Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

World Of Zombies [Combat/Adventure Map]


  • Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#1

SmellyDom

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:41 PM

:Zombie:    World of Zombies    :Zombie:

We have created a map that has a high re-playable value to it and one that you wont delete once you've played it!

The objection is to get through as many rooms as you can, as fast as you can, with the highest score that you can manage. Your enemy is the Zombies, you must reach the end of the map if you can and finally kill them off! Enjoy yourself whilst playing this, its supposed to be fun and rewarding :D The doors open on a timer in most rooms so don't "/give Honeydew 46 1" ;)

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK TO KEEP THE THREAD ALIVE

DOWNLOAD: World of Zombies

Made by: Smellydom and Tastyjack

Singleplayer: Yes
Multiplayer: Yes
Fun: Yes!
Challenging: Yes!
Playtime: about 20 minutes depending on your skills

You earn a score by keeping hold of  :arrow:  arrows  :arrow:  the amount of arrows you have at the end of the map is your score. If there is more than one stack of arrows in a chest, only take one, the others are for other players in multiplayer. Please post your score and the difficulty you did it on and we will put you on the leader board :)

We both used SexyCraft whilst making and strongly suggest using it if you dont already, its a great texture pack and goes very well :) http://www.minecraft...4000-downloads/

This is now a Beta map so there shouldn't be any bugs, but if there are please let us know!

RULES:
1. No 3rd Party programmes such as InvEdit
2. You must flick both levers to get into each room
3. You can only take one item per chest per person in the Preperation Rooms
4. You cannot destroy or place blocks
5. In multiplayer you cannot spawn items in
6. Close doors behind you
7. Play on Normal difficulty or higher
8. Never enter the spawn rooms or move torches

Please leave feedback! we don't ask for much and it really helps!

Downloads:
Day 1 - 190
Day 3 - 250
Day 4 - 310

Trailer

Made by The TommyProductions

Made by Miners Central
[media]http://www.youtube.c...Ceek9fA_o[media] Some screenshots: [img]http://i56.tinypic.c...4uuwz7.jpg[/img] Videos: [spoiler]Thanks to ocomoblock [media]]

[/spoiler]

                         Score leaderboards:
Hard                             
:Diamond:  1st. trineops - 120  
:Diamond:  1st. FateDog - 120
:Diamond:  1st. Dragonkinn - 120
:Diamond:  1st. lordkarnage and Beefclot - 120
:Iron:     2nd. PshrimpyJ - 117  
:GoldBar:  3rd. katjoflen - 115            

Normal
:Diamond:  1st. Zelbec - 117
:Diamond:  1st. RCTrue - 117
:Diamond:  1st  itssozingy - 117
:Iron:     2nd. Lord_Dust_Bunny - 110
:Iron:     2nd. Chi369 - 110
:GoldBar:  3rd.

Easy    
:Diamond:  1st. skywarp626 - 115
:Iron:     2nd. MCNuss - 111
:GoldBar:  3rd. 22cruel - 109


If your interested:
It took us about a month to make
We did it all by hand, no InvEdit apart from on the spawners
We learnt loads of new things about redstone!
The hardest thing to do was come up with a name
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

#2

wasssup
    wasssup

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 123 posts
  • Location: im in the best cave, the walls are filled with diamonds, me and hero. are drinkin coke and having a good time

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:42 PM

it was fun good map ;D i dont know why but i didnt want to delete it :o

#3

SmellyDom

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:00 PM

View Postwasssup, on 05 July 2011 - 07:42 PM, said:

it was fun good map ;D i dont know why but i didnt want to delete it :o

We're glad you enjoyed it :) if you can remember you should post how many arrows you got, you'll easily take 1st place on the leaderboard! ;)
Posted Image

#4

Lord_Dust_Bunny
  • Location: Muenster
  • Minecraft: Lord_Dust_Bunny

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:23 PM

Finished my playthrough of it=D

The rating is 8/10. It could have been a bit longer. The Tower needs to be a bit harder, I went through it in under a minute. My score was 110, I never fired a single arrow. Also, try having several redstone torches lighting up the spawner rooms. I had a skele spawn and try and kill me in the 2nd room. Otherwise, it's a great game=D

I reposted it here because other thread has died.

Posted Image


#5

imef
    imef

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 121 posts
  • Location: France
  • Minecraft: imef

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

I've just finished the map in hard difficulty.
I have done all the challenges.
And I finished the game with 30 arrows.
Check out my channel!
New videos every week!

#6

SmellyDom

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

View PostLord_Dust_Bunny, on 05 July 2011 - 08:23 PM, said:

Finished my playthrough of it=D

The rating is 8/10. It could have been a bit longer. The Tower needs to be a bit harder, I went through it in under a minute. My score was 110, I never fired a single arrow. Also, try having several redstone torches lighting up the spawner rooms. I had a skele spawn and try and kill me in the 2nd room. Otherwise, it's a great game=D

I reposted it here because other thread has died.


