• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Glimmar's Steampunk v15 Hybrid [64/32x][1.7.4] - UPDATED 29/1/14 - 1.8 pics pg563> - GS Alt Textures v15 UPDATED - New Mod Support by MegistusEligius!

steampunk rich dark grungy epic steamy! clockwork machines

• Please log in to reply
11926 replies to this topic

Glimmar
    Glimmar

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3830 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:15 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
.....Glimmar's Steampunk v.15 Hybrid for MC 1.7.4

Ladies and Gentlemen! My name is Glimmar, and I have great pleasure in presenting to you my dark, alternative, Victorian sci-fi theme pack...I dare to call it Steampunk ...hence the title of my establishment... 'Glimmar's Steampunk'. If you are looking to build epic constructions in a retro-classical industrial style, then as proprietor and creator of this exhibition of fine artistic resources, I invite you to waste a moment of your time within. Bare witness to scenes of wonder, arcane devices and even [gasp] 'moving picture shows'! Step inside...

Posted Image
.....GS v.14/15 Taster Videos

Posted Image
.....So What's New in GS v.14/15?

Click the spoiler for the v.14/15 Changelogs:
Spoiler:

Full and detailed Changelogs are also now stored in the pack. It includes hints and tips and comments on all the new things I've made and some advice on swapping textures around with alternatives from my 'GS Alt Collections' support pack (in the 'Downloads' section below).

Check out my GS v.14 Work-in-Progress screenshots here:

Pack Ice (64 textures)
Posted Image

To see more GS v.14 WIP screenshots please click on the spoiler button
Spoiler:

THIS PACK IS CURRENTLY ONLY EXCLUSIVE TO:

MINECRAFT FORUMS Texture Pack Section (you're here now)
CURSE/FORGE Texture Pack Section link (please visit and show some support if you can):

List me, make and display vids, show screens of the pack in action, credit me and link back to my thread here, but DO NOT redistribute my pack (or any part of it) or claim the work as your own, or link directly to my downloads (only link to my thread here). See my 'Legal' section below for more details.

PLANET MINECRAFT:  Although I'm a long standing member, I have not yet released Glimmar's Steampunk over there. If you see it, or any part of it, at PM, please report and notify me here. When I open up a page at Planet Minecraft, I will give proper notice here so there's no confusions over ownership...thanks for your help.

Posted Image

Posted Image
.....Introduction

It's been a long time in the making, and it's been around since the middle of 2010 here on the Texture Pack Section of the Minecraft Forums...making it one of the oldest texture packs still supported by it's original creator!

When using this pack, think like a 'megalomaniac' and dominate your world with cast iron, brass, copper, marble, tile, stone, brick and concrete! Many of my blocks and some paintings are animated, not just decoratively so, but in such a way as to make them useful for large scale builds...rotating wheels, cogs, flowing pulses of arcane energy, control panels, stained glass and much more. All the things you need to bring a secret lair, dirigible, nautilus submarine, battleship, fortress, city...your empire...to life!

Dignitaries. Chains & Gasmasks...
Spoiler:

Posted Image
.....Do I Need Flying Goggles?

...If you're currently flying rather high and not in a pressurized cabin...get them on now, man! What were you thinking?! ...Pish posh! You don't need them to survive this pack. Just because the theme is Steampunk, doesn't mean it's all brass machines and cogs...though you'll certainly find plenty of those here. This pack also contains a very large collection of random plants and foliage and many classical, architectural 'connected textures' to make your retro blocky world as believable as can be.

In addition, I've worked hard to make textures which look good from any distance...with or without your monocle...and appropriate to the theme's time period, ie. unnaturally annoying repetitive patterns are kept to an absolute minimum, so those enormous flights of fanciful engineering don't look like chequered 'Harris Tweed' when hovering aloft in your private airship.

Temples, Tombs & Towers
Spoiler:

Posted Image
.....Current Project Status

I am focused on upscaling my long established 32x pack to 64x and most new textures and animations I make are now first made at 64x. My latest version is a fully working 'Hybrid' 64x pack with some upscaled 32x terrain and item features from my original pack. I'm still missing an ender dragon I'm afraid, mostly because I just do not visit the end...sorry, but I will get round to it eventually!

Glimmar's Steampunk is packed with a large and growing number of animated blocks and 'Connected Textures'. This is very much a constant work in progress and I'm always trying to improve things where I can...when I can.

