else would i do? :P Im up to help out, just got 100cm of snow anyway. Not going anywhere ^.^
Posted Image