We're glad you enjoyed it :) wow thats a pretty good score! haha what difficultly did you do it on?

and also did the firing range work? did you have to shoot zombies to go through yeah?
Posted Image

#7

SmellyDom

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:16 PM

Guys we need more feedback! We have so many more downloads than we do comments, this is our first map so please let us know what to improve on next time ;)
Posted Image

#8

SmellyDom

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:20 PM

View Postimef, on 05 July 2011 - 08:47 PM, said:

I've just finished the map in hard difficulty.
I have done all the challenges.
And I finished the game with 30 arrows.

Thanks :) that must have been pretty hard! haha okay your on the leaderboard! :)
Posted Image

#9

trineops
    trineops

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1099 posts
  • Location: Far far away, and yet so close to you
  • Minecraft: gam60v6r

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

well this was a bit different then the other maps i ussely play. This was just a pure combat map and i needed that for once.

Liked the map a lot and will definitly play it again.

My score:
70 arrows on hard
150 arrows on normal.

I don't know what maximum score is but do tell.

Also is it possible to do this in multiplayer or is it ment for singleplayer
Did i help you please plz the little green rate thingy!
Posted Image

#10

Endon10
    Endon10

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • Minecraft: Endon10

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:29 PM

looks cool
Did I help you? If I did press the green button on the bottom right corner.

#11

SmellyDom

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:29 PM

View Posttrineops, on 05 July 2011 - 09:23 PM, said:

well this was a bit different then the other maps i ussely play. This was just a pure combat map and i needed that for once.

Liked the map a lot and will definitly play it again.

My score:
70 arrows on hard
150 arrows on normal.

I don't know what maximum score is but do tell.

Also is it possible to do this in multiplayer or is it ment for singleplayer

We're really happy you enjoyed it :) you've obviously played a lot of maps and its nice to hear you didnt have any problems!

We're really glad you said you'd play it again because thats what we aimed for, a map that can be played more than once!

it's both single and multiplayer and the spawn is the same :)

Okay i will put your score on now! thanks again :)
Posted Image

#12

trineops
    trineops

    Lapis Lazuli Collector

  • Members
  • 1099 posts
  • Location: Far far away, and yet so close to you
  • Minecraft: gam60v6r

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:46 PM

np.

I will play once so often trying to beat first place on hard.

I just sometimes need to kill some mobs and this is just perfect for it.

Yep played a lot of maps. And like a lot but i always give critism but with this i don't their were no problems and its just fun to kill some zombies.

Maybe also make one with skeletons and one with spiders. Also maybu one with all 3 mobs. But no creeppers they would just start to explode in the face.

I will play it on my private server soon.
Did i help you please plz the little green rate thingy!
Posted Image

#13

SmellyDom

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:56 PM

View Posttrineops, on 05 July 2011 - 09:46 PM, said:

np.

I will play once so often trying to beat first place on hard.

I just sometimes need to kill some mobs and this is just perfect for it.

Yep played a lot of maps. And like a lot but i always give critism but with this i don't their were no problems and its just fun to kill some zombies.

Maybe also make one with skeletons and one with spiders. Also maybu one with all 3 mobs. But no creeppers they would just start to explode in the face.

I will play it on my private server soon.

It's great to hear there were no problems :) yeah keep trying to beat that high score! its a good bench mark thats been set i think!

Okay that'd be great, do you or anyone you know have fraps that could do a playthrough? we'd feature it on the thread and give credit!
Posted Image

#14

Lord_Dust_Bunny
  • Location: Muenster
  • Minecraft: Lord_Dust_Bunny

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:58 PM

I played on normal. The firing range didn't work, I never fired a arrow to get through ; the door was alreday open =/

Posted Image


#15

SmellyDom

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:14 PM

View PostLord_Dust_Bunny, on 05 July 2011 - 09:58 PM, said:

I played on normal. The firing range didn't work, I never fired a arrow to get through ; the door was alreday open =/

Okay thanks, ah thats a shame, did you stay in the spawn room for a long time or something because they should stay long enough for you to reach them?
Posted Image

#16

zack831
    zack831

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • Minecraft: zack831

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:19 PM

this is the best map
i got 95 arrows on normal
and did all the challenges

#17

SmellyDom

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

View Postzack831, on 05 July 2011 - 10:19 PM, said:

this is the best map
i got 95 arrows
and did all the challenges

Nice to see you enjoyed it :)

okay what difficulty was that on? :)
Posted Image

#18

lgregl
    lgregl

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:52 PM

Just done a lets play for custom maps of this map.. Will be uploading video soon, will try to remember to link in this forum thread for it :)

#19

SmellyDom

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:06 AM

View Postlgregl, on 05 July 2011 - 11:52 PM, said:

Just done a lets play for custom maps of this map.. Will be uploading video soon, will try to remember to link in this forum thread for it :)

Thats great! thank you! if you link it to me i can put it as the video on the actual post and i will link your channel :)
Posted Image

#20

SnowShade
  • Minecraft: banesable

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:22 AM

its ok but ive noticed u keep reposting it with different titles? pls stop!