For those with more modest PCs there is now a 'Lite' version of Glimmar's Steampunk with no extra mobs, far fewer animations, but still with all the extra features to be found when using MCPatcher, such as 'connected textures' (CTM), biome and atmospheric colors and better skies for day and night. If you find the standard verison of the pack is too laggy for you, try out the 'Lite' version of my pack in the 'Downloads' section below.  This 'lighter' version may help some of you to squeez a few more FPS in game, but don't expect miracles. Other necessary MCPatcher embelishments like 'ctm', biome and atmospheric colours will all take their toll in the game.

To see more GS v.13 WIP screenshots and video - please click on the spoiler button
Spoiler:

MC 1.6 'WIP'  Showcase Pics and Vids

Posted Image

Click the spoiler for more screenshots and videos:
Spoiler:

Posted Image
.....Glimmar's Moving Picture Shows:

A short movie show-casing my hi-rez starfield texture for MC Patcher's 'Better Skies'.
Watch in as high a resolution as possible...you'll see the stars twinkling in all their glory!

Click the spoiler button for many more videos showcasing Glimmar's Steampunk and my world of Newglim:

Spoiler:

Posted Image
.....Video Reviews
Spoiler:

Posted Image
.....Welcome to My World of Newglim

Posted Image

Recent screens from my old city of 'Newglim':
Spoiler:

Posted Image
.....My Signature.
Spoiler:

Posted Image
[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=48884"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OaEhpyh.png[/IMG][/url]
How to use my banner:.
Spoiler:

Posted Image
.....Glimmar's Steampunk v15 Hybrid 64/32x for MC 1.7.4

THIS PACK IS CURRENTLY ONLY EXCLUSIVE TO:

MINECRAFT FORUMS Texture Pack Section (you're here now)
CURSE/FORGE Texture Pack Section: link (please visit and show some support if you can)

List me, make and display vids, show pics of the pack in action, credit me and link back to my thread here, but DO NOT redistribute my pack (or any part of it) or claim the work as your own, or link directly to my downloads (only link to my thread here). See my 'Legal' section below for more details.

PLANET MINECRAFT:  Although I'm a long standing member, I have not yet released Glimmar's Steampunk over there. If you see it, or any part of it, at PM, please report and notify me here. When I open up a page at Planet Minecraft, I will give proper notice here, so there's no confusions over ownership...thanks for your help.
I, and others, regularly sweep the net, including Planet Minecraft...any infractions on my copyright will be reported...I have all necessary proofs of ownership...be creative and use your own artistic talent!

Posted Image
.....Legal
Spoiler:

Posted Image
.....Downloads

To get the best out of this pack please install MCPatcher:  MCPatcher link.

Why do you still need MCPatcher when Minecraft now supports HD texture packs?
Spoiler:

Important: By downloading and/or using my 'Glimmar's Steampunk' texture pack, you agree and validate my licence and conditions of use, as laid out in my 'Legal'  section above.

I also view 'direct linking' or re-distribution as piracy. Direct links to my downloads are strictly forbidden...please link to my thread here instead.

My main download now links through adf.ly. I know some of you don't like this and I'm the same, I don't like ads or anything that delays me getting straight to a download, but after 3 years creating and supporting this pack with an immense amount of work and never using adf.ly or donation buttons throughout that period, I now find my circumstances have changed. To justify the large amount of time I'm having to spend on my pack, I'd be very grateful for 5 seconds of your time while you wait for adf.ly to connect you to my download page. However, I also provide direct download links to my Curse/Forge download page for those who do not wish to download through adf.ly. Many thanks to all of you who support my work on Glimmar's Steampunk.

GS v.15 Hybrid 64x/32x  (Fully Featured Version for MC 1.7.4):
Download: Glimmar's Steampunk v.15 Hybrid 64/32x for MC 1.7.4
..............on the adf.ly page, click the SKIP AD button (top right) after 5 secs. DO NOT CLICK ANY ADS
Direct: Glimmar's Steampunk v.15 Hybrid 64/32x for MC 1.7.4

GS Hybrid 'Lite' 64x/32x  (GSv15 for1.7.4 is currently under construction):
For those with modest PCs the 'Lite' version comes with no extra mobs, far fewer animations, but still has all the extra features to be found when using MCPatcher, such as 'connected textures' (CTM), biome and atmospheric colors and better skies for day and night.  This version may help some of you squeeze out a few more FPS in game, but don't expect miracles. Other necessary MCPatcher embelishments like 'ctm', biome and atmospheric colours will all take their toll in game.
Download: Glimmar's Steampunk v.13 Hybrid 'Lite' 64/32x for MC 1.6.4
.............on the adf.ly page, click the SKIP AD button (top right) after 5 secs. DO NOT CLICK ANY ADS
Direct: Glimmar's Steampunk v.13 Hybrid 'Lite' 64/32x for MC 1.6.4

32x:
Glimmar's Steampunk 32x is on hold for the foreseeable future, but is certainly not abandoned.

16x:
I currently don't make/support a 16x version of Glimmar's Steampunk. However, I can heartily recommend an exciting 16x steampunk themed texture pack made by Squid_Emperor: Steamy

Pocket Editions:
With special permission and thanks from Glimmar

creeping_creepers edition: download

Phillipzu edition: download

Posted Image
.....'GS Alternative Textures' Downloads

Download: Glimmar's Steampunk Alternative Textures v15
..............on the adf.ly page, click the SKIP AD button (top right) after 5 secs. DO NOT CLICK ANY ADS

Download: Glimmar's Steampunk 'User' Contributed Textures v15

Please note: These downloads are not 'resource packs' that can just be selected ingame, they are a vast collection of original alternative textures which you can dip into to customise your personal version of my pack and is only to be used in Glimmar's Steampunk. Like the rest of my work it is not to be used in other public texture/resource packs and is subject to my 'legal' conditions (see the relevant section in this post above).

Click the spoiler to see what's in the GS Alternative Textures downloads and some tips on swapping standard GS textures with my alternatives:
Spoiler:

Posted Image
.....Using This Well Oiled Precision Machine - Install
Spoiler:

Posted Image
.....Special Thanks & Credits
Spoiler:

Posted Image
Posted Image
.....Glimmar's Mod Support
Spoiler:

Posted Image
.....User Made Mod Textures

Posted Image
Posted Image
Spoiler:

Posted Image
.....Feature Showcase

Posted Image
click the banner for some inspiration on what gargantuan wonders can be made using Glimmar's Steampunk.

Click the spoiler for the 'asikar's airships' version of Glimmar's Steampunk:
Spoiler:

The_Claw95's.....Minecraft Bioshock City of Rapture

Posted Image
.....Steampunk Flavoured Guis
Spoiler:

Posted Image
.....Pumpkin Diving Helm HUD (WIP)
Spoiler:

Posted Image
.....User World Builds
Spoiler:

Posted Image
.....Steampunk Music - Vernian Process
Spoiler:

Posted Image
.....Adventure Maps
Spoiler:

Posted Image
.....Free P.A.S.C.I.B.O.R.D With Every Pack!
Portable and Spacially Compact Inventory Box of Relative Dimension

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

virulentRant

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:23 PM

:0

wow...

...WOW.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Kradlyn
    Kradlyn

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:27 PM

Steamcraft!  My day has been made.  Looks very good, please do keep up the good work.
My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/kradlyn
I currently have a Let's Play and time lapse series.

Glimmar
    Glimmar

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3830 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:27 PM

virulentRant said:

wow...

...WOW.

Hope that's a 'good' wow and not a 'bad' wow virulentRant.  :Iron:
Posted Image

Hoodwink
    Hoodwink

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2034 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:28 PM

Now THAT is truly amazing!  I'd love to have that texture for my game.  :Iron:  Keep up the good work, and I'll be sure to keep an eye on your project.
SsssssssssssssssssssssssssSURPRISE!  "What the FUUUU..."  BOOM

Cue song: "Don't Fear The Creeper...."

Glimmar
    Glimmar

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3830 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:30 PM

Kradlyn said:

Steamcraft!  My day has been made.  Looks very good, please do keep up the good work.

Many thanks Kradlyn. :Logs^:
Posted Image

Seiseki
    Seiseki

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1028 posts
  • Minecraft: Seiseki

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:31 PM

I like the details, but it clashes with some of the more plain textures..
There's also some difference in contrast between blocks, like some blocks have black lines while others are rather bright or more dull, it's very skilled work but I think you need to look how it all matches together.
Posted Image

Quarg
    Quarg

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1077 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:32 PM

I like it!

especially the doors and iron!
looking forward to seeing what you do with redstone.

Koolwitak
    Koolwitak

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2203 posts
  • Minecraft: Onikai32

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:32 PM

Ooooooo pretty...

Release it now!
Posted Image Posted Image

Glimmar
    Glimmar

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3830 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:35 PM

Hoodwink said:

Now THAT is truly amazing!  I'd love to have that texture for my game.  :Diamond:  Keep up the good work, and I'll be sure to keep an eye on your project.

Thanks to you too, Hoodwink. Just the encouragement I need! :Diamond:
Posted Image

virulentRant

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:38 PM

Glimmar said:

virulentRant said:

wow...

...WOW.

Hope that's a 'good' wow and not a 'bad' wow virulentRant.  :VV:
Why on earth would it be a bad wow?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Jagadance

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:57 PM

DO WANT.

Looks fantastic.

Glimmar
    Glimmar

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3830 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:59 PM

virulentRant said:

Glimmar said:

virulentRant said:

wow...

...WOW.

Hope that's a 'good' wow and not a 'bad' wow virulentRant.  :D
Why on earth would it be a bad wow?

Haha! Lack of confidence in my work I guess. Many thanks. :Glass:
Posted Image

Glimmar
    Glimmar

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3830 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:02 PM

Koolwitak said:

Ooooooo pretty...

Release it now!

I wish I could, but there's too many things still to do. Especially sorting the cobblestone and granite. Wow! Sooo difficult to get just right. Especially for this theme.  :Skeleton:
Posted Image

Gazoinks

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:03 PM

This looks absolutely fantastic.  This may very well usurp the Painterly Pack for me.  Excellent work. :Skeleton:  I'm really diggin' the lamps, doors, and crafting table.  The smoothstone looks a bit like gravel though, so you might want to make it darker or change it somehow.

eatright4

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:05 PM

This is amazing it really is i would love to see more of your work the one thing i dont like is the tools arent much different but other than that this is amazing here you deserve these  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :D  keep it up brah :D

Glimmar
    Glimmar

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3830 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:23 PM

Seiseki said:

I like the details, but it clashes with some of the more plain textures..
There's also some difference in contrast between blocks, like some blocks have black lines while others are rather bright or more dull, it's very skilled work but I think you need to look how it all matches together.

The difference in constrast between the blocks may be down to the lights I placed around, but I am very much in agreement with what you say, Seiseki. This is where my inexperience as a pixel artist comes in! I find the individual elements like doors, forge, etc. a pleasure (kind of) to struggle with, but getting that relationship between the 'simple' building blocks like cobblestone and granite a real head and eye strain to get right, especially for this theme, and applaud anyone who pulls it off! Those repeating patterns are a curse!! You would not believe how many renditions of cobblestone I've worked through. Early stages yet...

I take your observations seriously and hope you'll look in again and see how things change. Thanks, Seiseki. :Glass:

ps. at the very worst if I eventually flunk the 'building' blocks I'll just release the individual elements like doors, iron, etc. for the community to use as they see fit, but for now I'll struggle on. Woe is me!  :iapprove:
Posted Image

Glimmar
    Glimmar

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3830 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:35 PM

Gazoinks said:

This looks absolutely fantastic.  This may very well usurp the Painterly Pack for me.  Excellent work. :D  I'm really diggin' the lamps, doors, and crafting table.  The smoothstone looks a bit like gravel though, so you might want to make it darker or change it somehow.

I'm getting good feedback and appreciating the observations from everyone. Many thanks, Gazoinks, there's definately lots to get right here in the relationship between those prime building blocks and my pics are probably not the best, but hopefully I'll get there. Just nice to see there is an interest in a Steampunk theme. :D
Posted Image

Glimmar
    Glimmar

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3830 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:38 PM

Jagadance said:

DO WANT.

Looks fantastic.

Thanks, Jagadance. Will get right on to it! Lots to get right about it too. Just glad those lookin' in seem to be liking the theme.  :DBlock:
Posted Image

Stoup
    Stoup

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Members
  • 1705 posts
  • Minecraft: Stoup

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:48 PM

Huge fan of the green torches, look a lot more mystical that Red.

Are you going to do items, too? That'd be the best selling point, as Minecraft's gameplay doesn't generally lend itself towards a steampunk-ish atmosphere.